Saints08

Team Captain
Mar 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Bromwich Albion
Very disappointed about fiora being in the team, especially when geary is available
Schneider is a good in
Allen will improve
Gwilt oughto be delisted at seasons end

M.Gardiner and X.Clarke still injured?

TassieSaint

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tassie Tigers
Pffft Fiora

Geary > Fiora in just about every conceivable way. Schneider's potentially a decent in though. Where is Micky G? Still injured? Or was Ross so impressed with King and Kosi's dismantling of Carlton's rucks he reckons they'll be enough for Campbell/Taylor

makemytime

Debutant
May 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Birss must be shattered... he played very well with tagging roles for all his games in this season, ends up being dropped and only put on emergencies...

gwilt out means gram back in defence (ARGHH gram deserves to be in the midfield) and fiora to play in the midfield. he better put on a performance!

Watching the Casey game, I just didn't think Gardi was 100%.

Had a feeling from Anthony Rock's comments that Fiora was in front of Gears and Birss.

Wouldn't worry too much about Gears - the club knows he's a talent. His main issue is the body strength over the ball (which by next year won't be an issue) and also kicking depth (could've kicked 6 against Tassie).

Birss is unlucky, as I would have had him in front of Schneider.

Thought Fiora clicked after half time. I've watched a few Casey games and thought he was pretty average with his decision making. In the second half he seemed to "get it" i.e. run direct and kick long to advantage. Too often he's dicked around with it sideways to a contest in the corridor.

Time will tell as to whether he can translate this to AFL, but wouldn't surprise if he played more like '07 this time.

Last chance saloon for mine though.

We're a bit short up front - maybe they will finally bite the bullett and play BJ or Sam F forward?

Sainters66

Team Captain
May 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Very disappointed about fiora being in the team, especially when geary is available
Schneider is a good in
Allen will improve
Gwilt oughto be delisted at seasons end

M.Gardiner and X.Clarke still injured?

Maybe you should be delisted...................

_Interpol_

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Down on the corner
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sth Dragons, MVFC, Leeds

Thought Fiora clicked after half time. I've watched a few Casey games and thought he was pretty average with his decision making. In the second half he seemed to "get it" i.e. run direct and kick long to advantage. Too often he's dicked around with it sideways to a contest in the corridor.

Time will tell as to whether he can translate this to AFL, but wouldn't surprise if he played more like '07 this time.

We're a bit short up front - maybe they will finally bite the bullett and play BJ or Sam F forward?

No Shizen we're short up forward, removing Allan changes the whole structure... This has really peaved me off... 2 KPP's and 1 of them will ruck... Croad, Gilham, Brown??? WTF St Kilda???

STOP CHANGING WINNING EFFING TEAMS

SOLMAN86

Senior List
Sep 18, 2006
seymour
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
L.F.N.C & S.C.C
Watching the Casey game, I just didn't think Gardi was 100%.

Had a feeling from Anthony Rock's comments that Fiora was in front of Gears and Birss.

Wouldn't worry too much about Gears - the club knows he's a talent. His main issue is the body strength over the ball (which by next year won't be an issue) and also kicking depth (could've kicked 6 against Tassie).

Agree on everthing you said mate, BJ forward is an Exciting prospect cause of his deadly kicking boots, its the same drive though along with Grammy that can pick apart Hawthorns zone from half back.

Really am looking forward to seeing Milney smash our former hitman in goo and along with Grammy & Koz stand up on a big night against quality opposition

Birssy boy is a goal kicking mid fielder, which along with Oil & CJ is where our improvement has come from this year - mid fielders kicking goals - unfortunately Shane is only benefiting the magoos.

Maybe Rossy has told Fizz preform in this one or your delisted Pal

Gears & Birssy clearly better players and I think we all agree with that

Go Saints
:D

Ross Lyon must have some game plan that requires speed as these two have that in common and at least Fiora and maybe both might be included in our "least accountable" group.

It's a pity that Xavier Clarke wasn't available for selection, he has the zip and he tackles well. We have missed him :(

_Interpol_

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2008
Down on the corner
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sth Dragons, MVFC, Leeds
^^^^ Agree Kildonian, but don't you think that being 1 KPP short will put Kosi back to 1 month ago when he looked lost out on the field? Last few games he has looked solid and been able to freely pinch hit in the ruck and roam back at times... I think Lyon is altering a game plan that has worked of late, not sure if it will work...

