Review First Qualifying Final, 2015: Box Hill Hawks v Footscray Bulldogs, 5 September 2015, 2pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't think Willsmore had it in him....

Intriguing player is Dallas. His 2014 GF was great and he was real good on Saturday. Hard to know what his ceiling will be. His skills and vision are comfortably AFL standard. He is quite outside but with his light build would be pretty dumb to try and muscle your way through a match. Certainly one to watch.

Intriguing player is Dallas. His 2014 GF was great and he was real good on Saturday. Hard to know what his ceiling will be. His skills and vision are comfortably AFL standard. He is quite outside but with his light build would be pretty dumb to try and muscle your way through a match. Certainly one to watch.
I know that Brenton Phillips (SA U18 coach) rated him pretty highly.

Does Jed come in this week for Smith? Could be a really good type for the eagles game....

Jed has lacked consistency over the past month as he has struggled with back issues. Billy needed the game time and I think he did everything required for a recall including 5 tackles.

syl97, if you were at the game you certainly wouldn't have posted "smart move" because DW was around 10 - 15 metres in the clear when he had a look and pulled out. ESC, I don't expect DW to try and muscle his way through a match however I certainly don't expect him to regularly pull out of contests and rely totally on his outside game.

Jed has lacked consistency over the past month as he has struggled with back issues. Billy needed the game time and I think he did everything required for a recall including 5 tackles.

Clarko made a point of Billy playing a full game with Box Hill because he was sub for the past two weeks. I Clarko's implication was that he would get a run next week.

His speed at the stoppages is a real weapon and covers one of our very few weaknesses. Cant see it happening but would be a great story.

And he's a hard nut. Would make a great 'IN' if the coaches thought he was up to it. Would he make a good sub for the WCE game?

And he's a hard nut. Would make a great 'IN' if the coaches thought he was up to it. Would he make a good sub for the WCE game?
Given the weather he could be a very nice fit as has inside grunt and pace.

I would have loved for Jed to have played a few more senior games this year. He could be anything, has the outside run, can play forward, middle and alternate as an inside mid. Exciting times ahead, cannot wait to see all the talent available at BBH next year playing together in the seniors.
Fingers crossed and lets hope we can do the three-peat, we can sit back in the next few years and watch guys like Anderson, O'Rourke, Howe, Brand, Pittonet, Willmore, Sicily, O'Brien, Hartung and Litherland cement regular spots in the seniors and will also have Heatherley and Tatapu to look forward to, exciting times ahead for the Greatest Club in The Land

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back