Finals schedule week one

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday Night - 2nd Qualifying Final: Hawthorn V Geelong Cats @MCG 7:50pm
Saturday - 1st Qualifying Final: Sydney Swans V Fremantle @ANZ 2:45pm
Saturday Night - 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne V Essendon @MCG 7:15pm
Sunday - 1st Elimination Final: Port Adelaide V Richmond @AO - 3:20pm

Probably sounds dumb but shouldn't the Sydney/Fro game be on a Friday night as Sydney finished 1st and probably more importantly it means both teams are even in that both teams have the 6 day break. If the Hawks/Cats played on Friday then only the cats will have the 6 day break while Hawthorn will have 7 days.

No way

When you can get 90,000 people to hawks v Geelong game at the MCG why would you start the finals with a 40,000 final

The afl will want to maximise dollars .......

Plus this leaves freo with two six days breaks in a row

Play Saturday arvo for freo v swans ....2.10 start ....est

Plus freo will get 2000 fans come over .......they would want it to be Saturday arvo ...so they can travel back Sunday ......

Play port on Saturday night in front of 52,000

With all due respect the game of least interest is north v Esendon so play that Sunday 2.10 start at the MCG

Plus the afl prefers the two MCG finals to be spread as far apart as possible ...that's why we will see Friday night hawks v Geelong then Sunday for ese v north

I think

Friday night Geelong v hawks at g

They could get 85,000 -90,000

Saturday arvo at ANZ ....will get 40,000 if they are lucky but at night they would get less in Sydney

Saturday night port tv tigers will sell out with 52,000 showing up .....sell out

Sunday MCG ...Essendon v north at g .....hmm 60,000 maybe 65k

I think the afl will want to maximise attendance and this schedule will archive that ....it's about money as well as fairness
Boy you don't get much right do you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't help but feel port are getting shafted. They finish 5th, yet only have a six day break if they win against Richmond. Why wouldn't they get the sat night at the newest stadium in he country?

This is a bad sign for the fixture next year, SA footy will cop Sundays every week

Because they want the loser to have a longer break than the winner of North v Bombers

That makes a certain logic, but at the same time, Geelong is the only team in the top 8 to get a six day break first week of the finals. Just seems, strange to me that a team that finished third would be disadvantaged like that.

I can't help but feel port are getting shafted. They finish 5th, yet only have a six day break if they win against Richmond. Why wouldn't they get the sat night at the newest stadium in he country?

This is a bad sign for the fixture next year, SA footy will cop Sundays every week
I think there will be a public outcry if this happens... Would be a absolute joke

Beautiful, game of the round on Saturday night

tumblr_m41hv3AmEz1r3i126o1_250.gif

That makes a certain logic, but at the same time, Geelong is the only team in the top 8 to get a six day break first week of the finals. Just seems, strange to me that a team that finished third would be disadvantaged like that.
The number of days break doesn't matter, it is the difference between you and your opponent that counts and the Cats will have 1 day less than the Hawks no matter when they play the game. There is nothing magic about the number 6, or 7 for that matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back