Resource Fitzroy Video - Links to moving picture media

Individual Matches & Seasons :

Rd 15 Fitzroy v Collingwood @ Victoria Park

GF Grand Final - Fitzroy v Richmond

Rd 1 Performing For The Queen

Rd 2 St Kilda v Fitzroy

Rd 1 - Fitzroy v Richmond :
Highlights

VFL Night Grand Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Bernie's Ballburster Flea accepts AMCO Herald Cup
Rd 16 Fitzroy v Hawthorn Fitzroy v Hawthorn
Rd 21 Fitzroy v Richmond

Rd 8 Fitzroy v North Melbourne @ Arden Street - "Roys Rout Roos"
Rd 10 Fitzroy v Footscray
Rd 11 Fitzroy v Geelong
Rd 13 Fitzroy v South Melbourne
Rd 16 Fitzroy v Essendon : 7's Big League
Rd 17 Fitzroy v Melbourne
Rd 18 Fitzroy v Hawthorn @ Princes Park
Rd 21 Fitzroy v Footscray
Rd EF Fitzroy v Essendon : Highlights

Rd 22 Carlton v Fitzroy - WOS Footy Panel
Club Corner
All in Vain (1980)

Rd 4 Fitzroy v South Melbourne : 7's Big League
Rd 5 Fitzroy v Essendon : 1 2
Rd 7 Fitzroy v Richmond Miracle Mork Major Scott Clayton Fitzroy v Richmond - WOS Footy Panel
Rd 9 Fitzroy banner v Geelong
Rd 13 Fitzroy v Carlton : 7's Big League
Rd 17 Lions over Tigers by a whisker The Match-Winner
EF Fitzroy v Essendon - Post-Match Interview (Ron ALexander)
End To End (1981)
Fitzroy v South Melbourne 1981
Lions v Tigers 1981
How to play the Junction into a howling northerly (1981?)
Administering a dose of Eliminitis (1981)
Roys feast on Mud Pies (1981?)
Tigers v Lions 1981
Solo Superboot (1981)
Carlson, Conlan & Quinlan combine (1981)
Lakeside Lions (1981)
Handball Championship - Graeme Hinchen v Vin Cattagio (1981)
Quinlan wins Brownlow Medal

Rd 1 Carlton v Fitzroy : The Winners Rebooted
Kickin' 'em from everywhere (1982)
Sidey (1982)
Pies v Roys (1982)

Rd 3 Fitzroy v Essendon
Rd 5 Fitzroy v Carlton Another Carlson Goal Quinlan Mark & Goal Quinlan Strong Mark What Free Kick? Conlan Goal Wilson Mark & Goal
Rd 7 Quinlan Goal Rd Carlson Goal
Rd 8 Melbourne v Fitzroy : WOS Footy Panel Club Corner
Rd 10 Michael Poynton Goal Reeves Goal Carlson Goal
Rd 13 Fitzroy v North Melbourne - Final Quarter 2 to Conlan v North Hinchen Mark Harris Goal Fitzroy Goals
Rd 14 Essendon v Fitzroy @ Windy Hill : 15 Minutes Full Match
Rd 16 Fitzroy Cheersquad
Rd 17 St Kilda v Fitzroy Rd 17 1983 VFL Park in the Damp
Rd 21 Fitzroy v Collingwood
Rd ? Superboot's Ton (1983)
Rd ? How to travel 200 yards in 15 seconds (1983)
Goal of the Year (M. Conlan) 1983
Fitzroy Lions 100 Years of Action Part 1- 1983

Rd 10 St Kilda v Fitzroy
Rd 12 Carlton v Fitzroy, VFL Park
Rd 16 Michael Reeves - Mark of the Day Brad Gotch - Goal of the Day
Rd ? Bernie's Second Ton (1984) Quinlan's 100th v St Kilda
Rd ? Flea roves to perfection (1984)
Rd ? A Pair From Pert (1984)
Rd ? And A Brace From Bernie (1984)
Rd ? Six of Conlan's 10 (1984)
WOS - Fitzroy End Of Year Awards (1984)

