Food, Drink & Dining Out Food battles- Tim Tams V Wagon Wheels

Remove this Banner Ad

My Mum used to buy me WW every Friday afternoon back in the 70's...dunno if its that nice memory or the taste...WW taste hasn't changed...the double choc ones are awesome.

Can you shut up. Im getting hungry and craving one now! lol. :p

Wagon Wheels used to be a lot bigger and just awesome in taste.

Or maybe I have grown up? has the taste changed for wagon wheels?

They were a lot bigger in the past.

Tim Tams all the way.

And they satisfy women, almost as much as I do

timtams1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been many debates amongst fans of the biscuit about the size. Wagon Wheels have supposedly shrunk in size as time has progressed, but Burton's Foods Ltd have denied this. It has been suggested that the supposed shrinkage is due to an adult's fond childhood memory of eating a Wagon Wheel held in a much smaller hand. In Australia however, Arnott's have stated that tray packs of Wagon Wheels were in fact Mini Wagon Wheels and have re-released the original 48g Wagon Wheels.[2]

The original factory which produced the biscuit in Slough during the early 1980s were transferred to an updated and modern factory in Llantarnam in South Wales. The original factory in Slough produced the biscuit with crinkled edges and corn cobbs rather than the updated smoother edges. This caused the overall diameter of the biscuit to shrink slightly, but not as much as fans of the biscuit believe.

Also, although the UK Wagon Wheel has barely shrunk, it is still noticeably smaller than the Australian equivalent. The diameter of the Australian version is measured at 88 mm which is 14 mm larger than the UK version. Even though the Australian version is wider in diameter, the UK Wagon Wheel is notably thicker by 4 mm.

As of October 2006, the Canadian Wagon Wheel measured 70mm x 17mm

There have been many debates amongst fans of the biscuit about the size. Wagon Wheels have supposedly shrunk in size as time has progressed, but Burton's Foods Ltd have denied this. It has been suggested that the supposed shrinkage is due to an adult's fond childhood memory of eating a Wagon Wheel held in a much smaller hand.

Excited-fat-kid-wrestling-fan.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back