Finals week 1 tips and crowd expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

How many EPL titles has Tottenham won?
But I'm not trying to pick a fight with a United fan am I. I know what clubs to give respect to.

A north fan getting into a shitfight with a blues fan will always lose... They've got way more credits in the bank and are probably closer to a premiership than north are.

Geelong by 10pts - 80,000
Freo in extra time by 6 pts - 50,000
Kangaroos by 1 pt - 85,000
Richmond by 19 pts - 40,000

These 4 games are hard to predict as all 4 games are evenly matched

Last edited:
Fri night-Bruce to go up a notch in his homoeroticism
Sat arvo-basil and rompingwins to commentate in a boring manner for a boring game
Sat night-boy oh boy wowee. Essendon so brave, love the way they go about it.
Sun arvo- Bruce's anti port feelings to shine thru as he roots for the tigers....

Hawthorn beating Geelong is the only game I'm confident about...all the other games could easily go the other way

Hawthorn vs. Geelong - by 15pts
Sydney vs. Fremantle - by 21pts
North Melbourne vs. Essendon - by 11pts
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond - by 10pts

Collingwood Intensive Care Unit
WC Eagles Nice & sunny in Broadbeach
Adelaide Barracking for whoever plays Port
Gold Coast Polishing Gazza's scalp
Carlton Remedial media training
W Bulldogs Punishing pre-season
Brisbane Leppa's place
GWS Giants Mad Monday @ Maroubra
Melbourne Hell
St Kilda Back to the Junction!!
-http://www.liveladders.com/AFL/

Hawthorn vs. Geelong - by 23pts
Sydney vs. Fremantle - by 5pts
North Melbourne vs. Essendon - by 46pts
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond - by 12pts

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fri night-Bruce to go up a notch in his homoeroticism
Sat arvo-basil and rompingwins to commentate in a boring manner for a boring game
Sat night-boy oh boy wowee. Essendon so brave, love the way they go about it.
Sun arvo- Bruce's anti port feelings to shine thru as he roots for the tigers....
Another bad thing about playing a Sunday final, when OMB is calling it, although all except Dennis are horrible. Just hope Richo isn't part of the commentary team (to avoid tiger bias).

How dare people get in early with this thread :mad:

Hawthorn Vs Geelong 27pts 72K

Sydney Vs Fremantle 12pts 42K

North Melbourne Vs Essendon 18pts 72K

Port Adelaide Vs Richmond 11pts 49K
It's a new world brad, deal with it

Hawthorn vs Geelong 18 points (82,000)

Sydney vs Fremantle 34 points (45,000)

North Melbourne vs Essendon 23 points (63,000)

Port Adelaide
vs Richmond 33 points (53,000)

Hawthorn vs. Geelong - 28pts (68k)
Sydney vs. Fremantle - 13pts (45k)
North Melbourne vs. Essendon - 17pts (81k)
- This is what my heart says, my head says Essendon by 12 after Goddard & Chapman worm their way to a win.
Maybe Goddard will go down like a sack of potatoes and milk a free.
Port Adelaide vs. Richmond - 36pts (53k)

Hawthorn vs Geelong 18 points (76,000)

Sydney vs Fremantle 7 points (47,000)

North Melbourne vs Essendon 5 points (75,000)

Port Adelaide vs Richmond 28 points (53,000)

QF2: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Expecting another typical tight and close clash between these two, head thinks the Hawks should and probably will win here but going with my heart and tipping my boys in real close contest - Cats by 4pts

QF1: Sydney vs Fremantle - The ANZ factor gives Dockers a much stronger chance to cause another finals upset, but Swans have finished first for a reason and should advance to a home PF but wouldn't be surprised if Dockers got up - Swans by 7pts

EF2: North Melbourne vs Essendon - What a cracking contest this should be, both teams will like their chances of advancing to week 2, Roos are deserved favourites but Bombers have played a lot more footy in front of big crowds at the G this year and that may just things their way - Bombers by 11pts

EF1: Port Adelaide vs Richmond - Tigers have done amazingly well to get this far after being 3-10, they have a good record vs Power so will like their chances but if front of a full Portress the Power to end the Tigers gallant run - Power by 16pts

Crowd Predictions
Hawthorn vs Geelong @ MCG - 76,000
Sydney vs Fremantle @ ANZ - 40,000
North Melb vs Essendon @ MCG - 62,000
Port Adel vs Richmond @ AO - 53,000

So you rate Essendon to beat us?
They just avoided playing Port in Adelaide by the skin of their teeth.
Yeah and they drew with a side who beat you and have been playing some good footy in the last 6-8 weeks (Carlton).

Meanwhile you struggled to beat Melbourne.

However, all that is irrelevant as this game is Essendon vs North Melbourne and I believe Essendon will win especially given it is at the G.

Yeah and they drew with a side who beat you and have been playing some good footy in the last 6-8 weeks (Carlton).

Meanwhile you struggled to beat Melbourne.

However, all that is irrelevant as this game is Essendon vs North Melbourne and I believe Essendon will win especially given it is at the G.

We didn't struggle to beat Melbourne, we just were playing in 2nd gear all night.
If we can match it and beat the top 4 sides (except Geelong so far) this season, we shouldn't fear Essendon.
They are just as inexperienced as us in finals and their forward line sometimes lack firepower.

We need to tag Watson/Heppell, send Greenwood to one of them.
And play close attention to Goddard and Chapman when they go forward
We also need to pay a lot of attention to Ryder when he goes fwd, he can easily kick a few up there.

We will mix things up by sending Cunnington/Ziebell forward as they have proven to play that position well.
Could sneak under the Bombers defences guard while they are watching Petrie, Thomas, etc.

This how we should line up.

FB - Thompson - Firrito - Mcdonald
HB - Atley - Grima - Wright
C - Wells - Cunnington - Dal Santo
HF - Black - Brown - Wood
FF - Thomas - Petrie - Turner
R - Goldstien - Swallow - Ziebell
Int - Bastinac - Greenwood - Gibson - Adams

We could really cause them issues with this fwd line.
If only Boomer was out there...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back