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dunno if this was the game to bring back the Fizz though. Maybe West Coast or Freo? But the Hawks is kind of a gamble.

Although I think he had a blinder last time we played them, I remember he snapped the winning goal late in the last. Thats when I realised how good of a player he was lol, sadly he's just derailed his career since...

Put in Fizz, show us ya best mate. Not many poeple want you in the team, but that wont mean we're not behind ya, go get em son!

Signd Sealed Saint

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2008
Glen Waverly
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Victorian Bushrangers
Fiora and Schneider are very unaccountable players which will not be good for stopping hawthorn's run. I still think both Geary and Birss deserved their spot in front of Fiora. Plus he'll have to pull one out of the hat if he wants to have a game as good as Gram's last week since he's effectively taking his spot.

HoldenMCaulfield

Fortius Quo Fidelius
St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger Sponsor 2013 St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Apr 2, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Southampton FC / Hamburger SV
I think that Fiora is very much a confidence player. He will (probably) not develop into a spiritual leader that can turn a game by himself and lead by example, but with the team around him playing well and our two main leaders, Hayes and Riewoldt, being on fire and the entire team likely to be extremely motivated in Robert Harvey's probable last season, I can really see him contribute. He is fast, he can run and carry, he can mark, he can kick, he can score goals. I agree that Birss and Geary are unlucky, but I for myself will be there this Saturday night cheering for the entire team, including our No. 17, Aaron Fiora.

I didn't think I would say this just five weeks ago, but I actually trust Lyon on this one. The omission of Dal Santo and Milne for the Fremantle game may have been a real turning point in his career - showing the leadership, strength and toughness of a head coach. His decisions have been quite good since (you may call it luck and some morons may see Grant Thomas in the coaching box, but I call it three wins in a row with obvious improvements and more and more exciting football - something Lyon always wanted).

Hawthorn will still be favourites, but other than five weeks ago, I honestly think that we have a real chance to at least make it a contest.

GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS !!!

tim_saints

Premiership Player
Jul 16, 2008
Wonga Park
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles - MUFC
FIORA :eek: why is he in the team we have Geary available i think its ridiculous schneider will b valuble but not fiora dont no what they are thinking.

GO SAINTERZ :thumbsu:

kitchendweller

Debutant
Jun 8, 2008
St Albans
AFL Club
St Kilda
I dunno if this was the game to bring back the Fizz though. Maybe West Coast or Freo? But the Hawks is kind of a gamble.

Although I think he had a blinder last time we played them, I remember he snapped the winning goal late in the last. Thats when I realised how good of a player he was lol, sadly he's just derailed his career since...

Put in Fizz, show us ya best mate. Not many poeple want you in the team, but that wont mean we're not behind ya, go get em son!

Thanks A2R, I was thinking the same thing. While Fiora can be very inconsistent and frustrating(he's far from alone there), At the moment we need to get behind him and go with the coach's vision. This team can do anything with belief in all 22 soldiers. I'm pumped!

ChrisFooty

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Birss had 37 disposals last week in the VFL. Must be feeling very hard done by. What more does he need to do?

Even though Geary had 40 touches, it's not a bad move to keep him in the VFL for the remainder of the year. Is a required player for next year and needs to build some strength.

Will Birss get delisted? It seems like Ross does not rate him. Is he actually getting serious and fair consideration currently? Maybe he is placed on the never to return list. Hope not.

Mar 21, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Boys and Girls, I can see you are upset at the inclusion of Fiora... However for those of us that are heading to the dome, a mouthwatering contest awaits!!!!

Am I talking about the battle of Max H on Franklin?? or Croad on Kosi??? Lenny & Sewell?? Mitchell & Ball???

NO I AM TALKING OF A PHYSICAL BATTLE THE LIKES OF WHICH HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE...

Ladies and Gentleman... I give you.
Aaron Fiora v's Clinton Young!!!

While I'm not seeing any of the Casey games I won't criticise the inclusions. At least we're bringing players coming back from injury through the reserves because I'm sick to death of seeing players out there that are underdone.

The two outs seem logical to me given their performances last week but I'm surprised Gilbert wasn't dropped after a couple of piss-poor efforts last week.

Fiora can surprise when he's playing well. I live in hope this is one of those weeks.

Back