Finals schedule week one

Remove this Banner Ad

Long explanation of why Port Adelaide must play Richmond on Sunday, not 'North Melbourne V Essendon'.

Working backwards, assuming higher ranked teams win.

Grand Final
Saturday, 27th of September 2014: 2:30pm @MCG
1st V 2nd. (1st: 8 day break V 2nd: 7 day break)
------------------------------------------------
1st Preliminary Final
Friday, 19th of September 2014: TBA
1st V 3rd. (1st: 13 day break V 3rd: 7 day break)

2nd Preliminary Final
Saturday, 20th of September 2014: TBA @MCG
2nd V 4th. (2nd: 15 day break V 4th: 7 day break)
-------------------------------------------------
2nd Semi Final
Friday, 12th of September 2014: TBA @MCG
3rd V 6th. (3rd: 7 day break V 6th: 6 day break)

1st Semi Final
Saturday, 13th of September 2014: TBA
4th V 5th. (4th: 7 day break V 5th: 6 day break)
------------------------------------------------
2nd Qualifying Final
Friday, 5th of September 2014: 7:50pm @MCG
Hawthorn 2nd V Geelong Cats 3rd. (Hawthorn 2nd: 7 day break V Geelong Cats 3rd: 6 day break)

1st Qualifying Final
Saturday, 6th of September 2014: 2:45pm @ANZ
Sydney Swans 1st V Fremantle 4th. (Sydney Swans 1st: 7 day break V Fremantle 4th: 7 day break)

2nd Elimination Final
Saturday, 6th of September 2014: 7:15pm @MCG
North Melbourne 6th V Essendon 7th. (North Melbourne 6th: 7 day break V Essendon 7th: 7 day break)

1st Elimination Final
Sunday, 7th of September 2014: 3:20pm @AO
Port Adelaide 5th V Richmond 8th. (Port Adelaide 5th: 8 day break V Richmond 8th: 8 day break)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port won't get a 6-day turnaround if Freo lose in Sydney.

Subi Oval is booked out with the rugby on Saturday night, so if Freo need to host a semi-final it will be Sunday afternoon. Thus Port will get a 7 day break if they have to travel to Perth. If they have to travel to Sydney I'm not sure what day it will be.
Please win, would lol if Sydney had to play at ANZ 3 weeks in a row.

Port fans don't want to have their team play on Sunday, so we will give them Saturday night instead for a perfect 7 day break.

And really, it must be a bit tough to come up against the Tigers, who have won their last 9 and haven't lost to Port since 2011. So they can play the Demons instead.

And well, it must be tough to play if it's sunny or a bit wet, so we might just call it a day and Port can advance through to the semi finals?

Ok sounds good.

I got two right

Which is all you can get besides four.....um and your point is

I hit first two right and the other two port v tigers and Ess v north were swapped ...and your point is

The steroid injectors play Saturday night ...they get rewarded with Saturday night game after they cheated for two seasons .....your lucky Andy Demetriou has retired ...
This post is so riddled with stupidity I don't even know where to begin.

Because the government built a big staduim that never gets filled and is losing money everyday ....

Other than that I don't know

what? ANZ makes tons of money, hell they are talking uabout making it bigger.
it might be a shithole but in rakes in the $$$

we play there because the AFL want's crowd figures high for finals.

Oh well, I guess Port needs to accept that they have to finish top maybe 6 or 7 years in a row, or relocate to Melbourne, before they get some level of good timeslots from the AFL.
Maybe some common sense was needed. Ie Port finish 5th, and if they win (I say IF, Tiger fans, don't get upset, you'll make for one hell of a game!) then we get to travel to either Syd or Perth on a 6 day break, after just having come back from Perth. Whereas both North and Essendon got to play in Melbourne this week, play in Melbourne next week, and the winner plays against Hawthorn/Geelong in Melbourne the week after.
So sure, give Port the rough end of the stick. I shouldn't expect anything less. And if we lose to the tigers, then it won't matter. So that's the important thing I guess.
[/rant]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to the above, if I read it correctly, North/Essendon can now make a run at an unlikely flag without leaving Melbourne?

what? ANZ makes tons of money, hell they are talking uabout making it bigger.
it might be a shithole but in rakes in the $$$

we play there because the AFL want's crowd figures high for finals.

It's the nsw govt's stadium strategy. They will be investing in the Olympic Stadium, Football Stadium, and Parramatta Stadium too.

Theyre not making it bigger. They're just going to put a pointless roof on it, but leave everything that makes it s**t as it is.

It's the nsw govt's stadium strategy. They will be investing in the Olympic Stadium, Football Stadium, and Parramatta Stadium too.

Theyre not making it bigger. They're just going to put a pointless roof on it, but leave everything that makes it s**t as it is.

last report i heard they want 100K....... you know for that one time every 9 years NSW wins origin.

How have Port been shafted?

5 vs 8 has been the Sunday game for a while now. Considering that Syd/Fre finished higher, it's expected that Port/Rich would have the 6 day break, just like North/Ess would have a 6 day break vs Haw/Geel.
The only way Port/Rich would have the Saturday night game is if Syd/Fre was the Friday Night game.

How have Port been shafted?

5 vs 8 has been the Sunday game for a while now. Considering that Syd/Fre finished higher, it's expected that Port/Rich would have the 6 day break, just like North/Ess would have a 6 day break vs Haw/Geel.
The only way Port/Rich would have the Saturday night game is if Syd/Fre was the Friday Night game.

I see you're still new here, everything that happens in footy is a conspiracy against north.
Welcome to bigfooty, the only place where you will hear people empathically argue that pickin was staging when boomer judeo flipped then punched and choked the s**t out of him. (oh yes you read that right, before the camera switches to the side on shot you can see boomers left arm swinging)

I see you're still new here, everything that happens in footy is a conspiracy against north.
Welcome to bigfooty, the only place where you will hear people empathically argue that pickin was staging when boomer judeo flipped then punched and choked the s**t out of him. (oh yes you read that right, before the camera switches to the side on shot you can see boomers left arm swinging)
When did this become about North?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back