Preview Finals 2014 Discussion: Port Adelaide v Richmond, 2.45pm, Sun Sept 7th, Adelaide Oval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
portvrichmond.png

AFL match page: http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2014/24/port-v-rich

Weather Forecast

adlweather.png

#AFLPortTigers

2014 Highlights

Please note that this thread will be subject to heavy moderation.

Last edited:
Now that Richmond have gone back to our previous gamestyle we match up pretty well against Port as they play a similar style.

I feel that we should able to keep Ports talls in Schulz and Westoff in check- Rance, Chaplin and even Grimes are in great form ATM. Our Achilles heel is the likes of Gray, Monfries and Wingard. Watching Morris defend gives me heartburn.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Wouldn't be surprised if Wingard kicked a bag, the only chance we have is for Deledio and Griffiths to kick 3 or 4 each.

I'm pretty confident given our away form, our win over Adelaide not too long at Adelaide Oval and our recent record over Port - the big worry for me (somewhat highlighted on the weekend) is how we deal with the speed demons (Matty White, Wingard etc) - Rohan and Jetta's pace at times looked like it opened up our midfield and I'd be pretty worried if Port were moving the ball towards the goal at speed...Outside of Morris, I don't think we really have any run with/lock down players with the leg speed to go with those kinds of guys.

Thankfully we have an 8 day break (similar to Port) - I think we had a exhausted players after the Sydney game.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I wonder if the Port players still remember Chaplin's goal celebrations from the last game
You can be sure the tiger players remember boak's comment after the game... might come back to bite him.
if you have players that need extra motivation for a final you might as well just call the game lost

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
if you have players that need extra motivation for a final you might as well just call the game lost
Sure the players will be motivated enough however when the captain of the team you are playing says a smartarse comment the last time you beat them, you think it won't be brought up this week at all?

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Sure the players will be motivated enough however when the captain of the team you are playing says a smartarse comment the last time you beat them, you think it won't be brought up this week at all?
why would it? it can go two ways:
1 - motivates the players more, which as per my first post means you have a problem anyway
2 - distracts players from the task at hand by taking the focus off playing footy to "squaring up"

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
No more of a smart ass that chaplin was during the game
sorry didn't know celebrating kicking the winning goal was bad sportmanship... I loved what chaplin did and I'd love to see him do it again this sunday. Thats passion during a game.

What boak did was after the game, midweek, when the dust had settled and he could process exactly what he was saying.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
sorry didn't know celebrating kicking the winning goal was bad sportmanship... I loved what chaplin did and I'd love to see him do it again this sunday. Thats passion during a game.

What boak did was after the game, midweek, when the dust had settled and he could process exactly what he was saying.

Excessive celebration for sure. everyone celebrates a goal but not like that.
I loved the response from boaky. he left to play finals.. since leaving hes played what 1? a losing final?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I loved the response from boaky. he left to play finals.. since leaving hes played what 1? a losing final?

Maybe he thought the port players were just a bunch of s**t blokes and adelaide was a shithole but he didn't want to hurt their feelings?
It would be sweet for him to knock you blokes out in a final this week though wouldn't it? Aeroplane spins all round i reckon...

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond

One final in one year. Two would have been expected, but not that far off. Will play at least one final again this year. Then has two more years to run on his contract.

As for Chaplin's celebrations we don't know what was said on the field. If there was anything similar to what Boak said post-match then can you blame him for carrying on a little excessively.

Regardless, I hope they all keep it civil on Sunday - gracious in victory and defeat.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One final in one year. Two would have been expected, but not that far off. Will play at least one final again this year. Then has two more years to run on his contract.

As for Chaplin's celebrations we don't know what was said on the field. If there was anything similar to what Boak said post-match then can you blame him for carrying on a little excessively.

Regardless, I hope they all keep it civil on Sunday - gracious in victory and defeat.

Yer thats very true

no matter what, will be a cracker!

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe he thought the port players were just a bunch of s**t blokes and adelaide was a shithole but he didn't want to hurt their feelings?
It would be sweet for him to knock you blokes out in a final this week though wouldn't it? Aeroplane spins all round i reckon...

and on the flip side, maybe hes just a s**t bloke that couldnt hack the tough times? esecially after what hes said on radio and what not.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
and on the flip side, maybe hes just a s**t bloke that couldnt hack the tough times? esecially after what hes said on radio and what not.
maybe but who cares why he left, for the port players to still hang onto it is a bit sad. The bloke left, move on.
Anyway sets it up nicely this week, all the pressure on the power at the portress. Wouldn't want to get eliminated by a team who were equal bottom when you were a game clear on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back