Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: Port Adelaide v Richmond, 2.45pm, Sun Sept 7th, Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think Gordon's run will be to influential, we shouldn't drop him.

Considering Hardwick subbed Petterd I wouldn't be suprised if he was the one dropped.

Jesus a lot of whiny port supporters on here. We get it, its your home game and the AFL are stupid we all know that but just give it a rest. Whinging and complaining to anonymous tiger fans on the internet isn't gonna get you anywhere. Go tigers.

Not that I disagree but let's not pretend there wasn't a large element of pissed off Freo supporters last year when we had to wear the clash jumper in the GF. Port fans will quickly get over it I'm sure.

Wouldn't be surprised if Wingard kicked a bag, the only chance we have is for Deledio and Griffiths to kick 3 or 4 each.
Grimes kept him to 1 goal last time and every game since has improved out of sight. He is starting to look like the player we hoped for before he was cut down with injury. He is in top form at the moment (along with Chaplin and Rance)

there will be a fair bit of interest around this game, I know I'll be tuning in. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I do think Port will romp it in, but if Richmond do win I'll be more than happy to show up and take my licks, of which there'll be plenty no doubt!

Agreed.
Was a massive effort to get up against Sydney on Saturday night. Reckon they played their elimination last week.
This will be the blowout of the weekend.

I actually think the whole jumper debacle will make the Port crowd even louder and more hostile. The atmosphere of this game will be electric. How many Richmond fans on here are heading over for the game? If you get here Saturday, there are SANFL finals on at the Oval if you want a sneak peak of the ground (and some parochial local footy crowds).

there will be a fair bit of interest around this game, I know I'll be tuning in. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I do think Port will romp it in, but if Richmond do win I'll be more than happy to show up and take my licks, of which there'll be plenty no doubt!

No offence mate, but I'd be licking Roseanne Barr before I licked you

*and yes, I'd be committing suicide shortly after, but its still preferable to you :p

I actually think the whole jumper debacle will make the Port crowd even louder and more hostile. The atmosphere of this game will be electric. How many Richmond fans on here are heading over for the game? If you get here Saturday, there are SANFL finals on at the Oval if you want a sneak peak of the ground (and some parochial local footy crowds).

our allocation was 8k, and last I heard early in the arvo 6k were gone

not sure what it was at days end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to believe Richmond got 8th spot after being equal last with 3 wins and 10 losses. Hell 10 weeks ago, some people said it would be justifiable to sack hardwick.

Tregrove is a big in for Port, that is one reason that will get Port over the line. Another reason is I have this gut feeling either Gray or Wingard will rip this game open with 4 2nd half goals. Just like Ballantyne did to Port a few weeks back.

It would be crazy if Richmond make the grand final from here.

Agreed.
Was a massive effort to get up against Sydney on Saturday night. Reckon they played their elimination last week.
This will be the blowout of the weekend.

It will be close,

we're not Carlton.

Port are our bunnies. They'll have to play a ripper to beat us.

Round 14 2014
Richmond 126; Port Adelaide 106 (Melbourne)

Round 7 2013
Richmond 114; Port Adelaide 73 (Adelaide)

Round 23 2012
Richmond 106; Port Adelaide 106 (Melbourne)

Round 6 2012
Richmond 91; Port Adelaide 54 (Adelaide)

Our record in Adelaide since 2012?

3-1

Pretty good.

It will be close,

we're not Carlton.

Port are our bunnies. They'll have to play a ripper to beat us.

Round 14 2014
Richmond 126; Port Adelaide 106 (Melbourne)

Round 7 2013
Richmond 114; Port Adelaide 73 (Adelaide)

Round 23 2012
Richmond 106; Port Adelaide 106 (Melbourne)

Round 6 2012
Richmond 91; Port Adelaide 54 (Adelaide)

Our record in Adelaide since 2012?

3-1

Pretty good.
Worst loss was Cuzzez last game, gutted that day but i have never heard noise like it in the last quarter. Best bit was when Port were trying to sing their crappy song and we drowned it out with our own accapella version.

Not that I disagree but let's not pretend there wasn't a large element of pissed off Freo supporters last year when we had to wear the clash jumper in the GF. Port fans will quickly get over it I'm sure.
We chose to wear the white so I don't think anyone would have been complaining. I agree it's stupid and an absolute farce but the amount of whinging is OTT.

Hope this jumper fiasco doesn't have an impact on the way we play, although our players will be very unfamiliar with wearing white at a home game. I expect we'll train with it, & we'll treat it like every other home game. And in the event that we win, our players could always change into the home strip before singing the club song.

Port really stretched Freo in clearances and run in transition via handballs for much of the game. That said Richmond play a very similar game.
Really it is a pity neither of these teams are going to play Hawthorn unless they can make the GF because it is the type of gameplan that I think Hawthorn struggle the most with (provided you can manage not to turn it over).

Early on one of the most damaging players with his pace and evasiveness was little Neade - they were unlucky not to convert more of their chances that he generated for them. One of the fastest players out of a pack going around, has it on both Hill brothers, Rioli and Jetta I reckon over the first 10 m and ability to dodge at speed. Tigers - who goes to him?

The other finals have seen no movement in the betting but this game has...Port odds getting shorter....clearly more people think Port will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back