Flogs in the system that make me even more greatful for clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

theonico

Team Captain
Nov 21, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hird. Self explanatory hopefully tomorrow is the last time he graces the corridors if coaching.

Malthouse. Look at how pathetic he was over Waite and the sanctimony of his house. Compare that to how we handled buddy leaving. Even showing so much class we gave him a Montage at last ears b and f.

Buckley. Single handedly dismantling a. Premiership team. I couldn't have done it better myself.

Hird. Self explanatory hopefully tomorrow is the last time he graces the corridors if coaching.

Malthouse. Look at how pathetic he was over Waite and the sanctimony of his house. Compare that to how we handled buddy leaving. Even showing so much class we gave him a Montage at last ears b and f.

Buckley. Single handedly dismantling a. washed up premiership team. I couldn't have done it better myself.
Fixed. Buckley is doing the right thing, getting rid of the guys who are not going to be around for their next premiership tilt. Were unlucky not to make the finals this year due to a fair few injuries including that game against Brisbane. I still think Buckley is a good option for Collingwood and would give him at least another 2 years as the main man.

Buckley. Single handedly dismantling a. Premiership team. I couldn't have done it better myself.

I can't begin to express my deepest sympathies at the fact that you live in Geelong....A cruel twist of fate indeed!....How you have managed to maintain your sanity to survive & endure through the years 2009-2012, is testament to your perseverance!....Kudos!

As for Hird & Buckley!....Ego alone just doesn't get the job done when you're the big cheese!

I think Buckley knows footy and knows how he wants it to be played. Just don't think he has the players with the skill set to implement it against the better teams.

I agree with your first two points (knows footy and knows how he wants it to be played), but I think his problem is he doesn't have the right people skills to get his players to do it. He seems to manage to get a lot of them offside one way or another.

You forgot the Scotts and their whinging and whining. (Although since the 'mission accomplished' scandal, Chris made himself good for a few laughs).

I think Buckley knows footy and knows how he wants it to be played. Just don't think he has the players with the skill set to implement it against the better teams.
Similar to us in 09/10. Clarko changed how he wanted us to play but the cattle were not up to it across the board. That's what I like about all these teams in 2013 /2014 copying our gameplan. They are 3 years behind being able to get it going and by that stage we will be leading the pack in another game plan. Anyone notice the HUGE resurgence of the cluster in the GF. I love Clarko. Losing him would be the most damaging this for this club, he will be regarded with Kennedy and Jeans with time.

Similar to us in 09/10. Clarko changed how he wanted us to play but the cattle were not up to it across the board. That's what I like about all these teams in 2013 /2014 copying our gameplan. They are 3 years behind being able to get it going and by that stage we will be leading the pack in another game plan. Anyone notice the HUGE resurgence of the cluster in the GF. I love Clarko. Losing him would be the most damaging this for this club, he will be regarded with Kennedy and Jeans with time.

They are special coaches especially in the hearts of us Hawks fans, but the guy we've got now might be better than them in time. I think he is coaching in a harder era, and might be tactically better than them. Just my opinion.

They are special coaches especially in the hearts of us Hawks fans, but the guy we've got now might be better than them in time. Just my opinion.

Clarko has way more help, assistants & a fully competent & professional organisation about him than Kennedy & Jeans ever had!

Clarko has way more help, assistants & a fully competent & professional organisation about him than Kennedy & Jeans ever had!

Completely agree. If we look at how footy clubs are managed these days it is big org in every way. Org structures, technology, processes, governance etc. Very different era. It's like comparing apples and oranges and would prefer people didn't make comparisons.

They are special coaches especially in the hearts of us Hawks fans, but the guy we've got now might be better than them in time. I think he is coaching in a harder era, and might be tactically better than them. Just my opinion.
He has more assistance in getting where we are though. Kennedy took this club and dragged it kicking and screaming into success. He will always be the most admired Hawks figure to me and I am not even old enough to have been around when he did it. Clarko is in a much harder era for success, and he faces more opponents than either of the other 2. He would be my pick for strategy over any other coach I have ever seen. He is a footy genius, without a doubt

He has more assistance in getting where we are though. Kennedy took this club and dragged it kicking and screaming into success. He will always be the most admired Hawks figure to me and I am not even old enough to have been around when he did it. Clarko is in a much harder era for success, and he faces more opponents than either of the other 2. He would be my pick for strategy over any other coach I have ever seen. He is a footy genius, without a doubt

You'd do well to remember that such 'strategies' are picked up by him & his assistants whilst overseas on Footy funded trips by the club, to specified locations & other cutting edged organisations to keep us ahead of the pack. Not to mention the funding with regards state of the art technology for statistical analyses, sports-science, remedial treatment etc, etc!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd do well to remember that such 'strategies' are picked up by him & his assistants whilst overseas on Footy funded trips by the club, to specified locations & other cutting edged organisations to keep us ahead of the pack. Not to mention the funding with regards state of the art technology for statistical analyses, sports-science, remedial treatment etc, etc!
Are you saying he has no input as to where he goes, and no reason to target such "specified" locations. He is a scholar, he has ideas on what he thinks works, strategies and he goes to visit relevant organisations to learn more about them in practice. Clarko wouldn't leave much to chance. Clarko is the driving force behind the ideas and direction that he wants this team to play. He is lucky to have the resource to investigate these strategies fully.

What's Justin Leppitsch ever done to you???

But yeah, very happy with Clarko.

Also think he's one of the few coaches that does actually care about the game as a whole, not just their little patch of it.

What's Justin Leppitsch ever done to you???

But yeah, very happy with Clarko.

Also think he's one of the few coaches that does actually care about the game as a whole, not just their little patch of it.

- Buckley, Hird and the Scott brothers fit the thread criteria and are flogs.

- I respect Roos and Lyon moreso than those guys because at least they are thinking strategically; but their strategies make me grateful for Clarkson.

- Leppitsch, Longmire and Hardwick just aren't cut from the same clothe as Clarko when it comes to coaching; making me grateful.

- I didn't put Simpson, Richardson, Cameron or McCartney because I haven't seen them enough.

- Gold Coast and Adelaide don't have a coach.

- I think Hinkley and Malthouse are good. At the end of their careers, I would expect to order it: Clarkson > Hinkley > Malthouse > the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back