PS3 Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remake

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-review

The Verdict
Final Fantasy X is a brilliant game that every JRPG fan should have played by now, and whether you’re experiencing it for the first time or returning for another playthrough, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is outstanding. With enhanced art and music, tons of extra in-game content, cross-save compatibility, and bundling two huge games for the price of one, it’s a lot of bang for your buck. There’s so much to see and do, and being rewarded with new Trophies for going the extra mile with challenges and exploration feels great.

After being in production for what would appear to be a few years, this game will finally be released on the 21st of March.

Was one of the best games on PS2 in my opinion, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how the soundtrack sounds re-mastered. FFX had one of the best soundtracks.

This was also one of the last Final Fantasy's that I can really say I enjoyed. The newer ones may have fancy graphics, but ive gotten far more enjoyment out of 7,8,9 and 10 (perhaps more from a nostalgic point of view). I may be alone of that though

Anyone else looking forward to this one?

Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man U, Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-review

After being in production for what would appear to be a few years, this game will finally be released on the 21st of March.

Was one of the best games on PS2 in my opinion, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how the soundtrack sounds re-mastered. FFX had one of the best soundtracks.

This was also one of the last Final Fantasy's that I can really say I enjoyed. The newer ones may have fancy graphics, but ive gotten far more enjoyment out of 7,8,9 and 10 (perhaps more from a nostalgic point of view). I may be alone of that though

Anyone else looking forward to this one?
yes! last final fantasy game i played! loved every minute of it

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
It is the last classic main line Final Fantasy and merged a great story with great mechanics and a superb development system.

I put over 200 hours into this back in the day.

I desperately want to play this as well but I want to do it justice by finishing it right (all ultimate weapons + slaying the demon summons).

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Thank God for this
I always thought I was being a hipster douche by not getting into the newer games

Nah FFXIII is just an average game. It takes too long to get decent and then they gave it 2 sequels.

Hoping Square can reassert Final Fantasy as a top tier franchise this gen.

Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
******* at EB only rung up the regular edition when I wanted the collector's when I pre-ordered a few months back (only found out today). Gonna be getting the collector's off the web now and get the Vita version from EB.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
given its just a HD remake, will the original guide book for the ps2 be good with this? or are there some slight changes?

Extra material from the International Version was added.

Just google the changes/additions and use your regular guide, that's my plan.

Cynic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2006
Not Blank
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope they remove the ability to so easily train (Dodge pass rinse repeat?) in blitzball. Take that out and it'd be a brilliant mini game.

Favourite moment of FFX was wandering the desert and suddenly getting violated by Dark Iffrit...was just brutal.

Won't be playing it again regardless. Stuff catching butterflies, racing chocobo's and dodging lightning bolts again.

Although now I'm tempted :(

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope they remove the ability to so easily train (Dodge pass rinse repeat?) in blitzball. Take that out and it'd be a brilliant mini game.

Favourite moment of FFX was wandering the desert and suddenly getting violated by Dark Iffrit...was just brutal.

Won't be playing it again regardless. Stuff catching butterflies, racing chocobo's and dodging lightning bolts again.

Although now I'm tempted :(

I'm actually more interested in the after story that happened after X-2 that was never localised West. Don't want to play X-2 again though, hopefully I can take someone's save file.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens

Those things would just mess you up if you weren't uberlevelled.

I beat the Dark Valefor the conventional way because my players were so high stat wise.

Everything else I just hit with Yojimbo and hoped it would open with Zanmato.

Cynic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2006
Not Blank
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Those things would just mess you up if you weren't uberlevelled.

I beat the Dark Valefor the conventional way because my players were so high stat wise.

Everything else I just hit with Yojimbo and hoped it would open with Zanmato.

I beat them all honourably with the exception of whatever that thing that that came out of that big chasm was called...equivalent of the Omega Weapon I think.

Scummed and used Yojimbo and it still haunts me :(

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...will-have-a-tough-time-getting-each-platinum/

Dam, Highly doubt i'll even get close to platinum
Ones that will not be able to get

• Perseverance – Defeat Penance
  • Overcoming the Nemesis – Defeat Nemesis
  • Mega Strike – Deal 99999 damage with one attack
  • Chocobo Master – Get 5 treasure chest during the Chocobo Race at Remiem Temple and win the race
  • Weapon Master – Obtain all Celestial Weapons
  • Chocobo Rider – Win a race with a catcher chocobo with a total time of 0:0:0

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Will probably pick this up for Vita once I'm done with Persona 4 Golden.
Been a long time since my last Final Fantasy game, never got around to this one.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Already made a thread about this a while back, oh well.

I'm planning on getting it, can't wait to revisit one of the best JRPGs.
Think I'll get PS3 version first and the VITA version down the track since it has cross-save.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...will-have-a-tough-time-getting-each-platinum/

Dam, Highly doubt i'll even get close to platinum
Ones that will not be able to get

• Perseverance – Defeat Penance
  • Overcoming the Nemesis – Defeat Nemesis
  • Mega Strike – Deal 99999 damage with one attack
  • Chocobo Master – Get 5 treasure chest during the Chocobo Race at Remiem Temple and win the race
  • Weapon Master – Obtain all Celestial Weapons
  • Chocobo Rider – Win a race with a catcher chocobo with a total time of 0:0:0

I know that I did all 3 of the bolded and I can't remember what time I got for the Chocobo Race/Catcher Chocobo challenges.

I never defeated Penance.

Regardless those who put in the time to platinum this baby have earned it.

The 99999 damage one is pretty easy to obtain if you've worked your way around the sphere grid and have a weapon that allows you to break the 9999 limiter.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
I know that I did all 3 of the bolded and I can't remember what time I got for the Chocobo Race/Catcher Chocobo challenges.

I never defeated Penance.

Regardless those who put in the time to platinum this baby have earned it.

The 99999 damage one is pretty easy to obtain if you've worked your way around the sphere grid and have a weapon that allows you to break the 9999 limiter.

The time of 0.0.0 is needed for a limit break weapon I thought.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I'll only have access to the Vita version but I'll wait for a price drop. I still own the originals but having handheld versions appeals to me more these days.
Same with me. If I have a handheld option of the same game I'll usually go for it, which is only really a possibility now with the Vita. A little annoyed that so much of it is 'download tokens' and all that nonsense. Would rather just pay more for 2 cartridges.

Same with me. If I have a handheld option of the same game I'll usually go for it, which is only really a possibility now with the Vita. A little annoyed that so much of it is 'download tokens' and all that nonsense. Would rather just pay more for 2 cartridges.
Cartridges or cards?

Back