Prediction Finals watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Pies will come out firing this week. They've copped a lot of flak since last week's game and while the Pies have been pretty bad in the 2nd half of the year, they will have a lot of pride.

Pendles may just go BIG too. He made the comments that caused the s**t storm last week. Let's hope he plays a blinder and leads them to victory. I have him as my VC (loop hole) for SC tomorrow ;)

Yes, i want us to win our last 2 and maybe get a home final, but it's be nice to not have to stress about it..... :)

I think the Pies will come out firing this week. They've copped a lot of flak since last week's game and while the Pies have been pretty bad in the 2nd half of the year, they will have a lot of pride.

Pendles may just go BIG too. He made the comments that caused the s**t storm last week. Let's hope he plays a blinder and leads them to victory. I have him as my VC (loop hole) for SC tomorrow ;)

Yes, i want us to win our last 2 and maybe get a home final, but it's be nice to not have to stress about it..... :)

I agree with that last sentence- I'm heading down to Geelong for next week's game but I want to enjoy it without the stress- not sure i could handle it being a winner takes all game. Go Pies!

I hope Buckley is using Geelong's arrogance to pump up his players this week. Everyone is talking like Geelong have already won the game. This game isn't meaningless for Collingwood, they have the chance to knock Geelong out of the finals, Someone needs to show video of the 2011 grandfinal to the collingwood players.

If you are on twitter, tweet collingwood players and coaches reminding them of 2011 and that they can knock Geelong out of the finals this week.

I have that feeling too.

What I found funny was everyone had a go at Pendlebury for that comment but he was the Pies best player in that game! Some of the others need to lift.

There's a lot of people talking about a possible top 6 and home final. But I'm not sure if that'd actually be the best for us in the long haul. In determining the draw for next year the AFL uses a "weighted rule" system. This means purely by finishing 6th rather than 7th we will be guaranteed to face more Top 6 contenders next year than Bottom 6.

I'm not advocating tanking or anything, but it's something to think about during the next couple of weeks when watching the teams above us play. Is the home ground advantage in one game really worth making next year considerably harder?

There's a lot of people talking about a possible top 6 and home final. But I'm not sure if that'd actually be the best for us in the long haul. In determining the draw for next year the AFL uses a "weighted rule" system. This means purely by finishing 6th rather than 7th we will be guaranteed to face more Top 6 contenders next year than Bottom 6.

I'm not advocating tanking or anything, but it's something to think about during the next couple of weeks when watching the teams above us play. Is the home ground advantage in one game really worth making next year considerably harder?

Yes. The better teams we play, the better we get. There are no "dream draws" to a flag.

Yes. The better teams we play, the better we get. There are no "dream draws" to a flag.
I think that's oversimplifying things. Experience is important for a finals run, yes. But so is a high finish. I think the best example of that is West Coast this year. A lot of pre-season analysis suggested that they had one of the easiest draws in the comp. Fremantle also had a cruiser than normal draw. On the other hand, Port had one of the toughest draws. As did Geelong. It'd be interesting to see exactly how much "better" they are for having played harder teams rather than getting a simpler run to a dominating ladder position.

To be honest this is all academic. I don't actually expect any team to throw 6th spot because of what they expect to happen next year. But still, knowing the way it's decided, I wouldn't be too unhappy with a 7th place finish this year.

I'm not advocating rain collecting* or anything, but it's something to think about during the next couple of weeks when watching the teams above us play. Is the home ground advantage in one game really worth making next year considerably harder?

* FTFY :)

I have a real feeling that Collingwood might get over the top of Geelong tomorrow night. I just have a feeling that the 'good Collingwood' we saw early in the year will turn up.

I am on 138 for tipping this year, so my feels have been pretty spot on for the most part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a real feeling that Collingwood might get over the top of Geelong tomorrow night. I just have a feeling that the 'good Collingwood' we saw early in the year will turn up.

I am on 138 for tipping this year, so my feels have been pretty spot on for the most part.

I'm a bit concerned by them "resting" Toovey, it's not often you see teams out of finals contention, give a player a rest with 2 games left. That kind of action tells the playing group losing is ok.

Should've joined the BigFooty tipping comp. You'd be second right now.

If I had joined the AFC tipping comp I would be several points clear on the top and would likely win the $18,000 corporate box for next year. Kicking myself that I didn't join more competitions. Ah well, will win $500 for the comp at work.

The guy on top in the bigfooty tipping would be equal first in the country.

I'm a bit concerned by them "resting" Toovey, it's not often you see teams out of finals contention, give a player a rest with 2 games left. That kind of action tells the playing group losing is ok.
Not often? You mean it happens often? Usually when teams are out of contention they'll blood some young players/possibly those fighting for their career and rest anyone that's got any minor niggle. After all, losing a couple more games isn't going to do any further damage and might only improve your pick in the draft.

witch

Are you tipping us on Sunday?;):p

Are you tipping us on Sunday?;):p

I am currently tipping West Coast, reckon we have about a 40% chance of winning. Its one of those games I feel we could win, and WC are due for a loss, but I reckon their class and scoring power will shine through. However, I often go back and change my tips at the last minute so that may change.

Have been contemplating tipping Crows, Collingwood and WB this week. If it comes off it would catapult me into the top-10 in the country. WB a good chance to win this week regardless of the large number of changes they have made. Their game at Ethihad is electric. Worry about their young bodies at this time of the year though.

I predicted WB would breakout this year and Port would have a down year. That has played heavily in my favour early in the year. Black magic does help though.

One simple truth I have learned about following sports is this, only concern yourself with the here and now. Prospects, schedules, drafts, free agency--none of it means a gosh darn thing today. Here and now is all that matters. Here and now it would do our boys a wonder of good to grab a home final if possible. Here and now that is likely the best chance to win and advance. Here and now if you get in the Finals you have a chance to advance to a Grand Final. Here and now if you get to the Grand Final you can win a Premiership.

That is all that matters.

Call it the Cleveland boy in me if you would like, but worrying about 2016 and what looks good for 2016 in 2015 is a recipe to end up like franchises you find in the factory of sadness by the lakeshore or down the street at Progressive Field.

Draft slots you think will find you that superstar often and just as easily produce zippo and draft slots you thought would produce zippo produce a gun.
Schedules that look easy turn hard--because it is not necessarily who you play---but when you play them.

Bottom line---play for today, nothing is promised in 2016

One simple truth I have learned about following sports is this, only concern yourself with the here and now. Prospects, schedules, drafts, free agency--none of it means a gosh darn thing today. Here and now is all that matters. Here and now it would do our boys a wonder of good to grab a home final if possible. Here and now that is likely the best chance to win and advance. Here and now if you get in the Finals you have a chance to advance to a Grand Final. Here and now if you get to the Grand Final you can win a Premiership.

That is all that matters.

Call it the Cleveland boy in me if you would like, but worrying about 2016 and what looks good for 2016 in 2015 is a recipe to end up like franchises you find in the factory of sadness by the lakeshore or down the street at Progressive Field.

Draft slots you think will find you that superstar often and just as easily produce zippo and draft slots you thought would produce zippo produce a gun.
Schedules that look easy turn hard--because it is not necessarily who you play---but when you play them.

Bottom line---play for today, nothing is promised in 2016

Is that you Drew? ;)

Not often? You mean it happens often? Usually when teams are out of contention they'll blood some young players/possibly those fighting for their career and rest anyone that's got any minor niggle. After all, losing a couple more games isn't going to do any further damage and might only improve your pick in the draft.

If there is an injury they say there is an injury, they don't normally say "rested".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back