Finals schedule

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm expecting week 1 will be:

Friday night: Tigers (6th) v Roos (7th)

Saturday arvo: Dockers (2nd) v Hawks (3rd)

Saturday night: Bulldogs (5th) v Cats (8th)

Sunday: Eagles (1st) v Swans (4th).

This would be very unfair on the top 4 teams , as the losing top 4 teams would end up with a shorter break than their opponents
I'll be fuming if we play on sunday if we finish second, let alone first.

Things now becoming clearer about which games will be played when. Still a lot to be decided about positions.

If Freo and West Coast finish 1/2, then one QF1 will be played on the Saturday (so 1st place avoids back-to-back 6 day breaks) and QF2 on the Friday. The rest of the finals works around that.

After having done the ladder predictor, I have it working like this (I've assumed higher finishing team wins each final):

Week 1

Friday night: QF2 - West Coast v Hawthorn (Subiaco)
Saturday afternoon: QF1 - Fremantle v Sydney (Subiaco)
Saturday night: EF2 - Richmond v North Melbourne (MCG)
Sunday afternoon: EF1 - Western Bulldogs v Adelaide (MCG/Etihad)

Week 2

Friday night: SF2 - Hawthorn v Richmond (MCG)
Saturday night: SF1 - Sydney v Western Bulldogs (SCG)

Week 3

Friday night: PF1 - Fremantle v Hawthorn (Subiaco)
Saturday afternoon: PF2 - West Coast v Sydney (Subiaco)

Week 4

Saturday afternoon: Grand final

Derby GF would be a cracker, bash the crap out of each other i reckon.

Zero chance that 1st will play on Sunday.

Derby GF would be a cracker, bash the crap out of each other i reckon.

The neutrals ideal GF. You'll have Masten against Suban again. Throw in Crowley and Ballantyne returning for Fremantle as well as Silvagni after his lengthly suspension, you'll have the ingredients of a great GF. The MRP will be busy the following Monday.

Last edited:
The neutrals ideal GF. You'll have Masten against Suban again. Throw in Crowley and Ballantyne returning from Fremantle as well as Silvagni after his lengthly suspension, you'll have the ingredients of a great GF. The MRP will be busy the following Monday.

Would be good to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if a Vic team (most likely you) wins the qualifying final it will be. However if two interstate teams win the qualifying finals then I'm pretty sure gill said they'd be played at that team's home ground, whether they're both in Perth or one is in sydney
the fact that this question even has to be asked is fecked

The neutrals ideal GF. You'll have Masten against Suban again. Throw in Crowley and Ballantyne returning for Fremantle as well as Silvagni after his lengthly suspension, you'll have the ingredients of a great GF. The MRP will be busy the following Monday.
These 2 wouldn't play...

No, it was amended...Rather than 1 game every week, it's averaged over 5(?) years.
Yep. But they're miles ahead of the target, so if WC and Freo both earn the right to host prelims they'll both be played at Subi.

Won't even be the first time both prelims have been played outside Victoria, the fact there's still media confusion about it is just embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back