Resource Footage of old Geelong matches on television, VHS, DVD, digital and online

Remove this Banner Ad

the gold trophy at the end of a successful football season is singing the song after the game, the drunken festivities on the saturday night, the smug look on your face when you go to work on Monday morning and being able to watch the game over and over again. The last of those is the only thing that you get to keep. if it bores you to watch the Grand final then i dont see the point of watching games during the season. Im guessing youre not the type that used to rush home after the game to watch the replay back in the old days.

No I don't watch the Grand Final (07, 09, or 11) over & over again. I do occasionally watch the highlights, and I often smile & salute the 3 GF posters on the wall as I pass, but I do watch the games during the season hoping of course for another poster on the wall.

Seeds, that's called looking to the future, rather than spending hours in your bedroom blu-tacked to the past.

I suspect CS, MC & players are more focused on what is ahead than behind.

No sure that bolded comment makes too much sense. Its not where you've been, its where you are going. 2 other teams have a grannie since our last - I want another one

Last edited:
guys

i am searching for a cats preseason game from season 1988, to add to my collection, it was the first round match v st kilda, played at vfl park on a sunday afternoon.

this game was won by Geelong 12.7.79 to 7.15.59, and was televised by channel 7.

i have tried ch 7, name a game/sports delivered, as well as the 2 competing clubs, nobody can help me.

Can anyone on here possibly assist me at all with this game?

any assistance would be very much appreciated

thank you

Agree with most of your comments Seeds but do like to watch the replay as I can really see the play, who did what etc that is missed watching the game live. But only if we win.
Many times come home thinking gee that player had a quiet day and then watch the replay to see the little things, that turn into big things, that they have done.
And of course to just glory in another win. Still get stressed though watching that prelim against North which Ablett wins with a goal after the siren, with Colbert dithering ball in hand with seconds to go. Just kick it!!!!!!!

Hi
Does anyone have a copy of 2000 Round 18 Geelong v Adelaide?
Id love to get a copy, Ronnie Burns kicks 4 goals vs us, Joel Corey in his second game kicks his first, close encounter at Skilled

Happy to swap for it or buy or copy to dvd if its a vhs, unfortunately I ordered it from Name a Game and the master didnt work, four Adelaide games are unavailable from season 2000 of Adelaides games alone :(
any help will be highly appreciated

cheers
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I am after the 2000 Round 18 clash between Geelong and Adelaide, I have all other home and away clashes between the two clubs

I tried this a few months back but didnt have any luck, I am after the round 18 2000 clash between the Cats and the Crows, if any one has this on video or dvd please let me know, id love to buy it or trade for it. I have tried Name a Game but its one of quite a few they have lost or damaged, in fact all 7 games im after are on their website but last time I ordered them I was asked if I wanted a refund or to pick something else as they had lost them

any help would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Kind regards
Steve

Hi there

does anyone have a copy of this game? round 17 2000
Its one of the last games I need to complete my collection
if any one has it or knows someone who may be able to help please let me know

Ive tried Name a Game, the AFL Facebook 7 etc but no such luck

cheers
Steve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Saturday (6th) in the match played on the Gold Coast at Southport in front of 12,000, LEIGH MATTHEWS and his staff made an embarrassing entry when Brisbane were caught with too many players on the field in the third quarter. Had it been a premiership match they would have had their score wiped off the board.
In a severe blow from the hit out, Geelong captain LEIGH COLBERT and teammate MARC WOOLNOUGH both suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage to their left knees — tests confirmed both will miss the season for reconstructions.BRISBANE 8.9-57 (McRae 2, Molloy 2, Ashcroft, Heuskes, White, Lappin) best, Leppitsch, Kennedy, Akermanis, GEELONG 7.9-51 (Bizzell, Mooney, Bamford, Arnott, Mensch, Wood, T.Lynch) best, Sanderson, Bizzell, Bamford.

http://footystats.freeservers.com/Special/1999review.html

I think he did his knee in his first practice game [not NAB Cup] in a game somewhere in QLD [Cairns ?].
Did another Geelong player also do their knee in the same game ?

I think Marc Woolnough was the other player who did his knee in the same game.

On Saturday (6th) in the match played on the Gold Coast at Southport in front of 12,000, LEIGH MATTHEWS and his staff made an embarrassing entry when Brisbane were caught with too many players on the field in the third quarter. Had it been a premiership match they would have had their score wiped off the board.
In a severe blow from the hit out, Geelong captain LEIGH COLBERT and teammate MARC WOOLNOUGH both suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage to their left knees — tests confirmed both will miss the season for reconstructions.BRISBANE 8.9-57 (McRae 2, Molloy 2, Ashcroft, Heuskes, White, Lappin) best, Leppitsch, Kennedy, Akermanis, GEELONG 7.9-51 (Bizzell, Mooney, Bamford, Arnott, Mensch, Wood, T.Lynch) best, Sanderson, Bizzell, Bamford.

http://footystats.freeservers.com/Special/1999review.html
Gee you would think they would lead with the Colbert story not chuck it in the second paragraph.

Fox Footy will be playing old Geelong games for the entire day on 9 February:

00:30AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2007 PF#1, Geelong v Collingwood
02:30AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2007 Grand Final, Geelong v Port Ade
05:00AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2009 Grand Final St Kilda v Geelong
07:00AM
FOX Footy