Fitzroy v Old Melbournians

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
A big game for the Boys from Old Fitzroy: another narrow loss and we are in the relegation zone; a win and all things are possible. I am doing my bit from Rome. I have lit a candle at Saint Giovanni in Latero, Saint Peter's at the Vatican, Santa Maria del Popolo amongst others and had my three wishes at each church. One of my wishes is that we win more centre square clearances. The second is that we kick more goals. The third is for my mother (as it should be).

I will be in computer range when the match starts so put up scores or put them on the Tramconductors. The VAFA score service is unreliable.

Go Roys.

we're under siege

Angiolella Edwards Ligris
Baker Ellis Moore
Bisetto Fenton Palcas
Brown Gaite Palmieri
Biscaro Green Sheedy
Cheshire Harbour Stevic
Dalton Hesse Doherty Hudson Bervege

In Biscaro Edwards Sheedy (For Kyroussis Ricco Sugre)

no Floyd this week

Saturday
Seniors v Old Melburnians,2pm, Brunswick Street Oval
Reserves v Old Melburnians, 11.40am, Brunswick Street Oval
U19s v Collegians, 2pm, Ramsden Street Oval, Clifton Hill

Sunday
Thirds v AJAX, 2pm, Gary Smorgon Oval, Albert Park
Fitzroy-ACU v Port Melbourne Colts, 12pm, J.L. Murphy Reserve, Port Melbourne

Last edited:

Has anyone, I mean anyone, shown any, I mean any, interest in the women's team? Do they get any spectators at all or are they merely something that a club dominated by public servants, dominated by let's show we are politically, socially aware (of our backsides ) would bother about?

Who saw the emails released, preseason? Did they talk about our lack of big name( or big body ) recruiting for the ( male )senior team? No they talked about the girls team.

I believe in democracy and I am a utilitarian. I do not pander to minority interests.I am the shi.. stirrer from one of the seven hills of the Eternal City.

Oh, by the way, how many games have the XX team won? Why doesn't the weekly review, that tomb of wisdom, go onto detail about our girls team? Why are they being discriminated against by official communication?

Please note that this communication has been composed under the influence of

Santa Teresa

Frascati

Superiore

Anything accurate, perceptive or enlightening is completely the fault of the wine. All the crap is the fault of Won't he Fenton's Dad, who drives sane men (and derrinalphil) to drink. Please direct communications to this web site and the Tramconductors.

Newsflash:

Itinerant Italian Imbiber too far from Lourdes to get holy water for Roys but big Matt beginning to give us a taste of “Gator…- aid…”

Matt “ ’gator” Gaite doubled over with whole body cramps and was gasping for air at times in last Saturday’s match against Old Melburnians; even in this sublux state he matched the height of most of our mosquito fleet. The two senior games that he has played and by next Saturday his six senior training sessions will form the basis of his firsts ‘preseason’ after he has progressed through the thirds and reserves. Gator has the potential, from efforts we were able to observe at Caulfield and on viewing Saturday’s match on VAFA TV, of lasting for up to 3 Quarters this week and that will lift our ruck stocks and concomitant winning chances enormously.

With a backline that may include Max Ellis ,Tom Biscaro, THB, Al “Waldorf” Green, Dan Bisetto (doubling as swing ruckman) and possibly Jack Parkinson the Roys are ready to give Gator the back up he needs. Corbin Stevic and the mosquito fleet including new boy Dale Sheedy (2 on debut) can do the job down forward as between them they have kicked 48 of our 59 goals so far this season.

Special mention for extraordinary efforts being made each week by the likes of Jack Dalton, Tom Cheshire , Cailean Moore whom along with others sometimes appear to be being edited out of what actually happens on the field in ‘neo Stalinist’ or absent minded fashion.

The challenge is there for Gator this week to aspire to the mantle of St Bede’s retired champion of their premiership campaigns of 06, 07 and 08 -Luke Wintle. As challenges go they don’t come much bigger than that in amateur football ; but then again not many come taller than the Gator.

As for you, peripatetic Phil, the Saint I’m thinking of as a suitable patron is Therese of Lisieux; reasons will be in a future report. As for your aspersions against one of our player’s father, a man well known to me, of teetotal and sober habits I’m considering sending my Counsel to the airport on your return with a writ of habeas corpus to explain yourself and more importantly to extract danegeld to pay Mick Smale the balance of our shared further sponsored player I confirmed in your absence!

One final observation: we don’t want to see the look of deepest despair we saw in the faces of Palmieri and Ellis at the end of last week’s game (and to think those good old boys were only manning the scoreboard!).

On to victory at the BSO next Saturday. Go Roys.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back