FIFA WCQ CONMEBOL/OFC Playoff 2nd Leg: Australia v Uruguay Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh, what a day. Shame I couldn't watch or listen to the moment. I was on a school camp at the time. Teacher was gonna let a couple of people watch it and I was one of em. Went back to have a shower and got back and I'd been kicked out. I was shattered.

I'll do it if we score a goal at the World Cup.

Don't think I'll have much to worry about there.

We get your point mate. You do make some insightful comments but this is just a broken record moment.

Don't get him started on Harry Kewell.

Streaker alert warning for Adelaide United noted. I've never seen an miserable-looking streaker before though, so someone be sure to youtube it.

Bit less dramatic qualifying this time round, but what the hell, we're there. Come on Aussie!

Let's go back to the old way of doing things. Oceania then play-off against a South American opponent. That was drama, an emotional rollercoaster, tears of misery and joy! This is boring, an easy, steady route against bland opposition, for the most part.

I'm not serious by the way. I love that we've transitioned to Asia.

4 years ago today. How time flies!
We've made another World Cup, in far less dramatic style - and looking forward to next year, when hopefully the Socceroos can again prove themselves worthy of a place within the game's elite. I'm quietly confident we'll at least make the round of 16 again.

But nothing will ever match that amazing night at Homebush. I'm going to put the DVD on tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's go back to the old way of doing things. Oceania then play-off against a South American opponent. That was drama, an emotional rollercoaster, tears of misery and joy! This is boring, an easy, steady route against bland opposition, for the most part.

I'm not serious by the way. I love that we've transitioned to Asia.

definetly miss that cut throat play off action. Watching NZ V Bahrain, u could feel the tension and ebbs and flows.

Would love us to meet Uruguay again at a World Cup match. Especially the rivalry we have built with them during that period

definetly miss that cut throat play off action. Watching NZ V Bahrain, u could feel the tension and ebbs and flows.

Would love us to meet Uruguay again at a World Cup match. Especially the rivalry we have built with them during that period

remember the day like it was yesterday!

The tension in the NZ game was awesome, for a minute there i even felt like a kiwi!!!

Perhaps we can aim to finish 3rd in the qualifying stages next time round so we can have a crack at two (well four actually) cut throat games :p

Quality bump, you will struggle to find a better Australian sporting moment than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back