Foo Fighters - Something from Nothing and Sonic Highways

Remove this Banner Ad

Not their best work. Congregation and Outside my favourite tracks.

I'm enjoying their HBO series though. A bit surprised that more people aren't watching it.
I'm really enjoying it, actually started listening to Zac Brown band because of it

Not their best work. Congregation and Outside my favourite tracks.

I'm enjoying their HBO series though. A bit surprised that more people aren't watching it.

Have seen 2 episodes and it looks very enjoyable, surely a dvd release will be on the way.

Dave Grohl has the right personality to make documentaries and seems to be able to get people to open up, hopefully he has a few more ideas up his sleeve.

Went to the Melbourne Concert and was a pretty good show. Massive crowd and they do rock the s**t out of the joint. Not sure 5 covers in a row to start the encore works but overall loved it, had a pretty good position and crowd was pretty good.

However if i was a massive fan i would get pretty annoyed with the exact same setlist every show (or near enough to it). When you realise the setlist is the same it makes it all seem so rehearsed. Plus you dont need extended guitar jams every single song.

It was terrible

the foo fighters are terrible and I can't believe they butchered Bowie and Mercury like they did...

I also don't understand why you would go to the Docklands to be crammed in with 60,000 others to watch mediocre, 'safe', boring, rock like that and pay over $150 for the privilege..... he didn't even sing the screaming part in Monkey Wrench...

When you realise the setlist is the same it makes it all seem so rehearsed.

funny that

I didn't hear the whole set because I was working (and frankly, not really that interested..) but pretty sure they only played 'This is a Call' from their first album...

despite this, they still thought it ok to sell a $50 wall flag depicting the gun from the first album... $50...

I didn't hear the whole set because I was working (and frankly, not really that interested..) but pretty sure they only played 'This is a Call' from their first album...

despite this, they still thought it ok to sell a $50 wall flag depicting the gun from the first album... $50...
Music merch is ridiculously expensive at shows, regardless of who's playing.

Thought for a band that has so much material four cover songs was about three too many. He lost the crowd with the covers and never really got them back. I am a big fan but thought it was easily my most disappointing Foo Fighters gig.

Went to the Hobart show on Monday. Played about 5 different songs that the other shows didn't get and only one cover.

Pretty good show but the extended solos for nearly every song was getting on my nerves and I was pretty worn out towards the end.

We got the screaming part for "Monkey Wrench".

Rise Against were ******* awesome! I actually enjoyed them more than the Foos. Short and sweet set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the Hobart show on Monday. Played about 5 different songs that the other shows didn't get and only one cover.

Pretty good show but the extended solos for nearly every song was getting on my nerves and I was pretty worn out towards the end.

We got the screaming part for "Monkey Wrench".

Rise Against were ******* awesome! I actually enjoyed them more than the Foos. Short and sweet set.

Yeah just checked out your setlist not bad at all. The cover versions were ok but I bought a ticket to hear Foo Fighter songs. Just way too many.

It isn't Nirvana.

Been listening to the album for the last day. It's very different to hear the songs after watching the accompanying episode. But I will say that I absolutely love Outside. One of the biggest non-typical Foo Fighters tracks I've heard.

I see this album as a 0.5 edition even thought it's being pushed as their eight studio album. It's a concept album made under different conditions but for what it is, they've still pushed out some great tracks (Something From Nothing, The Feast and the Famine along with Outside the highlights).

I agree that the songs you mentioned are definitely the best one's from the new album and yes this is definitely a concept album.

For me Sonic Highways has been an immense disappointment. Whilst I like the idea that they're trying to honour their American musical roots, all it does is alienate fans outside of the US and falls flat in more areas. Most of the songs are weak and way too long IMO. What did I do had potential to be so much and delivered so little. Congregation is a country song and Subterranean is so bad I deleted completely from my library.
It's as if Dave got tired after travelling for as long as he and the guys did.

I've seen them a number of times in concert (their In you Honour tour was ******* EPIC) and I saw them at Etihad Stadium on their concert tour and felt a bit let down. It was not the Foos of old.
Yes I love their music & yes I love their energy but no encore. WTF is that?
And four cover songs in a row one of them Rod ******* Stewart? Please explain.
And you played Wheels??? Wheels??? It's one of their worst songs. Why not Wattershed??? Or Enough Space? Or Let it Die? Or Resolve?
It was a wham bam thank you maam concert and as soon as they were done they ****ed off stage so quickly it was if to say
'we don't give a s**t about this town let's get the * outta here.' I'm channeling Dave and his '*s' clearly.

That being said the Foo Fighters are like your kids. You love them no matter what. So next time they come back I'll want something different and not generic.
Yes we might be another stop on the road but dammit I want to feel like it's the last ******* stop and there's nothing left to lose, as it were.

Big me also. But yeah shitty that they didn't play more but chose Rod Stewart ffs.

Big me also. But yeah shitty that they didn't play more but chose Rod Stewart ffs.

It's by Faces who were a great band back when Rod actually rocked.

Went last night and wasn't disappointed, worth $150, Got 4 shitty mid strength beers when I got there and didn't get bored enough to get anymore beers until it was finished.

I read they cut about five songs from your concert due to Dave's voice giving out but as long as you enjoyed it guess that's all that matters.

I read they cut about five songs from your concert due to Dave's voice giving out but as long as you enjoyed it guess that's all that matters.
Lol, Foo Fighters started at 7:45pm and didn't finish until after 10pm, I don't know how long people expect concerts to be, I'm sure they played more songs than last time I saw them at Burswood.

My only concern is the beer was warm and not strong enough, I guess people will always find a reason to piss and moan.

Also, I find it ridiculous to find people that didn't even take the time to go see the show for themselves are trying to be negative about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back