• Development

Votes: 39 73.6%
  • Finals

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IF we can get back into Form I won’t rule out us Beating the Cats

Perhaps, but we can only afford one more loss if we want to make finals.

It aint happenin this year

All depends on the Sydney Richmond games.

This Week- Carlton, We Should win, no way in hell we will drop this game and could be a bit of a kick starter.

Round 20- Sydney, fair chance i reckon, Cloke may come back and White must play, if that is not motivation enough against his old side then he may as well pack it in now.
Will be a hard tough contested game as always, pace won't come into it on the SCG, both midfield's are one paced It will be a matter of whether we can take advantage of the fact Sydney can be very shaky in defence and imperative that we get back and clog the hell out of their forward line.
We do go ok up there and win wouldn't surprise.

Round 21 Richmond- Now this is the one, should have won last time but now they are a 3 goal better side while we are a 4 goal worse side, could get ugly if we keep going the way we are, Cloke is the key here, if he plays (I have heard his injury is worse than we are letting on) Has a habit of really putting Richmond to the sword.
Richmond now resemble Hawthorn in style, Last time they started going long and played into our hands, then for the next 3 quarters they chipped their way up and around the ground then looked in board while we allowed it be playing a bloody zone guarding space, when will we learn to play different sides in a different manner?
I doubt a win here but not impossible, lets hope Richmond win the next 2 and come out flat in this game, seriously has any good team had an off day against us this year?

Round 22 Geelong- I am quite confident here, I Don't rate Geelong any more, maybe that's a bit silly but with both teams at their best i reckon we win these days.
This game comes down to one thing Pace, We must pick a quick side, One ruck, Sinclair in and Seedsman in, Kennedy in, If we pick a slowish team then they move the ball better and faster by hand and foot and cut us up, we need to run run run and expose them for their lack of speed, very winnable game.

Round 23 Essendon- Will win this game no excuses here at all.

In all we are a very very slim chance to make the 8, however funny things can happen towards the end of the year and 4 wins may get us in, realistically this is the best we can hope for but my gut feel is that the split game with Adelaide and Geelong will end up costing us should we win the 4 out of the 5 games.
However 2 wins or less should be considered unacceptable and real questions will need to be asked.

We should have both, playing finals as a part of our development. Instead, we've failed this year to reach the expected goal of playing finals. Not that Buckley's to blame of course.

Expected by who? If it was part of your expectations before the season began, then it was unrealistic and unlikely according to most other observers of the game. If you're talking about expectations which popped up when we were 8-3, then maybe we got ahead of ourselves. And no, that isn't really Buckley's fault.

Expected by who? If it was part of your expectations before the season began, then it was unrealistic and unlikely according to most other observers of the game. If you're talking about expectations which popped up when we were 8-3, then maybe we got ahead of ourselves. And no, that isn't really Buckley's fault.

The club expected to play finals…..been said publicly. At 8-3, it should have been a formality.

The club expected to play finals…..been said publicly. At 8-3, it should have been a formality.

Besides Pert's demented ramblings that a premiership is just around the corner, and the club's non-committal statements to 'not put a ceiling' on where the playing group might end up, I can't recall a concrete statement that the club expected to play finals. But then, they'd be crazy to say we wouldn't make finals, wouldn't they?

But that's not really my point. Whatever PR the club may or may not have popped out with at the start of the season, most realistic and objective (i.e. beyond the club) assessments put us well outside the 8. At 8-3 we all got pretty excited that the good days were here before schedule, and then we copped a reality check. Anyone who thinks/thought that finals are a 'formality' halfway through the season is kidding themselves, especially given the young list we've got.

we are still I bit of a chance at finals. the problem is adelaide and geelong who had the draw, if they can get out of our way and we obviously win some games we can be there in the finals.

the funny thing is port are on the same amount of points than us and less percentage but all the media is going on how port's finals chances are still alive where as the media and people on here are like collingwood need to prepare for next year, no chance of finals. but port have to play bulldogs this week as well as Hawhorn and freo. who to get to 12 wins will have to beat at least 2 of these.

so I'd say we're more of a chance at finals than port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be too surprised if we lost every game from here. Finals isn't happening. They cost themselves that in the last six weeks. We only needed to scrape two wins to be a shot.

We will win 2 more games, finish 11th or 12th.

I did a ladder predictor today had us 11th beating Blues and Essendon

Freo
WC
Hawthorn
Sydney
North
Richmond
Bulldogs
Geelong

Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Collingwood

I did a predictor and has us missing depending on other results even if we win all 5. Tough ask for finals now.

We need some good wins though in the next few weeks. If we played near our top 4-5 wins is possible. If we were only towin 2 more would have us about 11th and only 10 wins for the season with a 2-9 result in the 2nd half of the season. That would put big pressure on Buckley and the team. yes we are young but you can only go backwards for so long. 3 wins in the next 5 and some solid performances is a minimum ask.

Need 13 wins to make the finals and I don't think we are capable of winning more than two.

So no I think we are no chance to play finals this season.

As good and as beneficial as playing finals football would be, i think our absolute priority right now should be ruining Richmonds chances of finishing in the top 4 :p

So you're saying if we don't lose another game we win the flag :thumbsu:

We could finish 12th

Ok 11 or 12th seems to be consensus. Club goes backwards for the 4th year in a row and 4th under bucks.
Despite a young list what if any changes will be made. I think there are still question marks on the quality of our youth, so the question to ask is are we deluding ourselves about where we might be over next few years?

Back