Movie Film Trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

Eclipsing both the Carry On films and the James Bond franchise as the most prolific film series are the Japanese Otoko wa Tsurai yo films, which produced 48 films between 1969 and 1995.

Cormac McCarthy originally wrote No Country for Old Men as a screenplay but later adapted it as a book which was then later adapted as a screenplay by the Coen Bros.

The Back to the Future ending wasn't intended as a set up for a sequel but was just a gag. Had the two Bobs intended it as a cliffhanger they wouldn't have taken Jennifer along.

The infamous Nuke the Fridge scene in Indiana Jones IV was actually the original climax ending to Back to the Future. The time machine was originally a fridge and getting Marty back required sticking him in the middle of a Nevada Nuclear test site during the 50s.

Vincent D'Onofrio had two movies released in 1987 within a month of each, Full Metal Jacket and Adventures in Babysitting. However his physique is completely different in each.

Sly Stallone had announced his retirement from action films while filming Copland.

Ron Jeremy had a role as an extra in Ghostbusters, being credited as "Man behind barricade".
OhGBUSp.jpg

Am I the only one that goes onto IMDB after watching a movie or series and look up trivia for it? Haha.
Nope.

I heard Mel Gibson wanted a cameo in Mad Max: Fury Road but was turned down by George Miller because he was a little too long in the tooth.

But apparently this was a smokescreen because the director/producer was more concerned he may not have gotten as wide a release or support for the film due to Gibson's drunken rant claiming Jews were to blame for "all the wars in the worlds history"...

Unknown.jpeg

As the film industry is controlled predominantly by Jewish businessmen and companies in America could this be true..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 1991 during the filming for 'Point Break' Reeves (Whose role involved playing a rookie FBI agent 'Johnny Utah') was surfing with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his co-stars rushed to help, Reeves held out an arm in front of them, stopping them, and was reported saying by Lori Petty (who plays Tyler Endicott),"The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". And proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

In 1991 during the filming for 'Point Break' Reeves (Whose role involved playing a rookie FBI agent 'Johnny Utah') was surfing with co-stars when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his co-stars rushed to help, Reeves held out an arm in front of them, stopping them, and was reported saying by Lori Petty (who plays Tyler Endicott),"The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". And proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.
wtf%20(2).gif

Saving Private Ryan.
Clearing out the trenches at the beginning of the movie after taking over the beach, two German soldiers come out with their hands up in the air. It seems as if they are trying to surrender.

They are both shot dead and the US marine says they were saying "look! I washed for supper!" However, the language they were speaking was actually Czech, not German, and the man was saying "please don't shoot me! I am not German, I am Czech, I didn't kill anymore! I am Czech!"

The soldier was a Czech taken prisoner by the Germans and forced to fight for them.

everything-you-ve-ever-known-about-these-11-movies-will-be-turned-upside-down-after-learni-583595.jpg

Alien: Resurrection (1997)

Sigourney Weaver actually made the behind-the-back, half-court basketball shot successfully after two weeks of basketball tutoring. When the day came to shoot the scene, director Jean-Pierre Jeunet wanted to have the ball dropped in from above, after capturing Weaver throwing it, rather than wait for her to sink the shot herself, as that "would probably take about 200 takes." Weaver insisted that she could get the shot in herself — and sank the shot on the very first take.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (1999)

Shaving razors play key roles in the film. When Liam Neeson's character Qui-Gon Jinn uses a high-tech "communicator" device, it's actually a redecorated Sensor Excel Razor for Women. The sound of the hovering battle tanks used by the battle droids was created by running an electric razor around a metal salad bowl and then digitally lowering the pitch.

Fight Club (1999)

After the copyright warning on the Fight Club DVD, there is another warning from Tyler Durden, which appears only for a second: "If you are reading this, then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned ... Tyler."

Lord of the Rings (2001)

The cast often had to fly to remote shoot locations by helicopter. But Sean Bean was afraid of flying. So, when the crew shot the scenes of the Fellowship crossing the snowy mountains, Bean would spend two hours every morning climbing from the base of the mountain to the set near the top, already dressed as Boromir. The cast and crew would pass him as they flew up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back