Rd 18 Beware of insulted unwelcome guests
Rd 19 Fitzroy v Footscray

Roys put the WIN into WINdy Hill
Raining Goals (1986)
Rds 1-5 onwards - Highlight Package Pt 1
Rd 5 Fitzroy v Hawthorn : Full Match
Rds 6-10 - Highlight Package Pt 2
Rds 11-15 - Highlight Package Pt 3
Rd 15 Fitzroy v Carlton : Full Match
Rd 16 onwards - Highlight Package Pt 4
Rd 17 Hawthorn v Fitzroy : Full Match
Rd 22 Fitzroy v Sydney
EF - Fitzroy v Essendon : Full Match (last couple of minutes) Post-Match Interviews "I'd Like To See That"
1S - Fitzroy v Sydney : Fitzroy v Sydney Post-Match Interviews Palmers Punchlines

Rd ? Brisbane v Fitzroy @ Carrara
Rd 7 Sydney v Fitzroy : Full Match
Rd 17 Fitzroy v Brisbane @ Princes Park Full Match

Rd 21 - Footscray v Fitzroy : 7's Big League
Paul Roos QUIT Smoking Campaign 1988

Rd 3 St Kilda v Fitzroy Sportsworld Panel Review
Rd 12 Brisbane v Fitzroy : Full Match
Rd 17 Richmond v Fitzroy
Rd 18 Fitzroy v Melbourne 3rd Quarter #1 Fitzroy v Melbourne 3rd Quarter #2 Fitzroy v Melbourne 3rd Quarter #3
Reserve GF - Dean Lupson John Ironmonger Doc Wheildon The Comeback (Part 1) The Comeback (Part 2) The Comeback (Part 3) The Comeback (Part 4) Full Match

Rd 12 Adelaide v Fitzroy 1st half Adelaide v Fitzroy 2nd half "Absolute Murder"
Rd 13 St Kilda v Fitzroy
Rd 24 Fitzroy v West Coast Pt 1 Fitzroy v West Coast Pt 2 Fitzroy v West Coast Pt 3 Fitzroy v West Coast Pt 4

Preseason Semi - Fitzroy v Adelaide 1st half Fitzroy v Adelaide 2nd half
Rd 4 Fitzroy v Adelaide @ Princes Park 1st half Fitzroy v Adelaide @ Princes Park 2nd half St Kilda v Fitzroy
Rd 7 Misunderstood Genius Darren Wheildon - v West Coast 1992 Fitzroy v West Coast - Entire Match
Rd 9 Fitzroy v North Melbourne
Rd 11 Fitzroy v Collingwood (entire match) Paul Roos to the rescue - vs Collingwood 1992
Rd 16 Fitzroy v Sydney
Rd 19 Fitzroy v Adelaide @ Football Park

Rd 2 - The Triumph of Good over Evil (Rd 2, 1993) Fitzroy v Carlton
Rd 4 - Fitzroy v Adelaide @ Football Park
Rd 8 - Fitzroy v West Coast Fitzroy v West Coast
Rd 9 - Fitzroy v Collingwood (entire match) Another version
Rd 10 - Fitzroy v Essendon
Rd 19 - Fitzroy v Adelaide
Rd ? Doc Wheildon goes boundary-side to challenge his skills (approx 1993)
Post-Season - It's My Treason And I'll Cry If I Want To

Fitzroy Lions 1994 - The Young Lion Cubs
Sports Tonight TV Spot pre-1994 season
Rd 2 - Essendon v Fitzroy - Rd 2, 1994 (Tim Watson's 300th) Tim Watson's 300th 'more like an eviction' Highlights

Rd 8 Penultimate Procession (win v Adelaide)

Rd 8 Fitzroy v Fremantle (entire match) The Lions Roar once more Royboys Montage #2 Pt 1 of 13-part entire match
Rd 20 Fitzroy v Brisbane (entire match)
Rd 21 Richmond v Fitzroy - Victoria says farewell Richmond v Fitzroy - entire match
Rd 22 Fremantle v Fitzroy - The end of an era Entire Match

