Preview Finals still alive - Not Anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

We would have won a few more games if we had learnt to hit our forwards on the chest instead of dishing up grubbas and floaty-helicopter-rainbows in our forward 50 week-in week-out. We only have ourselves to blame.

The season has been a success.

Guys like Schofield and Brown have now cemented their spots.
Cripps is twice the player he was this time last year
Darling coming along nice
Sheppard has learnt to run lines
Lycett is now a gun and retained
Shuey and Gaff have started to learn to be consistent
EMAC is a shoe in for AA FB
Priddis is being talked about in same breath as Brownlow
Masten had his most consistent season
Hurn established himself as the competitions elite HB and we have found our next leader
We got games into the kids
Sheed has benefited from extended game time
We got to send Glass and Cox off as well as we could and have developed ample replacements
We contained our injuries better than previous years
and looked to have finally a game plan in place that seems to be taken to the second half of the year
We got close in a derby
We were hardly flogged

Tell me youre all a lot happier than if none of things happened and we finished 14th?

Hurn established himself as the competitions elite HB and we have found our next leader
We got to send Glass and Cox off as well as we could and have developed ample replacements
and looked to have finally a game plan in place that seems to be taken to the second half of the year
We got close in a derby
We were hardly flogged

Tell me youre all a lot happier than if none of things happened and we finished 14th?
Fully agree. It has been a successful season. Still hurts that we won't play finals though, and will likely hurt all throughout the summer.

We got close in a derby
We were hardly flogged

The bolded ones are questionable. We made some improvements on the backend of the season during a flatspot in our schedule. It remains to be seen whether those improvements carry into next year. We need to play better while the pressure is on early in the season.

After ranting and raving at my poor family, I've been banished to the study. Damn the Swans for losing, tomorrows dead rudder is going to leave a very bad taste come Monday

We got close in a derby
We were hardly flogged

Masten was pretty ordinary most of this season in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Masten has played a better season than this.

Cripps always has had ability and traits we serious lack such as leg speed.

I'm not sure we've managed injuries that well either. Scooter and his ankle (injured in round 3/4, played 2 more months and hasn't had any surgery yet) NicNat (still isn't fit) Shuey (has definately had hammy problems) Masten (still has his quad strapped after some underwhelming form in the middle).

Hurn still needs to get involved more when getting a hard tag.

I suspect many WC fans are feeling the same as many Crows fans - borderline happy we didn't make it otherwise huge cracks get papered over because of OMG EIGHTH.

I spoke up a few weeks about this very thread. I would of preferred to go the pick instead of the finals. Whats the point of making 8th just to get smashed?

You can bet people would of said 'we are on the right track' because we made the finals. Now there is no excuse.

Having an argument on FB about that exact topic Max zero.

Never gonna win that, they'll just delete be when I bring up solid facts about meaningless wins etc.

Can't argue with morons sadly

Having an argument on FB about that exact topic Max zero.

Never gonna win that, they'll just delete be when I bring up solid facts about meaningless wins etc.

Can't argue with morons sadly

Beating Gold Coast is meaningless for us. Yet it could be the difference between pick 7 and pick 10. Pick 7 might grab a slider out of the top 5, pick 10 won't.

We got close in a derby
We were hardly flogged

Following some process time and four glasses of wine I now agree with this. This year overall has been a success, and although we aren't in finals calculations this year I can just feel that we are actually going forwards with Simmo and that if we build off this year we can push for finals next year :)

Bring on 2015 I say!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back