Status
Not open for further replies.
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Step right up folks for the funnest, nerve-tingliest, most groin-grabbingly transcendent game on BigFooty.

That's right, it's the Adelaide Board Goal Kicking game! Now known as the "Filthy Pigeon" in honour of our most recent winner.

For the uninitiated, you have to pick an Adelaide goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins. Huzzah!

Round 1 is approaching like a freight train - Thursday March 20. So you have just over three weeks to get your entries in. [Did anyone else not know that we are starting on a Thursday? At Geelong? At night? News to me.]

Goal Kicking Game Hall of Fame
SugarShane
Hinkstuff
Coopers
Dirty Bird

The good news is that the game is returning to its absolute purest form. Regular players would know that there has been quite a bit of tinkering around the edges of the rule book over the journey. Some rule changes have been inspired (perhaps a generous appraisal) and others have caused quite a bit of confusion. Several modifications were made to reduce confusion but they only served to complicate matters further.

Rule Summary
Immunity cards - gone
Match winning goal bonus - gone
Sub option - gone
Banked goals - gone
Slippery Slope - gone (God, looking back there was some guff)
Wildcards - I made those up
Trump card - never existed
Golden goal - Ok, I'm being silly now
Code word - Shut up Carl

*Please note that this explanation doesn't include several hidden rules that I will unveil only after you inadvertently breach them. Stay tuned!

Righto... the important bits:

You make your selections in this thread.

Your selection must be in by the first bounce.

You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

If you don't get a selection in on time you're eliminated unless you've got an Immunity Card

If you pick someone twice you're eliminated.

If your player gets subbed on/subbed off - bad luck.

If you criticise the rules or get angry about rulings then that simply adds to the fun for everyone else. Go your hardest.

If you stumble across this game after Round 1 and would like to join in... too bad! You'll just have to wait until 2015 (or Round 6 when we've all bombed out and start over).

Prize - Now that I'm a Mod and not a mere underling like you guys I should have the powers to whip up something. Some sort of badge of honour for the winner that I've noticed other boards have.

The one complicated rule I will keep is the late change rule. If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who. I can't be bothered explaining what that means so we'll call that hidden rule #1.

I think that's everything. Wow... the simplified version was a lot harder to explain than all the complicated versions. Good luck everyone.

Oh, and some free advice: Patrick Dangerfield has eliminated more participants than any other Crow.

I'm... me?

Woodsjimbo.png

Righto... the important bits:

Your selection must be in by the first bounce.

You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

If you don't get a selection in on time you're eliminated
So say the match is pouring rain, the umpire throws it up, Jacobs taps it to Dangerfield, he runs 5 meters, kicks it long, comes off Podsially's hands, into the waiting hands of Eddie Betts, who kicks a goal on the full.
Can we change our selection to Betts?
Afterall, the ball hadn't bounced yet.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know the rules behind the Hall of Fame.

As a joint winner I demand satisfaction.
Well technically we didn't have a winner that time. From memory it was you, Glenno23 and someone else (started with "J" - can't remember who) who were the last three left but you all bombed out at the same time.

There was another one of these - "BT" - I think Tarasque was one, can't remember the other person.

Perhaps we need a sub category? Broom Closet of Fame? For those that got close but couldn't quite get over the line. Or perhaps the Neil Craig Award for these tipsters?

Didn't like the last version though where you had banked goals though.
Yeah, was worth a go but removed some of the tension. If you've got goals in the bank and can't be eliminated the edge of your seat action disappears. Plus once you fell a few goals behind you were effectively out of the running and heaps of people stopped putting in choices near the end.

Well technically we didn't have a winner that time. From memory it was you, Glenno23 and someone else (started with "J" - can't remember who) who were the last three left but you all bombed out at the same time.

There was another one of these - "BT" - I think Tarasque was one, can't remember the other person.

Perhaps we need a sub category? Broom Closet of Fame? For those that got close but couldn't quite get over the line. Or perhaps the Neil Craig Award for these tipsters?

I'm not fussed on HOW you do it, i just want my name in lights for the tie! ;)

Maybe when you get down to the last 3 you reset and you have a sudden death shoot out. Where the remaining say 3 posters, cannot pick the same player, first in best served. But you can only post once your player has made it through. Confused, lol. I am.:p

Nothing like waiting for the last kick of the game to secure your place in the game.

Thanks Sam Kerridge. Now, that's tension.

And, letting out a great big YES when a dud kicks a goal and we are losing by 40. That's fun.

Nothing like waiting for the last kick of the game to secure your place in the game.

Try gambling mate, your in tears for the entire game until the result is secured.

Bet on the Hawks to beat the Cats in the finals last year and with about 30 seconds to go a Geelong player shanks a kick in front of goals and you win!

Try gambling mate, your in tears for the entire game until the result is secured.

Bet on the Hawks to beat the Cats in the finals last year and with about 30 seconds to go a Geelong player shanks a kick in front of goals and you win!

I don't gamble. Can not afford to lose.

#Gambleresponsibility.

I don't gamble. Can not afford to lose.

#Gambleresponsibility.

Its not gambling if you are winning.

But I respect your decision.

I have seen people lose at gambling and its the saddest look you could imagine, where your life can change for the better or for the worse. I remember the movie Indecent Proposal - I know its very little about gambling, but that image of seeing the couple lose everything by betting on red or black is heartbreaking to say the least.

I love this game. Even though I've never made it past three rounds. Few questions though.

Where do I make my selections?
Can I get my selection in after the first bounce?
How do I get an Immunity Card?
Can I pick someone twice?
What happens if my player gets subbed off?
Can I join if I miss the first game?

Think that covers the grey areas. Oh, and can I use my banked goals from last year that I hadn't used up?

Pods for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back