Coburg-Fitzroy Lions Today Show Spot

Brisbane Lions Heritage Guernsey - Fitzroy Remembered

Round Unknown :
Fitzroy big win over Melbourne @ Junction in the 80s

Matchtages :
Fitzroy Great Goals - 1
Fitzroy Great Goals - 2
Fitzroy Royboys Montage - No Limit -

Historical :
Fitzroy Lions 100 Years of Action 1983 Foundation The War Years The Coaches Kevin Murray Into The 80s
Merger Mayhem
The Threat Of Extinction - The Players' Perspective

Miscellany :
Fitzroy Club Song
Fitzroy National Anthem Ad
Deep In Our Hearts Everyone Barracks For Fitzroy
C'arn The Mighty Roys
Renault F1 Team play Le Marsellaise on V10 F1 engine
Ugly Dave Gray - Come On Fitzroy TV Sport
The National performing Mr November in Fitzroy guernseys
"Royboys" Documentary (VAFA)
"Fitzroy I'm Calling You" - Don Morrison
Haydn Bunton
Life After Footy - Doc Wheildon
Grumpy Old Men - Warwick Irwin interview

Acknowledgments : 3KZ Is Football, Bomber Bears, crowtricolours, Doss, FootyGeek, Garry Wilson's Helmet, Lidge, The Lions Den, Mianfrei, mountain roy, Mighty Roar, Mobbenfuhrer, Mr Ripper, Paul D, red+black, royboy2, Roysforever, Sipossmagic

Last updated May 19 2018

adey115

Nov 16, 2001
Vic
Fitzroy side of the family.
Fitzroy Match Video Ask-And-Offer Interchange

Ok I've got the 86 Elim, and the fantastic footy flashbacks vid. I reckon theres probably plenty of others floating around.... has anyone got the 78 night flag on video?

We should set up a big footy video swap/copy service....

any ideas?

Yippyio

Mar 18, 2001
Australia
i have a heap of games on tape! i have around 15 full games, and about 20 games of highlights.
I watch them every so often!
I would have a lot more games if i didnt tape over other games! i taped every fitzroy game in the nineties off the tv but i taped over them not thinking they would be gone a few years later.

They really are a good thing to look back on for memories of games.

i dont think theres many games on video i wouldnt own but i would certainly like to be let free in channel 7s archives of football games and help myself! they would have copies of all our games from 90 onwards.

adey115

Nov 16, 2001
Vic
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by adey115
i'd still pay dosh for a look mr ripper....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh my god what was i saying....

Stocka

Feb 19, 2002
Fitzroy
Originally posted by Yippyio
i dont think theres many games on video i wouldnt own but i would certainly like to be let free in channel 7s archives of football games and help myself! they would have copies of all our games from 90 onwards.

I reckon Roys supporters, or perhaps even the club should form a committee in order to try to get ahold of all Roys archive footage from T.V. networks and past coaches - there's got to be a vast collection of fantastic stuff out there. I mean, even if an amount of money had to be paid to get ahold of it, I'm sure this is something that people would chip in for - it's certainly worth doing.

adey115

Nov 16, 2001
Vic
hmmm....

some form of 'swap' library between roy fans is what i'm suggesting. given that the name a game people charge i believe $35 a game. our memories and the afl keeps the dosh.

Paul D

Oct 19, 2000
We've got games dating back to 1981 when we got our first VCR. (People used to come round to our house and ask us what the big thing with the digital clock on the TV was...).

It's always fun to see how Peter Landy's hair changed through the decades from the early days of Sevens Big League and Drew Morphett on The Winners.

Fat Pizza

Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
Gold Coast
Fitzroy
There are 3 great Fitzroy goals I'd love to have on tape.

Two were classic Conlan, headbutt to the chest & snap over the shoulders - 1 against St Kilda's Trevor Barker & 1 against Hawthorn's Peter Russo. They were from the "Winners" era.

The 3rd was by Doc Wheildon - a midair snap from the boundary line at North Hobart. I think the game was against Hawthorn, but we copped such a shellacking, I really don't want to remember anything from the game, except Doc's miraculous goal.

