Competition FIRA pre-competition discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying it out on guernseys, I think it needs a background of some sort. I can't get it to 'sit' nicely on my guernsey, which was the same trouble I had initially. It's a bit of a weird shape.

I have tried it on several of my old designs (including stripes, light and dark plain designs, v's, double v's and triple v's, and sashes) and it seems that if the logo has a small stroke (around 2pt), is turned plain white or if a stroke (again 2pt) and background is added to the middle of the design (so filling the blank space that is left after adding the stroke) then it seems to fit everything. It may not compliment every single possible design, but no logo ever does.

I have also cleaned the logo up a bit

EliteOneLogoJersey_zps2fbf9a5f.png

Excellent, I'll put it up with the other options to a vote after Christmas

Any more entries on this one? As I said, when I get a chance after Christmas i'll get a poll up so that when I announce the successful nominations on 1/1/15 (or so), we're ready to go with logos.

Tentatively:

Home
Clash
Home country based one off
Whatever you like one off

I just had a really good point brought up to me by johnfrombrazil

I've been thinking about this question repeatedly.

When it says country based, it must be necessarily based on the country, or may be a nation-based concept, region or ethnic group?

For example, let's think about Barcelona. Despite being a team in Spain, the location is a place where the Catalan influence is stronger than the "Spanish" itself. Thus, the concept is not technically "country based".

Obviously, as John points out, for a Barcelona based team (listen closely Klim ) it would be a bit strange for them to release a guernsey celebrating Spain in the current political climate instead of Catalonia.

Based on that, instead of having one of the themed round one-off kits being "Country based", we're now going to make it "Location based".

Whether you want to do country, state, region, city, whatever is totally up to you. You'd ideally be tying it in with your regular set, but you'd do something to honour the region your club best identifies with.

For a Dallas team, that might be Texas. For my Birmingham team, it will still probably be England as a whole. It will be up to the individual.

Obviously, as John points out, for a Barcelona based team (listen closely Klim ) it would be a bit strange for them to release a guernsey celebrating Spain in the current political climate instead of Catalonia.
Leave everything to me. I've got it sorted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back