First Test for Dan Andrews - Militant union flexing muscle

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
Keep ignoring what you don't want to hear.

45c return on an 18 billion project is a dud investment. $1.90 on a 9-11 billion dollar project is a good investment.

I don't understand how you can even function without a brain. It's like someone programmed "CFMEU" into a peanut to protect it in it's shell whenever it's bombarded with real world facts.

Why would you defend such a s**t project over a lucrative one? You're sticking loyal to a party like it's an afl team, at the expense of ******* 18 billion of our money. That's what I don't understand it's sickening to think how many backwards meddling people there are throwing spanners in the works of everything right and correct.

You'd actually fight for a 0.45 over a 1.90 with more capital outlay like some dumb collingwood supporter in the name of loyalty and not financial sense. That's what's wrong with you liberals, always so vile and rabid you'll cross any line to get your way over anyone else. Numero Uno :drunk:

I'm ignoring nothing. I said both parties piss our money up agasnst the wall and then you come back in full arse clown mode and try and defend one of the turd parties actions.

I'm not a Liberal you halfwit.

I'd rather they waste our money and have something half useful at the end of it than piss it away and have nothing to show for it after wasting * tonnes of OUR money. That is what has happened.

Keep up the cheerleading though. Some like minded muppet will give you some rubbish validation and you'll feel good about being part of the cheerleading team.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Economically he's saved us over 9 billion considering the return was around 45c to every dollar.

I wonder why so few on here are prepared to apply the same logic to the NBN? Actually one doesn't wonder.

Some like minded muppet will give you some rubbish validation and you'll feel good about being part of the cheerleading team.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I wonder why so few on here are prepared to apply the same logic to the NBN? Actually one doesn't wonder.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Because the NBN's 7% figure is per annum until paid off... not a permanent 55% loss to the taxpayer that takes 56 years to pay itself off.

Then there's the whole other issue of how the east-west is essentially only caters to rich Asians who can only touch park on that road anyway, which is only a few hundred thousand (3rd generation max) Australians.

NBN caters to every MAC and regional town nationwide. So that includes people who have paid their way in this country through both money and labor since the early 1800's. Not just the new China phenomenon that stems from Ringwood to Richmond.

Who are now priced out of the very suburbs their grandfathers built (for migrants to price their grandkids out of). By land banking too of all things. Go to Gwen Waverwy and you'll see acquired homes with no occupier. Despicable. Last thing I'd do with my vote is give this scum yet again more capital growth in those suburbs. Better yet a mild correction for all the idiots who bought homes in the east last year, depending on this road to further screw first home buyers.

Last edited:

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Even if east-west returned 1.90. I'll be damned before I allow the inner east to have any more infrastructure than it already does.
I'm ignoring nothing. I said both parties piss our money up agasnst the wall and then you come back in full arse clown mode and try and defend one of the turd parties actions.

I'm not a Liberal you halfwit.

I'd rather they waste our money and have something half useful at the end of it than piss it away and have nothing to show for it after wasting **** tonnes of OUR money. That is what has happened.

Keep up the cheerleading though. Some like minded muppet will give you some rubbish validation and you'll feel good about being part of the cheerleading team.

LDP? They're significantly worse than Abbott such far right extremism will never have it's day: http://www.ldp.org.au/index.php/policies/1155-health-returning-control-to-the-consumer

Anyways I digress, are you angry at primarily Napthine or Andrews in regards to this "waste"? Napthine is responsible for both the 420m and 18b "wastes". Labor wouldn't have proceeded with the contract (-->$0 waste) hence Napthine shares at least some accountability for the 420 million payout.

So it then technically comes down to Andrews/Napthine costing us 420 million vs Napthine costing us 18 billion correct? And with only 9-10 billion of that 18 billion coming back to the taxpayer.

Reason I was so outraged is because you appeared to be pointing the blame at Andrews out of all premiers for wasting taxdollars.