Does anyone have these on tape?

Yippyio

Mar 18, 2001
Australia
The Doc Wheildon goal was against West Coast in 1992.
I believe Mr Ripper may have that on tape as i got some of my highlights off him.

The idea of getting all Fitzroys available footage through 7 networks archives, and/or anything available sounds good. I would chip in if there was a big price too pay too get the footage, as it wont always be around.
I know Channel 7 have the footage, as Name A Game only got given the certain games Channel 7 released to them to use, as i enquired how come Name a Game only had a few games from each season.
They will have an archive of full games from the nineties onwards and maybe even beforehand. Some games i would love to get which i dont have footage of is 1991 1pt win over North Melbourne, also the win over the cats that year, 1993 1pt win over Melbourne, 1994 our win over Hawthorn at waverley, and 1995 our win over st.kilda.
I would love to get full copies of our 1994 round 2 win over Essendon, and 1993 round 1 game vs Carlton.
As i said if i could help myself to Channel 7s archives i would have a good time!

adey115

Nov 16, 2001
Vic
i believe we need to create our own best of tape.

the fantastic footy flashbacks one is good, but its only 3 games... and one of them was a bloody draw!

as to micky conlan goals - he had a world of sport 'goal of the year' in the late 70s/early 80s. believe it was at the junction against st kilda, and he handballed in front of himself along the grandstand side forward pocket lake end, bounced it and snapped a ripper. also the goal at princes park vs hawthorn where he bounced it once and ran 137 miles....

rabs68

Aug 31, 2001
Fitzroy
One thing we bloody well deserve is access to our history.

Does anyone know anyone at Channel Rex that would allow us to get access to this sort of stuff.

P.S I just listened to our song again.

Stocka

Feb 19, 2002
Fitzroy
Originally posted by rabs68
One thing we bloody well deserve is access to our history.

That's a bloody interesting thought.

I know the new museum has a selection of Fitzroy memorabilia, which it displays. I assume so, on the grounds that it is preserving the heritage of what the items are associated with.

In this regard, perhaps there is some way in which channel 7 could be 'made' to give access to their collection, on similar grounds as a building being heritage listed - although, on this occasion, it's not a building that's be preserved, it's an institution.

I wonder . . .

Yippyio

Mar 18, 2001
Australia
surely channel 7 could sell the footage at a price. i mean theres not a lot of games we would want that they would have anyway. we would mainly just be after victories or our final games. i have only ever kept one game that we lost that was our loss against essendon in 93 at the MCG in which i thought was a great game of footy.

Levo

Mar 8, 2001
Bishops Stortford,UK
FITZROY
Well if someone gets in touch with Ian Cairncross who videotaped all Fitzroy games as the official video operator.
He maybe will help, but the ones when Shaw was coach have been erased, by Shaw, (Fitzroy wouldn't buy new tapes) and most of Bernies ones were pilfered (no not by me)
Also Robert Walls had a very good collection in his library, if no there contact Stephen Phillips (you know the guy on the tele), he was getting a collection together.
If thats no good contact Michael Roberts (wrote that Collingwood book) he's in the Australian Football Heritage Group, contactable through Collingwood, or even Russell Holmsby might be a chance.

Fat Pizza

Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
Gold Coast
Fitzroy
Originally posted by Yippyio
The Doc Wheildon goal was against West Coast in 1992.
I believe Mr Ripper may have that on tape as i got some of my highlights off him.

Thanks Jezza. I'll follow this up with Mr Ripper.
Thanks adey115. All Mickey Conlan's goals were worth watching. Even the points he kicked were often spectacular.

& Levo, why would anyone want to steal the videos of games Bernie coached?

Royboy Forever

Draftee
Jul 31, 2001
Vermont South
Fitzroy
For what it is worth, I think I have every game in 1986 that we won. Terrific to look back and see how good they were. What a shame they fell apart in 1987 and 1988. Who knows what might have happened if we'd taken the next step rather than fallen 2 or 3 behind.