motr

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
If we want to play finals we have to make some hard decisions. Fast tracking Reid and Cloke are two such decisions.

Finals are not out of the question.

Reid should play this week regardless, a soft tissue injury will happen in seniors or reserves. If he feels he is right, play him.

If Reid does play no need to rush Cloke, don't want him having recurring calf injuries.

I can see a Reid, White, Moore forward line functioning pretty well with Fas and Elliott.

I think we will miss out and finish 11th with Adelaide to finish 9th just missing by percentage.

13 wins will get us finals meaning winning all 5 remaining games from here. 12 + a good % can get us there but the Cats & Crows 2pts looks like it will cost us there.
As long as we beat Blues & Dons & put in good efforts against the rest, I'll be happy. Looking forward to 2016.

I've got us playing finals and still losing to Sydney thanks to our good %

I just did the ladder predictor, and even if we beat every team except Sydney for the rest of the year we still finish 1 game outside the 8

And I think it's pretty unlikely we beat Richmond and Geelong, 1 of them maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong. We can lose one and results go our way we can still make it. We had this same discussion in another thread but you didn't listen.

What Results would have to go our Way?

Plus IF we flucked it and made the Finals. We would get Smashed in the EF

Sadly, I don't think making finals is a possibility on exposed recent form.

It could get really ugly against the Swans at the SCG. It could also get really ugly against the Cats and the Tigers.

I don't even want to comprehend how ugly it could get if we lose to Carlton and Essendon o_O

I don't see finals as the end game this year no pun intended. We need to continue to build and be competitive and get games into the kids. I want Marsh to debut this week, and also want to see BenKen play a few more games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we are good enough we will make it.

Cloke, Reid and a Elliot will make us a 10 goal better side.

Would like to see sinkers and marsh play for some blistering speed which we lack.

Also would like to see PK and Blair play. Blair for his tenacity and PK for his creativity.

Would also like to see our midfield gel. Pendles coming off a stinker will absolutely dominate - i think he's carrying something and has been most of the year.

I'd even bring back white and let witts have a rest for a few weeks.

On white, I'd use him as a mid. Maybe he's a small man trapped in a big mans body.

What Results would have to go our Way?

Plus IF we flucked it and made the Finals. We would get Smashed in the EF

North, Geelong, Giants and Adelaide not winning games they shouldn't. If the unlikely happens our percentage could be the difference. But as you said, it's not going to happen because we're not going to beat Sydney or Richmond in the form we're in let alone Geelong.

Last edited:
I don't see finals as the end game this year no pun intended. We need to continue to build and be competitive and get games into the kids. I want Marsh to debut this week, and also want to see BenKen play a few more games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree on Kennedy, has to come back into the team after 31 disposals (20 contested). Not sure about his efficiency though.

Also agree on Marsh, certainly is time for him to debut. Racked up 20 disposals in defence and 11 marks at Williamstown. Plus he ran at 95% disposal efficiency which is my biggest concern for Marsh and is no mean feat considering how windswept that oval is.

Finals were gone when Clokey went down. It's all about development and trying to snag a few wins now.

Lol get real, we are not playing finals this year.

Won't even win more than 2 of our last 5.

We should Beat Blues and Dees. IF we play well we could maybe Beat the Cats. Tigers and Swans are marked as Losses

Back