Resource Fitzroy Video - Links to moving picture media

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed while making the new opening post index (check it out!) that I have more on Youtube that I'd never thought to post here.

So here's some :
My favourite ever match - Rd 18, 1989 (most of the Big League replay of the 3rd quarter)
[youtube]EDH0gZtrSwk[/youtube]
[youtube]cPVAwI9ejAg[/youtube]
[youtube]4wuHTRM2484[/youtube]

Sports Tonight TV Spot on Fitzroy heading into 1994 season
[youtube]b2KqoXc4JEY[/youtube]

Fitzroy v Essendon MCG 1992 Rd 2 - Tim Watson's last game "more like an eviction"
[youtube]AErkEmSNWtA[/youtube]

"I'd Like To See That" Segment on the 1986 EF Conlan Goal
[youtube]GQQR4KPPUYA[/youtube]

I also have the full matches of the 1996 win over Freo, and the win over Adelaide in Rd 4 1992.
Will get around to posting these later.

Fitzroy v Fremantle, Rd 8 1996

[youtube]U13YWZkyWns[/youtube]
[youtube]nlEUSe4Y7As[/youtube]
[youtube]ausWOf1rCGA[/youtube]
[youtube]IYWFVsGx9M8[/youtube]
[youtube]Xf4FJTXwJOc[/youtube]
[youtube]VQfL5D8Xixs[/youtube]
[youtube]WX8_X-KRjl4[/youtube]
[youtube]QphWKKOKerM[/youtube]
[youtube]JFPFEhaX9QE[/youtube]
[youtube]k2NdpAPdZ84[/youtube]
[youtube]dQHv6VHGGjU[/youtube]
[youtube]QlenJjR7sKA[/youtube]
[youtube]KIf5VtExbKQ[/youtube]

AFL Rd 4 1992 : Fitzroy v Adelaide @ Princes Park

[youtube]J4KZjco31xI[/youtube]
[youtube]MuTpooX1Nlk[/youtube]
[youtube]im7O4pCl6mA[/youtube]
[youtube]yO1vdcklN-A[/youtube]
[youtube]ZUABwFbnJ5s[/youtube]
[youtube]KeLOUysw_CQ[/youtube]
[youtube]BgtD9d4iXlw[/youtube]
[youtube]zMQIjSkWxZU[/youtube]
[youtube]ibEEVO8CDwU[/youtube]
[youtube]47Xa-n9XGoY[/youtube]
[youtube]2MiyF04llFI[/youtube]
[youtube]-KwOCwVYW4w[/youtube]
[youtube]1yfM5dMqeow[/youtube]

good evening supporters of the beloved roys. :D

today i took delivery of a dvd - this dvd is the conversion from vhs of a footy compilation video (named footy brawls) from the late 1970's, containing understandably many many snippets of roys highlights from that great era of footy. you know the sort - nasty filthy fitzroy lads taking pot shots at unsuspecting opponents :eek:

i guarantee you much of this stuff does not appear on the various early compilations channel 7 have done. despite the title it does show many highlights, not just biff.

i am seeking your resident expert on things youtube to take delivery of a copy of this dvd i am happy to send, at no cost, on the proviso you are happy to share it with your fellow fans here on BF and on youtube for all to see.

if you are that resident youtube expert, reply here and i will PM you shortly. i will ignore anyone who clearly is a noob and doesnt post youtube clips in this thread. do not PM me directly.

cheerio

today i took delivery of a dvd - this dvd is the conversion from vhs of a footy compilation video (named footy brawls) from the late 1970's, containing understandably many many snippets of roys highlights from that great era of footy. you know the sort - nasty filthy fitzroy lads taking pot shots at unsuspecting opponents :eek:

i guarantee you much of this stuff does not appear on the various early compilations channel 7 have done. despite the title it does show many highlights, not just biff.

i am seeking your resident expert on things youtube to take delivery of a copy of this dvd i am happy to send, at no cost, on the proviso you are happy to share it with your fellow fans here on BF and on youtube for all to see.

if you are that resident youtube expert, reply here and i will PM you shortly. i will ignore anyone who clearly is a noob and doesnt post youtube clips in this thread. do not PM me directly.

cheerio

my youtube name is - Riewoldt12 you can judge for yourself if im a expert or a knob :)

cheerio

thanks to giantroo of the north board for getting the dvd onto youtube.

[youtube]YvkSjsDnX6g[/youtube]

[youtube]HmqZODmehx8[/youtube]

[youtube]N50sUUdWdgY[/youtube]

im hoping we can all enjoy it for what it is - a great era.

i hope you roys fans enjoy some of the snippets in these 3 parts of 70's highlights. i enjoyed david mcmahon whacking someone. :D

As always Rip, thanks for posting these.

I especially liked the in the rooms vids after those finals wins. And not to mention Dough Wade's hiar cut in that final video - with 1 vote for Mugavin and 3 for Terry O'Neill as well. Who'd have thunk those two could be in the votes playing in an 81 team featuring Quinlan, Wilson, Alexander, Serafini and others...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hope you roys fans enjoy some of the snippets in these 3 parts of 70's highlights. i enjoyed david mcmahon whacking someone. :D

Thanks very much mate. Whether its got Fitzroy in it or not, I say nothing beats football in the 70's.

For that matter, I think sport in general was a damn side better in the 70's - cricket, footy, soccer, tennis and baseball; all the sports that really matter.

Got to love that Doug Wade, World of Sport clip. He's trying to do his review and all you can hear is the rest of the panel chattering away and trying to put him off LOL.

Mr Ripper, you are a star! Move straight to the head of the class. Are you out of footage yet?

Still going. Next up (when I find time to edit and upload) will be the '79 Arden St. game. :thumbsu:

Mate, much thanks for that clip. My absolute idol as a kid was Bob Beecroft but you just never see any footage of him. That clip you posted has him kicking goals, taking Mark of the Day and making me feel 10 again.

IF you don't have time to watch the whole clip, then just tune in for the last 30 seconds. Jonathan Brown's uncle plays on from the point kick in. Runs a mile and kicks it in true Mugavin style (ie. shocking), wonky bounce, Roys drive it forward, Beecroft mark not paid and the opportunistic Max Richardson scouts it and runs into the open goal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hadn't Max just celebrated his 65th birthday on game day?!?! Hell he looked old then....

Q - who was number 11??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back