Discussion Finals Week 3: Predictions, Photos, and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This year North wore
North_Home_zps37543d95.png
whereas in their last away game vs Sydney they wore
North_Clash_zps1a455d03.png
. The latter should be used as Sydney should be considered to have red AND white as their major colours. However this mustn't be the case otherwise they'd have a jumper with even more red for away games v North and Geelong, which they don't.
There's no way a case could be made for North's main jumper clashing with Sydney. Surely.
AFL will probably ask North what they'd prefer given there isn't a clash in either instance.
I hope they go with with the blue jumper, as it'd make a better contract to Sydney.

Wonder if Port will wear their clash.

I know they usually wear their home with white shorts during the H&A games but apparently finals has a different set of rules.
Given what happened for last year's GF, Hawthorn will get told gold top with brown shorts, and Port will get told they need to wear white shorts, and then they could go the Freo route and say "well we don't want to mix our two kits up" and wear all white, or wear their black top with white shorts. I'm tipping the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port ranked higher than North so should get "home" designation. Or is it winner of the 1QF regardless of ranking?

If it's Port v North, port would be the home team.

But if hypothetically teams 3 and 4 won the QFs, and only one went through to GF, the QF team would be home side compared to a team ranked 1 or 2 I believe.

View attachment 79845 View attachment 79846
Here's my submission as to why the royal should be used.

still a significant amount of white on the front of north's alternative strip as i alluded to in the week 2 thread, but from a holistic point of view, it will be better as it increases the differentiating colour on the back and sides - royal blue - in comparison to the entirety of sydney's strip.

If it's Port v North, port would be the home team.

But if hypothetically teams 3 and 4 won the QFs, and only one went through to GF, the QF team would be home side compared to a team ranked 1 or 2 I believe.

automatic home strip in a GF should be given to the minor premier and the minor premier only, IMO.

for all GF matches featuring teams other than that year's minor premier, there should be a coin toss to determine who gets the home jersey/strip if the two home strips are similar.

it wouldn't matter this season because if Sydney weren't too make it, a NM vs HAW/PA GF will allow any combination to wear their full home strips. yes, I'm saying NM should wear their royal blue shorts against either of HAW or PA.

Port ranked higher than North so should get "home" designation. Or is it winner of the 1QF regardless of ranking?
Regardless of where the two GF teams finished on the ladder, the AFL will set the uniforms up to make the game as visually appealing as possible.

If North play Port, it'll be
North_Away_zpsd41ee627.png
Port_Home_zpsffa20395.png
. Nothing else to be said RE the matter.

still a significant amount of white on the front of north's alternative strip as i alluded to in the week 2 thread, but from a holistic point of view, it will be better as it increases the differentiating colour on the back and sides - royal blue - in comparison to the entirety of sydney's strip.
Without the opposition's stripes to clash with it's a significantly lesser issue than vs Geelong/Collingwood though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back