Last edited:
191786_5511877a7cce8205527c2bd330dc364c.png

FOOTBALL LEAGUE OF OCEANIA
SEASON 2016

Twenty teams.

Nineteen rounds.

One league.

One champion.

The 2016 FLO season is a European football style competition with no finals series, hence it will have a "first past the post" championship system. In both season and ANZA Cup matches, three votes for your design will equal one goal. In the case of a draw in a Cup match, there will be a 24 hour extra-time system that will be determined purely on vote numbers. Matches will otherwise go for three days at a time.

In the season, a win will earn three points, a draw one and a loss none.

In the ANZA Cup, the first round will feature all 20 teams in competition, with the ten winners advancing to the second round, along with the six closest losing sides, creating a sixteen team second round.

If you are the home team, your home kit will be used. If you are the away team, your away kit will be used unless it clashes with the home kit in which case your home will be used.

Let the games begin!​
Not starting any plagiarist war, but Raysox's Major League Yakball logo is quite similar to the FLO logo.
MLY.png

Not starting any plagiarist war, but Raysox's Major League Yakball logo is quite similar to the FLO logo.
MLY.png

Yeah, I actually did base the concept off it.

If you're trying to make a point based off of our argument the other day- once again, this logo isn't being used in competition with other designers, and all work within the logo was original.

Don't pretend you're not trying to start an issue, you obviously have an issue with me after I called out people ripping other designers and you're trying to show me up as a hypocrite, but I'm going to finish it with this- my issue isn't with people using other designs or concepts, I don't care if people use other work as inspiration in their designs. My issue is with people on this forum ripping the concepts of fellow designers that they are in competition with.

I know your name is Spanna, but that doesn't mean you have to be a tool.

Last edited:

If you're trying to make a point based off of our argument the other day- once again, this logo isn't being used in competition with other designers, and all work within the logo was original.

Don't pretend you're not trying to start an issue, you obviously have an issue with me after I called out people ripping other designers and you're trying to show me up as a hypocrite, but I'm going to finish it with this- my issue isn't with people using other designs or concepts, I don't care if people use other work as inspiration in their designs. My issue is with people on this forum ripping the concepts of fellow designers that they are in competition with.

It does put you on a bit of a shaky foundation, but also it pays to note:
"Each kit will contain a shirt (front and back), shorts and socks- plus your club logo (to be an original design)"

The competition logo was not subject to competition rules, therefore while it is sort of "plagiarism", in this case the only person affected is Raysox, rather than 19 other users who are competing against "original logos" that are anything but. #StandByFreighty

There is a big difference between borrowing design ideas for a league logo that everyone uses and borrowing design ideas for a competition where you're competing against others.

I have no real issue with it, although I will say that i'm a little surprised FruitTrain didn't make something without such a clear influence from an existing design, right down to the colours. He's certainly capable of doing so. Probably something better.

Just because I posted something relating to an earlier issue doesn't mean I'm lumbering along a grudge. I just thought it was an intriguing point of interest. There is no need for you to throw the toys out of the cot! Take what I said or leave it instead of trying to be a hero.

Btw, SFA s**t posting doesn't get me down. I've heard the Spanna=tool one before.

Just because I posted something relating to an earlier issue doesn't mean I'm lumbering along a grudge. I just thought it was an intriguing point of interest. There is no need for you to throw the toys out of the cot! Take what I said or leave it instead of trying to be a hero.

Btw, SFA s**t posting doesn't get me down. I've heard the Spanna=tool one before.

Why? What's the point of interest here? I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here.

Also to clarify, yeah, I probably could have gone in a more original direction with the logo but ultimately I wanted a hexagonical logo (symbolic of a panel on a football) and I was always going to go with blue and gold- finding that was pretty much a perfect representation of what I was going for.

It is 100% my work, though.

Why? What's the point of interest here? I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here.

The point of interest? I found another design that is similar to your league logo, from a designer who people on this board have JOKINGLY rumoured was you.

What am I trying to accomplish? What are you trying to accomplish by calling me a laughable term such as "Spanna the tool"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANZA Cup Announcement

Ahead of the initial round of the inaugural ANZA Cup, the first round has been drawn up (using a random number generator) with all twenty teams. All winning teams will advance to the Round of Sixteen, as well as the six closest losing teams. In the ANZA Cup, the usual FLO scoring system will not be in place, and as such, scores will purely be vote numbers.

Each round, like the UEFA Champions League, will be randomly generated from the pool of teams left in the competition.

Here is the draw of the first round.

43fb76d99b.png

I'm sure this had already been covered but do votes roll over?

As in, if someone got 2 votes for every round in the season, would they have 0 goals, given they did not score a goal in any match, or 12 goals, given they scored 38 points over the season?

I assume the former.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back