PS3 Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remake

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't wait $59.95 is great value for 200+hrs of gameplay and FFX is one of the best JRPGs ever.

Really enjoying my replay of FFX about 4 hours in, the new remixed soundtrack is nice can't wait hear more of the revised tunes.
That said i think i prefer the original music from Besaid Island.

FFX2 will be interesting as i've never played it before! Will be awhile before i start it though as I'm actually going to attempt to 100% FFX first. =P

Don't wait $59.95 is great value for 200+hrs of gameplay and FFX is one of the best JRPGs ever.

Really enjoying my replay of FFX about 4 hours in, the new remixed soundtrack is nice can't wait hear more of the revised tunes.

FFX2 will be interesting as i've never played it before! Will be awhile before i start it though as I'm actually going to attempt to 100% FFX first. =P

If you absolutely must try FFX-2 start the game then walk away for 30 minutes until the intro is finished

Horrible, horrible legacy. Pretend it doesn't exist.

FFX however was a masterpiece.

I read this on TV Tropes ...

This is starting to become a bit of the sentiment towards the HD edition (at least, in regards to the actual HD graphics). The backgrounds and FMVs look fine, fantastic even. But the regular cutscenes have managed to create worse lipsync than even the original version had due to the new faces. In addition, while the girls (save Yuna) generally look fine, the male party members' (save Auron) new face models come across as akin to rubber masks, with the common citing being Tidus having an overly round face now, and Wakka having a creepy Cheshire Cat-like grin whenever he speaks. There's also the fact that the majority of NPCs still use their original face models, so seeing a party member standing next to them in a conversation can be rather jarring. However, this mostly only applies to X, as X-2 had higher quality models to begin with and thus didn't see the need for redone faces. In the end though, Square can't really take too much blame, as the HD remastering process wasn't done in-house (like Kingdom Hearts HD Re MIX), but rather, outsourced to a Chinese company.

Exaggeration or sad truth?

Horrible, horrible legacy. Pretend it doesn't exist.

FFX however was a masterpiece.

Is it really that bad? Seems to have polarized audiences quite a bit.
Agreed on FFX about 7-8 hours in now, just get reunited with Auron. :)
Very close to FFVII as my favorite FF game.

It depends on your thoughts of FFX.

It has a decent enough combat system (it's essentially FFV on crack).

But the plot is an entire game of weird fan service. I dislike it on those grounds.

You know those classic movies that are all time greats and then Hollywood decides to remake them or force a sequel that never needed to happen? They then hire worse actors but try to jazz it up with special effects and a bigger budget, but the story line is completely forced and unnecessary and has lost all magic. Plus all the characters you want to return never do, or get crappy cameo roles while they give leading parts to annoying characters from the first movie and introduce new random characters with no link at all to the first.

FFX-2 is the gaming version of those bad movies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Highroad blows early on. I end up grinding so Yuna can win her summoner's battle too ...

Yeah it does lots of random battles! I'm trying my hand at the expert grid.
Sphere grid is so awesome! Every RPG should have it =P
Maybe getting game over wasn't such a bad thing now i can try Yuna summoner battle again as Ifrit owned me this time.

Probably will get a trophy for it.

You get a special sphere for it if I recall correctly.
Yeah it does lots of random battles! I'm trying my hand at the expert grid.
Sphere grid is so awesome! Every RPG should have it =P
Maybe getting game over wasn't such a bad thing now i can try Yuna summoner battle again as Ifrit owned me this time.

Probably will get a trophy for it.

EDIT: I recalled wrong. Echo Ring ...

First Aeon fight against Ifrit is very difficult

I think ive been playing this too much
Almost got all Celestial Weapons, just need to dodge 200 lightning bolts
In the mode of leveling up, using the various AP tricks out there and capturing monsters
Surprised I actually managed to beat the chocobo race in the calm lands with better than 0.0.0

First Aeon fight against Ifrit is very difficult

I think ive been playing this too much
Almost got all Celestial Weapons, just need to dodge 200 lightning bolts
In the mode of leveling up, using the various AP tricks out there and capturing monsters
Surprised I actually managed to beat the chocobo race in the calm lands with better than 0.0.0
Which characters did you use in your party?

I've been playing through a number of FF games of late (VII, VIII and IX and now X and then X-2). The PS1 games have aged much better IMO, obviously not in the graphics department, but the lack of voices means that the writing is not so obviously terrible. I'm enjoying X right now (after playing it the first time around a decade ago) but at times it is incredibly embarrassing and the voice work is simply dreadful. Based on the writing I would actually rate X below several JRPGs I've played this generation (including Lost Odyssey, Ni No Kuni and Tales of Versperia).

Playing through FFX has made it clear why JRPGs lost so much ground last generation. What works in a text only adventure can be simply dreadful when voices are used. It has definitely made me quite sour on the prospect that FFVII ever gets remade - they'll basically have to rewrite it from scratch if they want to make a good game.

Dang. After some thought I intended to delete that post because I still love Suikoden V, padding, ending fatigue and all after all these years. FFX has a simplicity that appeals to me as well and the voice acting is tolerable to me aside from 'that' scene ... and an odd moment when Tidus' VA talks too quickly to get the line out.

The story in this game ... well, the climax is a massive letdown. There is a point much earlier that I think we can all agree is where all the chips are down for the characters.

8 hours and i still can't get 0.00

305-gun-to-head.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back