Employment Finding Casual Work as a Student

Remove this Banner Ad

So I've kicked my 100+ grand a year job in mining to go back to school. Couldn't handle the isolation and time away anymore, and decided it was time to find another career path.

At the moment I'm only studying for 20 hours a week.

Do you guys have any creative ideas for making money for the next 6 months? I would prefer not to do bar work. Other than that I'll do anything.

What work did you find to get you through your study?

Cheers!

So I've kicked my 100+ grand a year job in mining to go back to school. Couldn't handle the isolation and time away anymore, and decided it was time to find another career path.

At the moment I'm only studying for 20 hours a week.

Do you guys have any creative ideas for making money for the next 6 months? I would prefer not to do bar work. Other than that I'll do anything.

What work did you find to get you through your study?

Cheers!
Umpiring sport can be pretty good (if you do it that is) as most sports struggle for for umpires the pay is good. Umpired three games of hockey this weekend which equalled about $250 (cash in hand as well) that was for 4.5 hours work.

If you have a car license, a good way to earn some money as a student is to do casual warehousing work. The hours and locations make it difficult to get to via public transport, so have a look at joining up with an agency such as Manpower and they could lead you to opportunities in your area.

Not a clue OP I came into this thread because of the title and hoped to get some advice myself, good luck with your search mate. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back