Opinion First Captain under Walsh?

Remove this Banner Ad

He said they'll ratify his suggestion. I highly doubt they'll tell him he can't pick who out of the 6 guys the players nominate into the leadership group
Yeah.
The way he said it though, and I can't remember exactly, but something about it had been pointed out to him that he was using 'I' too much(?) and that the board would tick it off. I didn't like it. The boards made some howlers, if anything they should be running stuff past Walsh.

His opinion on who should be captain is quite different to how he manages a forward line, which was his main job. He would know the leadership qualities surely, he's a former premiership captain. He's not stupid.

As I said, I don't doubt he could be right. But it's just the opinion of a bloke who was shown the door, playing credentials aside. It provides no insight into the musings of the current coaching group on this matter. We wouldn't be gaining any more insight into the potential choice if we were hearing from Wrinkles or Tredders. I think it's likely that naming the captain will be a significant moment for Walsh and what Bicks' personal opinion is will be completely inconsequential. Again, I'd be very happy with Sloane.

I think the 6 person leadership group selected today was...

1) Dangerfield
2) Sloane
3) Walker
4) Smith
5) Talia
6) Van Berlo

and the captain in 2015 will be Dangerfield
No Sauce?

Yeah you are probably right. I just feel that Walshy isnt too happy that Danger and Sloane havent committed yet. Could be wrong again.
Think you have been listening to Sanders too much. ;)

Walsh has said that while he would prefer that they would have already signed longer deals, it is not a big issue.

Personally, I dont want VB as captain if anything more to do with us taking a step in a new direction under new changes both on and off the field.

VB should focus on guaranteeing himself a place in the 22.
Agreed.

New CEO
New Coach
New Captain
New Chairman
New Beginning - with no mediocrity!

Agreed.

New CEO
New Coach
New Captain
New Chairman

LOL. I felt good that we could agree on something before midnight. I can sleep better now.:p

All jokes aside, I do believe its the best move going forward. Walsh needs to define himself and along with the Club with a new leader.

It would be different if there was no candidates but there are and I think also it would bring the best out of VB, knowing that his place isnt guaranteed.

His opinion on who should be captain is quite different to how he manages a forward line, which was his main job. He would know the leadership qualities surely, he's a former premiership captain. He's not stupid.

Agreed. I think he knows what the players are looking for and I would take his opinion seriously. I'm a bit sick of the bashing Bicks has been getting around here the past 3-4 years. He's our one and only dual premiership captain, we should be worshipping him and hanging on every word he says.

Agreed. I think he knows what the players are looking for and I would take his opinion seriously. I'm a bit sick of the bashing Bicks has been getting around here the past 3-4 years. He's our one and only dual premiership captain, we should be worshipping him and hanging on every word he says.

Agreed, should have gotten a 10 year offer to be head coach. Worshipping? Hanging on every word? What if it's contradictory to something said by Roo, Macca or Blight. What do you do then, combust? Bicks gets his due respect for his playing career, but that's where it ends. He was probably adequate as a coach and might be a good media performer, but he's not infallible. I do wonder whether he might have gone further in the coaching ranks if he'd been prepared to move cities. His coaching career basically just fizzled out with a year to run on a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captaincy has been dangled in front of Walker by dickhead (thats my nickname for our coach, it won't change even when he wins a flag, dickheads don't change, they get successful.) with his presser the other day after walkers signing. If he wants it, he can go get it. The coaching degrees he's doing, won't hurt.

Agreed.

New CEO
New Coach
New Captain
New Chairman
New Beginning - with no mediocrity!

Why would you get rid of Chapman now? this club has turned things around after a ruff time effected (in part) by some serious uncontrollable forces.

Someones doing something right, are you so sure its not him?

Why would you get rid of Chapman now? this club has turned things around after a ruff time effected (in part) by some serious uncontrollable forces.

Someones doing something right, are you so sure its not him?
Yes, because he wasn't doing much right previously! It's others who are rectifying things.

There is already a transitional plan in place so not losing sleep...

Captaincy has been dangled in front of Walker by dickhead (thats my nickname for our coach, it won't change even when he wins a flag, dickheads don't change, they get successful.) with his presser the other day after walkers signing. If he wants it, he can go get it. The coaching degrees he's doing, won't hurt.

Dickhead?

Wtf?

Yes, because he wasn't doing much right previously! It's others who are rectifying things.

There is already a transitional plan in place so not losing sleep...

I kind of see where Essendon were coming from when they say they did nothing others hadn't done and its unfair they get singled out. After all Essendon got lesser penalties than us for salary cap issues far more serious than ours. I don't know if we could blame Chapman for this or the time we had to spend on the AO deal, with massive other attacks on our football department(bailey suspension, Rendell fiasco)

maybe keeping people in the club who are acutley aware of we've been threw and know how to learn from it, is the best possible result we could get from what has been hell. The players arn't happy how they dealt with this period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back