FIFA WCQ CONMEBOL/OFC Playoff 2nd Leg: Australia v Uruguay Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been on holidays for a bit and have just read thru this whole thread which has bought back some fantastic memories of what is one of the best feelings I've ever had at a sporting event (along with Boro's League Cup win which I was lucky enough to be at and the Roos two premierships in 96/99). It was a gut churning match with the perfect outcome and it was fantastic as a boro and Australian supporter to see Arnie make those tremendous saves.

I wish I could get to Germany but will most probably enjoy our journey on SBS. Can't wait. Go Aussies!! :thumbsu:

Rave Slave said:
Tell im' he's dreaming.

Your defence is solid with a good-very good keeper. The majority of world class sides have stellar defences with great - world class keepers.

I'll be suprised if you even know the names of the keepers for Brazil, Argentina, France, Holland and any others sides you regard as "world class" but if you did you would know that there aren't too many "world class" keepers around these days and Mark Schwarzer, although not brilliant, is regarded by most as one of their equals.

To bring a few of the supporters down to Earth.

That won't be happening for a long while :)

Rave Slave said:
40 Years since we WON a world cup

30 Years since you QUALIFIED for a world cup

Bit of a difference eh?
It is a bit of a difference no doubt.But as Uruguay have just found out,their precious history counts for basically stuff all if you can't put the ball in the back of the net.

Rave Slave said:
But FWIW if Australia make it past the group stages then I'll run naked at an Adelaide United game.

Rave, that may come back to bite you on the ass. How can you make a call like that when you don't even know who we have to play? Unless you are 100% confident that every single team in the World Cup is better than Australia. Which is pretty stupid in itself considering we just knocked off a top 20 nation and arguably the 3rd best South American country.

Hopefully we draw Mexico (1st seed), Japan (2nd seed) and Saudi Arabia (3rd seed). Or maybe for 10,000-15,000 Adelaide United fans, hopefully not.

Rave Slave said:
40 Years since we WON a world cup

30 Years since you QUALIFIED for a world cup

Bit of a difference eh?

94 Campaign would your lot have beaten Argentina over two legs? Oh hang on you couldn't even beat Norway!

98 Campaign, alright Iran you would have got through there.

02 Campaign, Uruguay would have beaten you over the two legs.

06 Campaign, Northern Ireland *cough* *cough* if that team can beat you, you have serious problems!

And no I am not claiming Australia will win it, I will be ecstatic if we even make it out of the group stages, but don't be claiming England are great, the facts are simply that they are nothing but a semi decent team. Would have loved to have seen if they got put in one of the other groups say the one with Spain and Serbia in it.......

DirtyDogTIGERS said:
so the 32 teams are

australia

Angola
Cote d ivorie
togo
ghana
tunisia

we should be able to beat those countries.

japan
Korea
iran
saudi

same again

USA
mexico
costa rica
trinidad

same again

Argentina
brazil
paraguay
Ecuador

bit worried about argentina and brazil

czech
Spain
france
Switzerland
England
Germany
Ukraine
netherlands
poland
croatia
italy
Portugal
Sweden
Serbia/montenegro

a few of those teams aren't too bad either.

But australia are just seven wins away from winning the world cup.

:D

and richmond will make the finals too

:p

Now post without your hand FIRMLY on it.

Rave Slave said:
And we've been hearing that for the last 30 years...

England will go close again but won't win it (last four is my biased prediction)

Arsentina in a canter for mine.

But FWIW if Australia make it past the group stages then I'll run naked at an Adelaide United game.

At least FIFA are kind enough to give them a bit of an idea what they are up against in Germany with a 'friendly' against Greece at the MCG

Greece 3 Australia 0

Sexiano Ronaldo said:
What an obvious choice.

F**king bandwagoner.

Now you listen to me you lil ******** I am a dead set Man Utd fan and have loved the club ever since I went to a game in 1987 how about you stop calling people bandwagoner's when you know sweet ******** all about that person, currently have four Man Utd shirts and a fifth on the way call me a bandwagoner you lil ******** now go ******** yourself
:mad: :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maccas_no1 said:
Now you listen to me you lil ******** I am a dead set Man Utd fan and have loved the club ever since I went to a game in 1987 how about you stop calling people bandwagoner's when you know sweet ******** all about that person, currently have four Man Utd shirts and a fifth on the way call me a bandwagoner you lil ******** now go ******** yourself
Chinese people have 20 man utd shirts, does that make them a true fan?

The only excuse you can have is if a family member, most likely your dad, comes from Manchester and passed it on. ;)

YOTC said:
Chinese people have 20 man utd shirts, does that make them a true fan?

The only excuse you can have is if a family member, most likely your dad, comes from Manchester and passed it on. ;)

Yeah well that is pretty low call there, no I have bought all my Man Utd tops apart from one direct throught the Man Utd Shop, the other I bought from the Nike Store in Melbourne.

maccas_no1 said:
At least FIFA are kind enough to give them a bit of an idea what they are up against in Germany with a 'friendly' against Greece at the MCG

Greece 3 Australia 0

So which excuse is it time for England to use for when they get dumped out this time? Sven, Becks, Refs, *Insert any excuse here which doesn't involve the truth*.....

maccas_no1 said:
If I supported the socceroo's then I would be jumping on the coat tails of another one.

Once again you're wrong bandwagoner. They're representing your country. You weren't born in England were you? Bandwagoner.

Punchy Bassett said:
So which excuse is it time for England to use for when they get dumped out this time? Sven, Becks, Refs, *Insert any excuse here which doesn't involve the truth*.....

Please don't class a bandwagoner like him with people like me. He doesn't represent English NT opinion at ALL. ;)

maccas_no1 said:
No I would be a traitor if I followed the soccerpoo's
:thumbsdown:

No, that'd be showing pride in your country and what it has accomplished, and not be a bogan bandwagoner pretending to be something he isn't.

maccas_no1 said:

Well I have eight United shirts, so I'm better than you.

Now go buy more merchandise you pathetic bandwagoning git.

Oh the irony!

He said he started supporting them in 1987.

You at the earliers would've started supprting them in 1993 (or sometime in there period of dominance).

Why did you start supporting them again TRUE BANDWAGONER?

And a note to you, don't answer because the answers obvious.

Because they were top.

No run along and trade Star Trek cards with Lapdog10.

apollo_creed said:
Oh the irony!

He said he started supporting them in 1987.

You at the earliers would've started supprting them in 1993 (or sometime in there period of dominance).

Why did you start supporting them again TRUE BANDWAGONER?

And a note to you, don't answer because the answers obvious.

Because they were top.

No run along and trade Star Trek cards with Lapdog10.

All that angst is obviously affecting your spelling (amongst other things). But keep giving me all your attention, I love it. I thrive on it.

So can I ask why you started supporting Chelsea?

Because they are top, and Villa is down the other end of the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back