Review First Qualifying Final, 2015: Box Hill Hawks v Footscray Bulldogs, 5 September 2015, 2pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

DEVELOPMENT & SENIORS

Saturday September 5
11am: Box Hill Hawks v Williamstown

2pm: Box Hill Hawks v Footscray

Channel 7 are only broadcasting the elimination finals.

ADMISSION PRICES
Weeks 1-3 -
Adults: $15 / Concession/Pensioners: $10 / Children 12 & under: Free

For supporters intending to travel to the MCG to watch the Hawthorn V Carlton match which starts at 4:40pm, trains are scheduled to leave Laburnum station and arrive at Richmond station as follows:
3:47/4:13; 3:57/4:23; 4:07/4:33; 4:17/4:43

Cannot believe no TV coverage.

And the afl and vfl fixture times mean that no doubt the afl side will carry a non playing emergency for the Carlton game meaning a player misses both a vfl game and afl game.

I understand the BHH submission to the VFL included our priority for the games to start at 10am and 1pm to allow supporters, players and staff time to watch the seniors before traveling to the MCG. Since the Western Bulldogs play in Brisbane at 1:45pm I'd be surprised if they didn't support our submission so their players could watch the last quarter at a venue like the BH RSL. However based on past issues with Williamstown I wouldn't be surprised if they argued against our submission simply for the sake of throwing a spanner in the works. I hope Sandringham clean them up in the second qualifying final on Sunday.

Been another horrid year of Hawthorn / Box Hill Hawks scheduling both fixture wise and TV coverage.

Will the club be submitting a request for improvement for next year?

Box Hill vs Footscray

B: David Mirra, Ryan Schoenmakers, Matthew Spangher
HB: Kurt Heatherley, Angus Litherland, Teia Miles
C: Billy Hartung, Brendan Whitecross, Dallas Willsmore
HF: Zac Webster, Marc Pittonet, Jed Anderson
F: Sam Grimley, Shem Tatupu, Tim O’Brien
R: Jonathon Ceglar, Jonathan O’Rourke, Jonathan Simpkin

INT: Patrick Lawlor, Cadeyn Williams, Marc Lock, Joseph Fisher, Sam Collins, Liam Tobin, Sam Iles, Tom Gordon, Nick Evans

Good to see Anderson, Ceglar, Tatupu, and Webster all back in the line-up. Strong team, especially down back.

Last edited:
Box Hill vs Footscray

B: David Mirra, Ryan Schoenmakers, Matthew Spangher
HB: Kurt Heatherley, Angus Litherland, Teia Miles
C: Billy Hartung, Brendan Whitecross, Dallas Willsmore
HF: Zac Webster, Marc Pittonet, Jed Anderson
F: Sam Grimley, Shem Tatupu, Tim O’Brien
R: Jonathon Ceglar, Jonathan O’Rourke, Jonathan Simpkin

INT: Patrick Lawlor, Cadeyn Williams, Marc Lock, Joseph Fisher, Sam Collins, Liam Tobin, Sam Iles, Tom Gordon, Nick Evans

Good to see Anderson, Ceglar, Tatupu, and Webster all back in the line-up. Strong line-up. Especially down back.
Interesting that Schoe is at fullback after not being named at HFC level. Seems the flip-flopping by coaches continues.

Yeah, not sure I'm that happy seeing Schoey at full back :confused: Might not line up there though I suppose...

Interesting that, apart from the interchange, there is only one non-Hawthorn listed player (Mirra) in the line up. This has to be one of our best years ever in terms of keeping a fit list (touches wood that we don't get injuries during finals). Development Squad team will be strong!

Yeah, not sure I'm that happy seeing Schoey at full back :confused: Might not line up there though I suppose...

Interesting that, apart from the interchange, there is only one non-Hawthorn listed player (Mirra) in the line up. This has to be one of our best years ever in terms of keeping a fit list (touches wood that we don't get injuries during finals). Development Squad team will be strong!
Neither shem nor grimmers can play back.

Mitch "Bull" O'Donnell will certainly be a big loss. He is tough and courageous and what most supporters don't know is he played against Geelong after breaking a bone in his hand at work in the week leading up to the game. Despite his injury Bull was named 5th best but missed the game against the Northern Blues due to "soreness". He told me he would be OK for the Willy game and was named our best player. Bull is an inspiration and we would be unbeatable if a few more of his team mates followed his team first courageous lead.

Missing in action this week: Hodge, Bruest, Brand and Woodward plus senior BHH players O'Donnell and Kennedy so we are very well placed to perform at our best and there will be no excuses for our three teams. Jack Codd-Miller had surgery for his ACL on Monday and was really upbeat on Saturday after watching Dan Menzel on Friday night. Two Dads is a really lovely young man and a very good club man.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch "Bull" O'Donnell will certainly be a big loss. He is tough and courageous and what most supporters don't know is he played against Geelong after breaking a bone in his hand at work in the week leading up to the game. Despite his injury Bull was named 5th best but missed the game against the Northern Blues due to "soreness". He told me he would be OK for the Willy game and was named our best player. Bull is an inspiration and we would be unbeatable if a few of his team mates followed his team first courageous lead.

Missing in action this week: Hodge, Bruest, Brand and Woodward plus senior BHH players O'Donnell and Kennedy so we are very well placed to perform at our best and there will be no excuses for our three teams. Jack Codd-Miller had surgery for his ACL on Monday and was really upbeat on Saturday after watching Dan Menzel on Friday night. Two Dads is a really lovely young man and a very good club man.
How has Codd-Miller gone this year (obviously prior to doing his ACL)?

Or he might, particularly if Kurt does not come up.

Anyway it would not be Hawthorn if we weren't pissing on Schoey.

Just settled in front of the telly to watch Box Hill play, to find out they will not be shown. Are they for real? What an absolute disgrace!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back