Analysis Five Things We Learned v St Kilda (Round 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

2bitHero

Debutant
May 19, 2009
Mel-burn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, San Francisco 49ers
Hi folks, back again with a bit of a look at what we can take out of our game against the Saints on Friday night.

Sneak peak, I mention the following things at least once - Travis Varcoe, Supercoach, fireworks, the price of food, the MCG, foot speed and Round 11 2014.

As always, honored to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Read here: http://www.nogreyarea.com.au/2015/04/19/9459/five-things-we

I've been saying at year, Swan will fire up this season.

Things that were learned or reinforced for me against the Saints:
* We've become slow starters or I've just started noticing that we've become slow starters;
* We're quite good at not completely losing our s*** when we give up early goals or when the opposition have momentum;
* Grundy is a budding legend, and will come on at a faster rate of development when given greater support by Witts;
* Swan still loves playing footy. When he enjoys the game, he dominates the game;
* Broomhead loves a challenge. He needed to step up in the absence of Sidey and so far has done just that;
* Related to the above point, I love T. Broomhead. Very much. It feels so right so it can't be wrong;
* A Ramsay sceptic most days, he seems composed out there at the moment and should be given more games;
* I've learned that I now expect Trav to miss the sitters, and to bang home the hard ones. He's sort of reliable in this regard, which is odd;
* Varcoe--I'm still not sure what to expect of him but it takes time to fit into a team, and the heart he showed on Friday will help that process.

There are plenty of other observations to be made about our developing team, but next week is a better test for us. Our two wins this year have been against solid spoon contenders. The Bombers on a big stage will pose different challenges, but as long as we can suck out a similar list of positives after the game then the future will still look bright.

Things that were learned or reinforced for me against the Saints:
* We've become slow starters or I've just started noticing that we've become slow starters;
* We're quite good at not completely losing our s*** when we give up early goals or when the opposition have momentum;
* Grundy is a budding legend, and will come on at a faster rate of development when given greater support by Witts;
* Swan still loves playing footy. When he enjoys the game, he dominates the game;
* Broomhead loves a challenge. He needed to step up in the absence of Sidey and so far has done just that;
* Related to the above point, I love T. Broomhead. Very much. It feels so right so it can't be wrong;
* A Ramsay sceptic most days, he seems composed out there at the moment and should be given more games;
* I've learned that I now expect Trav to miss the sitters, and to bang home the hard ones. He's sort of reliable in this regard, which is odd;
* Varcoe--I'm still not sure what to expect of him but it takes time to fit into a team, and the heart he showed on Friday will help that process.

There are plenty of other observations to be made about our developing team, but next week is a better test for us. Our two wins this year have been against solid spoon contenders. The Bombers on a big stage will pose different challenges, but as long as we can suck out a similar list of positives after the game then the future will still look bright.
Fair points all round

1. Broomhead has covered steele so well, is actually a beautiful kick.
2. Grundy keeps getting better and better.
3. Swanny could well and truley be back.
4. Dwyer loves to get into dangerous positions up fwd.
5. We still have the goalkicking power to score monster scores like friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back