Mod. Notice Fitzroy Dockers Vs EC Eagles Grudgematch - Melbourne based supporters

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Only 4 weeks until the 2nd derby... for a bunch of us in Melbourne another Derby is played that same day at (almost) the same intensity and skill level. ;)

For those who haven't heard of this iconic event, check out last years thread here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/east-coast-derby-this-sunday-in-melbourne.1010992/

I invite anyone who is interested to contact myself or our captain Clinteaux to register interest as we always need a few extra able bodies out there in battle.

If you can't play but still want to come down and support our team, mark the 28th of June in your calender to get down to East Brunswick to watch our game.

More details will be posted soon with training sessions and the game time.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Only 4 weeks until the 2nd derby... for a bunch of us in Melbourne another Derby is played that same day at (almost) the same intensity and skill level. ;)

For those who haven't heard of this iconic event, check out last years thread here:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/east-coast-derby-this-sunday-in-melbourne.1010992/

I invite anyone who is interested to contact myself or our captain Clinteaux to register interest as we always need a few extra able bodies out there in battle.

If you can't play but still want to come down and support our team, mark the 28th of June in your calender to get down to East Brunswick to watch our game.

More details will be posted soon with training sessions and the game time.
Do there egirls players also throw there heads back?

Clinteaux

Debutant
Apr 10, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Yes* ... does that mean you are coming Tonga Bob?

It actually looks like we might be able to have a run with the RRR community cup team as they are going to be training at the same park from 10:30am

* offers of free beer may not be honoured :D

Get Tonga Bob and young Seppo to sing along with them RRR crew, and we should have the next 15 years of cheer squad songs sorted in one training sesh...

Sorry, you were usurped by an old uni mate being in town. That, plus the lack of guaranteed beer. On the bright side said uni mate & I will be at Etihad this arvo. If you guys get to train on the ground there then we're on.

willoblue

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2009
Melbourne CBD
AFL Club
Fremantle
F@#$%^&
injured knee, has swelling. needs rest.
just when I've finally gotten into better nick.
you miss out on a soft, outside player with good skills (before), who used to be fast as well.
I'd probably have to miss because of Junior's game anyway.
Go Freo!

Clinteaux

Debutant
Apr 10, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Quick bump to let the Victorian crew that have contacted me about a run in grudgematch this year that we will be training at Fleming park in East Brunswick again this Sunday morning from 11am

hope to see a few of you down there ... Only 3 weeks to go!!

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
With just over 1 more week to the Derby, we are running around Fleming Park in East Brunswick this Sunday morning at 11am for the last training session before the big derby the week after.

Remember if you can't play but keen to watch our Freo boys take on the Eagles, keep the hours before the derby next Saturday free.

HowieD

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
AFL Club
Fremantle
With just over 1 more week to the Derby, we are running around Fleming Park in East Brunswick this Sunday morning at 11am for the last training session before the big derby the week after.

Remember if you can't play but keen to watch our Freo boys take on the Eagles, keep the hours before the derby next Saturday free.

Might pop by for a session. I'll check with the missus. May even get the okay to play if there are spots next week.

Does it matter if I'm carrying > 20% body fat?????

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Might pop by for a session. I'll check with the missus. May even get the okay to play if there are spots next week.

Does it matter if I'm carrying > 20% body fat?????
We don't judge on size and skill, its all for a bit of fun. You could be 90% BF and still would get a run with us.

We are also after a banner slogan which I will be making next week.

In the last 2 banners we have had:
Dockers Vs Duckers
Anchors Vs w***ers

We don't judge on size and skill, its all for a bit of fun. You could be 90% BF and still would get a run with us.

We are also after a banner slogan which I will be making next week.

In the last 2 banners we have had:
Dockers Vs Duckers
Anchors Vs ******s
The Hard Way vs Chardonnay

Do the Fitzroy Dockers team treat this match as a GF aswell?
Just once it would be nice to actually see an original sledge.

You've got one week till the Derby to think of one.

Time starts........ Now.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Hi all!

The big game is only a few days away. The game will be played at a new venue (not at Fleming Park)
Game time - 12pm arrival for a 1pm start this Saturday the 28th of June
Location - Allard Park, East Brunswick

Feel free to come down and show your support.

We will be all heading to the Great Northern Hotel to watch the game afterwards.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Went down by 2 goals in very blustery conditions. All the goals scored at 1 end of the ground. The eagles had 2 big units that marked everything parked at FB and CHB.

I managed to kick 1.1 and had around 7 disposals. Cramped up towards the end of the match and doing a heap of recovery today.

Next year will be the comps 10th year so we need to recruit some talls. They were the difference on the day.

Back