Multiplat Final Fantasy XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly they should just scrap any relation to FFXIII now, a poorly-received title from 4 years ago. Though I imagine it's too far in development for that, or at least I hope so.

Still I'm sure they're about to move to PS4. Has a console title ever been in development throughout a consoles entire lifespan and missed it entirely? lol.

Honestly they should just scrap any relation to FFXIII now, a poorly-received title from 4 years ago. Though I imagine it's too far in development for that, or at least I hope so.

Still I'm sure they're about to move to PS4. Has a console title ever been in development throughout a consoles entire lifespan and missed it entirely? lol.

The closest I can think of was Too Human that started an N64 game or some s**t before turning into a 360 game.

Starcraft Ghost was in development for almost the entire Ps2 gen but was scrapped late in the gen

So this has been confirmed as FFXV?

explains why it took so long, It's also good for them to get out of that crappy FFXIII universe.

I don't think it really ever had anything to do with FFXIII aside from the name and being part of the same general series of games (Fabula Nova Crystalis).

Regardless, it's nice to get some proper gameplay footage of it and a overall update. Nomura said that we are to expect some more info in coming days so I'm hoping for a release date of sorts.

Also Dazb86, Versus was always meant to be more of an Action-RPG, initially in the mould of a darker Kingdom Hearts but the third person shooter elements are making me think Mass Effect. As long as I get to use Firaga and such magic then I should lap this up.

Confirmed for Xbox One also.

This was meant to be an exclusive...

At least there probably won't be the issues that FFXIII ran into with the 360 version resulting in the PS3 version also suffering.

Just as long as it has this music in it after you win a fight.

*I kind of stopped playing FF games after FFX-2. Once I saw monsters lurking areas and not being random battles I knew it was time to quit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also for anyone that hasn't seen it.

This was the video shown at Sony's E3 presentation.

This was then released later.

So versus XIII is now XV?

Looks like a more mature, fluent and all around awesome version of KH.

Do miss the style of the classics though. Wonder if we will ever see anything like them again? I guess the old turnbased/ATB style is seen as backward step in gaming.

Hopefully we can customize the AI and have the option of controlling what character we want.

Why do FF Games have a tradition of making their characters look like a bunch of NTTAWWTs?

Whatever happened to sensible character design?

* * * this looks sick sick sick!

Definitely my most anticipated game for PS4 atm.

Why do FF Games have a tradition of making their characters look like a bunch of NTTAWWTs?

What are you on about? FF has always had characters that have asian pop hairstyle (I'm assuming this is what you're referring to)

It's just a cultural thing. Effeminate, spiky haired guys built like a 12 year old boy who wield weapons twice their own height may look silly, but at least I can identify with it being so fantastical and unrealistic, compared to someone like Nathan Drake who looks and acts like the nicest guy you've ever met, until you realise that he slaughters hundred's of human beings for treasure and keeps a smile on his face the entire time.

Looks amazing if it's for a movie. We'll see how the game goes.

Looks really good!

Positive that they did slice in a few gameplay shots in that trailer.

Really hoping it's open world, I think the game could still be really good even if it's linear like the Last of Us, but it seems there's gonna be a fair bit of driving, so could be open world.

The graphics look amazing, but it might be the same with Watchdogs, where they dumb down the graphics because even the new consoles can't handle them.

When does this come out do you know? I will most likely buy a PS4 for this.

Awesome trailer! "It's been a long time coming.. Almost there.." Hype went into overload, I wonder if it'll definitely get a 2015 release?
Hopefully the hype is not real.

I can't remember the last time a game has ever met the expectations of the hype recently?

Watchdogs? Titanfall? Destiny? All failed miserably.

I can't remember if TLOU was hyped. I think it was.

Hopefully the hype is not real.

I can't remember the last time a game has ever met the expectations of the hype recently?

Watchdogs? Titanfall? Destiny? All failed miserably.

I can't remember if TLOU was hyped. I think it was.
I moreso meant my personal dormant hype as i've been waiting for this game for almost a decade since it was announced.

I know a lot of people have given up on Square for a number of reasons with some being more than fair but a handful of my favourite gaming experiences came from FFVII-XII, XIII & the 2 sequels not so much.

FFXV was always the game that would make or break my opinion on whether SE could still create good JRPG's & from what I see there i'm pleasantly surprised & hopeful it will be the great game i've waited so long for :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back