Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: North Melbourne v Essendon, Sat Sept 6th 7.15pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely think the Bombers have looked tired over the last month.

Not resting players in the final round, on a warm day, in a game that went right down to the wire, may count against them.

I hope anyway.
But they had more of a contest attuned to finals footy, so we'll have to find out the hard and anxious way.

But they had more of a contest attuned to finals footy, so we'll have to find out the hard and anxious way.

If our blokes aren't 110% up for this final and ready to run through a brick wall from the opening bounce they should never play for North again.

As such, any complacency from our end (or the Bombers end) should be a non factor.

If our blokes aren't 110% up for this final and ready to run through a brick wall from the opening bounce they should never play for North again.

As such, any complacency from our end (or the Bombers end) should be a non factor.
I'm surprisingly confident about the attitude from the boys, l think the young fellas will stand up, i.e. Cunners, Swallow and Ziebell. They were breed for finals footy.

Too close to call.

If Boomer Harvey and Daniel Wells was playing, I would of tipped the Roos. But because they are out, I am not so sure.
Boomer is playing. In the no.40 jumper to celebrate 40 years of Mazda in Australia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a heavy Essendon flavour to the crowd based on ticket sales so far. No surprise I guess at that.

Only real question mark for Essendon now is the fitness of Baguley, who could be good to have to play on Thomas.

Quite a few North supporters could only buy Essendon tickets this morning, but still. We'd certainly expect to be well outnumbered. (Not that it makes any difference on the field, or we wouldn't be playing finals at all.)

I have no idea who will win and it is so unpredictable that either team could win by 10 goals. I'd guess that it will be a low scoring affair and certainly not a pretty one.

Harvey is out for North, Carlisle for Bombers.
Who do you guys think is more important for their teams chances?

Harvey is still North's best player and arguably one of the most underrated players in the competition. He is a huge loss.

Carlisle has had two great games - one of which was exceptional - but he has straightened Essendon up over the second half of the season. Harvey is clearly the biggest loss but Carlisle leaves the Bombers undermanned up forward, which is hardly ideal given our limited forward stocks right now.

Ryder v Goldstein will be interesting. I think Goldstein's better in the ruck and defensively while Ryder is clearly the better forward.

Carlisle was never in to begin with so really both sides would have prepared for that to happen and hence there wouldn't be much impact.

I think I know what you mean but it must be recognised as a negative impact on potential performance, much in the same way that Harvey and probably Hansen missing for North will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back