Finals coverage

Sep 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yep always on Channel 7 unfortunautely which means a couple of things.

It means I'm going to have to start drinking 2 hours before any match that Tom Harley commentates in. Secondly, its probably going to cause a knock on my front door from neighbours due to profanities coming out my mouth abusing Harley for his insipid, boring dull commnetary. And lastly, I hope I don't throw my emptys into the TV such is the frustrating nature of his voice and general face.

Ths same applies for McLachlan and Zempalis on a lesser scale.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
If we get the Saturday arvo game, I'll be muting the tv.

Remember we got Adelaide on Sat Arvo in 2012 , with bignose and rompingwins commentating. Those two flogs almost ruined a superb win. Freo fans got a simular treatment last season.

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you asked the * heads at channel 7 responsible for the quality of the coverage they probably would say "there is little to no difference between SD and HD." :rolleyes:

If it weren't for Fox Footy HD upscaling the crappy SD picture, the broadcasts would be unbearable on big screens.

laurie

Senior List
Sep 11, 2011
ACT
AFL Club
GWS
Are all finals channel 7 games? Meaning they will be shot and shown in glorious SD? With channel 7 commentators?

People still get it wrong? its shot in HD and shown in SD if you want proof watch 7Mate Friday night like me in Sydney its in HD then Brucey say's to switch to Seven if you are in so & so THEN WHAM!!!! the switch is turned off and back to SD for the game and the promo "The Boys Are Back"

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
People still get it wrong? its shot in HD and shown in SD if you want proof watch 7Mate Friday night like me in Sydney its in HD then Brucey say's to switch to Seven if you are in so & so THEN WHAM!!!! the switch is turned off and back to SD for the game and the promo "The Boys Are Back"
Even though the channel 7 cameras are "HD" and even though the pre-game show on Friday nights is shown on 7mate which is a HD channel, the quality still doesn't exactly look high definition. It looks to me like upscaled SD.

I have Foxtel in HD, and to me there is a big difference.

laurie

Senior List
Sep 11, 2011
ACT
AFL Club
GWS
Even though the channel 7 cameras are "HD" and even though the pre-game show on Friday nights is shown on 7mate which is a HD channel, the quality still doesn't exactly look high definition. It looks to me like upscaled SD.

I have Foxtel in HD, and to me there is a big difference.
Geeeessss listen to the head of Ten Sport where he says like I have been saying IT'S DONE IN HD repeat DONE IN HD!!!

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Geeeessss listen to the head of Ten Sport where he says like I have been saying IT'S DONE IN HD repeat DONE IN HD!!!

How old is that? That's Channel 10's head of sport! WTF would he know about 7's coverage?

On any Saturday night or Sunday arvo you can flick between Foxtel-produced games and 7-produced games - you can see from the naked friggen eye that 7's coverage isn't done in HD. It's mind-blowing that you're being so ridiculously indignant when you're wrong!

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2012/09/foxtel-fesses-up-on-pseudo-hd-sport/

The five matches Foxtel films itself are actually in native HD (1920 by 1080i), but matches sourced from Seven are filmed at a lower quality and up-converted.

(This article is nearly 2 years old, but nothing has changed)

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
How old is that? That's Channel 10's head of sport! WTF would he know about 7's coverage?

On any Saturday night or Sunday arvo you can flick between Foxtel-produced games and 7-produced games - you can see from the naked friggen eye that 7's coverage isn't done in HD.

That article says that Foxtel were supposedly pinged by the ACCC for being misleading about the broadcasts. Why then does it still say "HD" up in the corner when they are showing one of their dodgy Ch7 upconverts? They regularly talk up HD in their promos still as well.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
That article says that Foxtel were supposedly pinged by the ACCC for being misleading about the broadcasts. Why then does it still say "HD" up in the corner when they are showing one of their dodgy Ch7 upconverts? They regularly talk up HD in their promos still as well.

I think it was the wording of "Full HD" vs "HD" that had the ACCC pursuing Foxtel.

Sep 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
What kind of muppets are we looking at listening to this weekend - line ups could look a little something like this... Saturday Arvo and Night footy is going to be tough on the ears.

Haw v Geel : Bruce, Dennis, Leigh, Richo, Carey, Lingy
Syd v Freo: Hamish & Basil (Dumb & Dumber), Jude Bolton - who will be special comments here?
NM v Ess: BT, Darcy, Richo, Lingy
Port v Rich: Bruce, Dennis, Leigh, Lingy

BigRough

Club Legend
Jun 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wellington Phoenix, Blackcaps
I think we've reached a new level of ridiculous when I can sit here and watch Alistair Lynch interview Brendan Bolton at the MCG before tonight's game in HD and then the actual game be in shitty upscaled SD.

Beetlebum

Premiership Player
Jul 13, 2011
Formerly Row UU Block 113.
AFL Club
Fremantle
What kind of muppets are we looking at listening to this weekend - line ups could look a little something like this... Saturday Arvo and Night footy is going to be tough on the ears.

Syd v Freo: Hamish & Basil (Dumb & Dumber), Jude Bolton - who will be special comments here?

Best way for Freo and Swans fans to sort that out, aside from going to the game is the glory of the mute button.

Back