Last edited:

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
LDP? They're significantly worse than Abbott such far right extremism will never have it's day: http://www.ldp.org.au/index.php/policies/1155-health-returning-control-to-the-consumer

Stop talking crap. If you think "far right extremist" parties support gay marriage, abortion, legalisation of drugs etc then at least you're honest enough to display your stupidity for all to see. Either you don't know what far right extremism is or you know jack s**t about the LDP's social stances.

Either way, you're clueless.

Anyways I digress, are you angry at primarily Napthine or Andrews in regards to this waste? Napthine is responsible for both the 420m and 18b depending on how you see it. Labor wouldn't have proceed with the contract which is why Napthine shares some accountability for the 420 billion dollar payout.

I'm pissed at them all. Quite sure i've already said that.

So it then technically comes down to Andrews costing us 420 million vs Napthine costing us 18 billion correct? And with only 9-10 billion of the 18 billion actually coming back to the taxpayer.

Or does it come down to we have no chance of recouping the $420 million Labor has wasted as compared to tolls recouping some of the wastage of the Liberals?

Added building it would have meant large amounts of $ going back into the economy through the jobs created and the financial boost from those wage earners putting money back into the economy.

We get $0 back from the Labor option.

Neither is accpetable. However any chanve we have to recoup Governments wastage is a better option than none.

Reason I was so outraged is because you appeared to be pointing the blame at Andrews out of all premiers to blame for this waste.

They are to blame for taking an option where we have zero chance of getting any of the money back. Gone, never to be seen again in any shape or form.

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Stop talking crap. If you think "far right extremist" parties support gay marriage, abortion, legalisation of drugs etc then at least you're honest enough to display your stupidity for all to see. Either you don't know what far right extremism is or you know jack s**t about the LDP's social stances.

I call that far right without Jesus.

I'm pissed at them all. Quite sure i've already said that.

You have a clear bias against labor :)

Or does it come down to we have no chance of recouping the $420 million Labor has wasted as compared to tolls recouping some of the wastage of the Liberals?

How are tolls an acceptable solution? They were already factored into the business case, actually it's how we became aware of the scheme to toll the road later. I'm pretty sure that return factors in the proposed toll including the duration for the project to pay itself off.

Added building it would have meant large amounts of $ going back into the economy through the jobs created and the financial boost from those wage earners putting money back into the economy.

Metro Tunnel project provides over 1000 more jobs in comparison. And actually benefits the whole region not to mention tourism and the future airport, and world class rail plans. It is also necessary along with the level crossing removals for a rowville/doncaster line, but doncaster rail likely wont happen either way.

We get $0 back from the Labor option.

How does $158 000 000 00 become $0? The rail project returns 1.90 to every dollar so we'll actually save the whole 18bil not to mention further profit, but most notably the 9-10 billion that was never ot be returned to the public via the road option. The rail project despite it's brilliant financial return was actually intended for the public benefits of the project, yet also turns out to be a blue chip investment, absolute no brainer here. Should've always been put decades before the road and Infastructure Australia agree.

Neither is accpetable. However any chanve we have to recoup Governments wastage is a better option than none.

You propose we can recover the 9-10 billion how exactly? I'll happily take the 420m loss as it is thanks, and direct my contempt towards yet another private handout at Napthine instead. I would've personally liked Andrews to alter legislation and give them nuddah, but apparently this had to be done in a brilliant way that didn't affect "sovereign risk" according to all the top Bank chiefs who reiterated the brilliance of the negotiation.

They are to blame for taking an option where we have zero chance of getting any of the money back. Gone, never to be seen again in any shape or form.

Napthines government? But Andrews recovered 17.56 bil of his mess :).

Last edited:

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
There's a protest in Melbourne CBD against the closure of remote indigenous communities. Did the Andrews government authorise this protest at peak hour on a Friday afternoon? If so, it's another ideological decision rather than one that is good for the community.

