Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
geelong%20v%20hawthorn.png

AFL match page: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/24/haw-v-geel

Television: Live nationally on the Seven Network and Foxfooty.

Weather Forecast

melbweather1.png

#AFLHawksCats

2014 match highlights

Please note that this thread will be subject to heavy moderation.

Last edited:

How good are these games! As a pure footy fan, I very much enjoy watching these 2 in finals. Very hard to pick a winner. Hawks by about 4 points.

The gods are against us already, Can't believe the thread isn't Hawthorn vs Geelong lol. However, how good are the old badges, they look brilliant!

Sooooo we get the footy more, are more effective with it, win more clearnces, kick more goals, have less kicked against us and win more hit outs as well as have more inside 50s!! Surely this is a walk in the park :drunk::drunk:

Love the classic VFL logos. Much better than the current crap.

Looking forward to this one, should be closer than Round 22, but assuming Lake gets up I'm tipping a Hawks win - 10 points

Love the classic VFL logos. Much better than the current crap.

Looking forward to this one, should be closer than Round 22, but assuming Lake gets up I'm tipping a Hawks win - 10 points

This is the thing. With the amount of footy that Hawkins gets kicked to him, if Lake doesn't get up he could kick 10.

This is the thing. With the amount of footy that Hawkins gets kicked to him, if Lake doesn't get up he could kick 10.

That being said, if Lake does miss with injury then put your faith in Spangher to do the job.

It does help that Geelong don't have a 2nd forward option, it will allow Gibson to do his thing more effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong Ins: StevieJ, Motlop, Christensen, McIntosh
Geelong Outs: McCarthy, Smedts, are locks to be cut.

Brown/Walker/Kersten all vying for the CHF option and it's a tight call, each have pros & cons. I'd probably go with Walker at this stage.

Thurlow versus Horlin-Smith is another consideration the selectors will grapple with. Young Thurlow has played very well since coming back into the side, while GHS is struggling with form at the moment. My feeling is GHS will get the nod.

Only if we play Shoenmakers on him. Shoey can't handle him so I would rather try Spang.
Not sure if Schoenmakers will get a game. If lake is fit and we go with Schoenmakers, Spangher and lake as talls we might see Gibson playing a rebounding defender role like he did against Collingwood (36 possessions or something - did pretty well).

Not sure if Schoenmakers will get a game. If lake is fit and we go with Schoenmakers, Spangher and lake as talls we might see Gibson playing a rebounding defender role like he did against Collingwood (36 possessions or something - did pretty well).

Yeah I'm not sure he will either. I much rather he play forward but unfortunately for him there is limited room for him there. Perhaps start Spangher on him and if need be, move Gibson on to him. I just worry Gibson is giving away too much size.

*edit: That's if Lake is out.

Lake vs Hawkins
Spangher vs Walker/Brown
Gibson vs Johnson
Hodge vs Bartel
Birchall vs Murdoch
Stratton vs Varcoe

Ceglar vs McIntosh
Smith vs Duncan
Hill vs Motlop
Langford vs Selwood
Mitchell vs Guthrie