First disposal of the game a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm sure there's been plenty of cases where the first kick of the game was a goal (handball, handball, goal etc), but has the first disposal of the game ever been one?

The most famous instance is actually a VFA Grand Final from the early 70's.

Dandy vs Port - a bit of push and shove before the ball is bounced. Ump gives Dandy full-forward Frosty Miller a free - goal kicked before the ball is bounced.

And yes, Dandenong won the game - by 6 points.

Dandy vs Port - a bit of push and shove before the ball is bounced. Ump gives Dandy full-forward Frosty Miller a free - goal kicked before the ball is bounced.

Pavlich against Carlton in 2008. Also got a fifty before the bounce to make it a certain goal.

Any non-freekick first disposal goals? Hitout to player who runs 30 metres, kicks the goal???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any non-freekick first disposal goals? Hitout to player who runs 30 metres, kicks the goal???
I vaguely remember listening on the radio when G Ablett puched it out of the centre bounce and Damien Bourke snapped a goal. I recall thinking it unusual that the players seemed to be 'swapped' in the expected positions they would play.

Long time ago though, probably no footage.

was there, crowd were bewildered. was actually nongers v preston.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back