Why not hold the protest at lunchtime? There would be just as many members of the public who would become aware of the protest and the protesters might actually get some sympathy for their cause instead of just pissing people off.

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
There's a protest in Melbourne CBD against the closure of remote indigenous communities. Did the Andrews government authorise this protest at peak hour on a Friday afternoon? If so, it's another ideological decision rather than one that is good for the community.

Why not hold the protest at lunchtime? There would be just as many members of the public who would become aware of the protest and the protesters might actually get some sympathy for their cause instead of just pissing people off.

:$

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

I'm not 'pissed off' Lester. Came through the city just as it was happening-had no idea it was on. Saw it and joined in the protest before catching the train home. All good.

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Total lack of leadership from Andrews. The city grinds to a standstill because of a few self-indulgent pricks and Dan has shut himself in the can. There would have been people trying to get home to pick up their kids, families trying to get to the footy, people trying to make it to the airport to catch a flight. The Age reported that an ambulance with sirens on had to turn around.

And how many remote communities in Victoria are being shut down? Answer - zero :rolleyes:

If these morons feel so strongly about preserving dysfunctional, unviable remote communities, instead of gathering for an attention seeking, circle jerk protest that disrupts the general community, why don't they sponsor these communities themselves? Oh wait, probably because most of these twats are probably sponging off the taxpayer themselves!

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Total lack of leadership from Andrews. The city grinds to a standstill because of a few self-indulgent pricks and Dan has shut himself in the can. There would have been people trying to get home to pick up their kids, families trying to get to the footy, people trying to make it to the airport to catch a flight. The Age reported that an ambulance with sirens on had to turn around.

And how many remote communities in Victoria are being shut down? Answer - zero :rolleyes:

If these morons feel so strongly about preserving dysfunctional, unviable remote communities, instead of gathering for an attention seeking, circle jerk protest that disrupts the general community, why don't they sponsor these communities themselves? Oh wait, probably because most of these twats are probably sponging off the taxpayer themselves!
Link?

Lester Burnham

Cancelled
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Did you actually want me to click that link?

I asked you for a link, i.e. evidence.
You posted some nothingness...

I pointed out that you're Andrew Bolt.

You became confused.

Nice Rick Roll! ;)

Your post was 'Link?' I assumed it was in jest because it a total non sequitur to what I had posted.

But apparently I was supposed to interpret your one word reply and respond meaningfully to it. I don't even

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong

Haha its called democracy -enjoy it grumps.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
There was a reasonable turn out here too, this issue has really struck a chord. One thing that has never proven the right thing to do, resulting in good outcomes is forced resettlement. This has never worked in history, and yet here we find ourselves once again attempting it. It defies belief.
I agree Gough. Let them stay there and become self-sufficient!

RightorKhan

Team Captain
Feb 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure if anyone's aware but I know for a fact this government is cutting more jobs in the public service. I have a family member currently hoping to survive another restructure initiated by this government :drunk:

What's the go here? There's absolutely nothing being reported in the media. Pretty outrageous for him to break such a specific election promise. You'd think they'd be all over it lol. "No job losses/cuts to the public service", he even went into detail about how Napthine (The dimwitted prick responsible for originally initiating these "restructures") kept public service sackings hidden from the public (which he did).

Seems Andrews is happy to keep the ball rolling.

Last edited:

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if anyone's aware but I know for a fact this government is cutting more jobs in the public service. I have a family member currently hoping to survive another restructure initiated by this government :drunk:

What's the go here? There's absolutely nothing being reported in the media. Pretty outrageous for him to break such a specific election promise. You'd think they'd be all over it lol. "No job losses/cuts to the public service", he even went into detail about how Napthine (The dimwitted prick responsible for originally initiating these "restructures") kept public service sackings hidden from the public (which he did).

Simple reason: nobody cares about departmental job losses.

Play by Numbers

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
All up in Jock's icecream
AFL Club
West Coast

Are these new cuts, or part of previously planned restructure.

Back