Preview Finals schedule

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it'll go something like this if remaining games go according to 'plan'.....

Haw v Gee - friday night, TV blockbuster etc.

Syd v Freo - sat arvo/twilight, lets Freo catch an earlier flight home the same night.

NM v *ess - sat night, better for TV.

PA v WC - sun arvo/twilight.

This schedule gives every team at least a minimum 6 day break.
I'm not really keen for us to play a sunday final, being fathers day.

I heard Julian de Stoop saying we would be at the MCG for our first final?

How does he know is this correct?

Cats Hawks will be there Fri night

Looks like there will be 2 finals between two Victorian teams and 2 finals between non-Victorian teams. Hawthorn and Geelong will get the Friday night so us and * will probably get Saturday night at the MCG to maximise the TV audience on Channel 7 into Melbourne.

"Say that again"

North Melbourne v * on Saturday night at the MCG on Channel 7.

"Wowee. Boy oh boy!!"

I really don't want the game at the MCG. It isn't our home ground and we don't play there very often. In contrast, it is a home ground of essendon and they play there a lot. It would be massively unfair to make us play there given that it will be our home final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't want the game at the MCG. It isn't our home ground and we don't play there very often. In contrast, it is a home ground of essendon and they play there a lot. It would be massively unfair to make us play there given that it will be our home final.

I get your point but I think that if you can't play against someone at the MCG, then you can't play.

I want a huge Saturday night at the G and want to see us pump * in front of a big crowd.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Monday to wed is usually members isn't it?
We once had to play Hawthorn at Waverly when it was their home ground and we finished above them :thumbsdown:

Last three years ...

Round 14, 2014 vs Melbourne = Won by 41pts
Round 5, 2014 vs Collingwood = Lost by 35pts
Round 23, 2013 vs Collingwood = Won by 11pts
Round 5, 2013 vs Hawthorn = Lost by 3pts
Round 17, 2012 vs Richmond = Won by 4pts

Apart from that Collingwood horror show, our record at the MCG is fine.

Essendon also play Etihad very well, it's their home ground as well.

I dunno but am thinking the MCG suites our squad nicely.

Would you rather we win at Etihad and then play Geelong at the G the next week? If we want to be looking at top 4 for the next few years we need to win against whoever at wherever.

Let's get through the Dees with some form, consistency and healthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back