Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am aware of that, yes.

I thought you'd be pleased that Hull screwed me but still won :p

Spoke too soon, but we did win it in the end on penalties. Sky showed them live so that was fun. We tried our hardest to lose lol.

Aside from recent results, it does look to be an interesting choice. Come to think of it, most of the bets are on Championship teams, just based on more knowledge.

MK Dons I feel have done pretty decently in bringing in talent to strengthen their case to stay in the division. They are certainly taking serious effort in staying up. As I've noted, it is a very well run club, they will make sure they put away Orient. As you've noted, while MK Dons went up, Orient went down and lost some good players in Cuthbert and Dagnall.

One also has to remember that the Dons do take cup games seriously. They won by some decent margins and against decent opposition too (United 4-0, remember?).

I think the biggest telling factor? 6-1 last time this fixture was played at stadium.mk.

Yeah, I think you can see why people will back MK.

Personally, I think there's some decent value to be found with Northampton Town if anyone's willing to go for it. Yeah, they're favourites, but it's decent value. (Then again, I don't gamble, lol.)

Now what the heck did I just say? You guys going for the simple Championship over Weaker Opposition, and yet miss out on the good value! Heck yeah, Northampton Town! It's like I'm offering a briefcase of money, and no one takes up my offer despite the free money... (OK, seriously, no, I'm not going there. Yes, I'll admit I don't put my money where my word is at either, lol.)

Though disregard the Super Cup match. Good lord, I'm a fool. Should've expected better from Sevilla. A freakin' bacterial infection doesn't stop their strikers from landing some pain! Of course, that match was out of the ordinary, but it does raise one point: Please do that for real in La Liga!

Now what the heck did I just say? You guys going for the simple Championship over Weaker Opposition, and yet miss out on the good value! Heck yeah, Northampton Town! It's like I'm offering a briefcase of money, and no one takes up my offer despite the free money... (OK, seriously, no, I'm not going there. Yes, I'll admit I don't put my money where my word is at either, lol.)

Though disregard the Super Cup match. Good lord, I'm a fool. Should've expected better from Sevilla. A freakin' bacterial infection doesn't stop their strikers from landing some pain! Of course, that match was out of the ordinary, but it does raise one point: Please do that for real in La Liga!

Feel free to keep offering tips. ;)

Had a really good morning in the Capital One Cup, with all bets somehow coming off. Didn't touch the MK Dons game in the end, but I suppose they scraped through!

Portsmouth vs. Derby should be an interesting one tomorrow morning - the favourite to win League Two against the second favourite to win the Championship.

Had a really good morning in the Capital One Cup, with all bets somehow coming off. Didn't touch the MK Dons game in the end, but I suppose they scraped through!

Portsmouth vs. Derby should be an interesting one tomorrow morning - the favourite to win League Two against the second favourite to win the Championship.
I'm already on again for tomorrow. It's hard to know how competitive the games will be until you see the team that's listed to play.

I'm already on again for tomorrow. It's hard to know how competitive the games will be until you see the team that's listed to play.

That's the gamble. When teams were announced I would have said betting on Hull was a great move considering how strong our team was, but of course we struggled through. So hard to predict the cup ties, which is where the value comes from!

The issue with Derby is with Hughes' injury they may well take a cautious approach to protect their promotion chances, or they may go for it to get some winning form into the side.

That's the gamble. When teams were announced I would have said betting on Hull was a great move considering how strong our team was, but of course we struggled through. So hard to predict the cup ties, which is where the value comes from!

The issue with Derby is with Hughes' injury they may well take a cautious approach to protect their promotion chances, or they may go for it to get some winning form into the side.
Yeah I'm spewing about Hull tbh. I thought that would have been one of the sure legs (having put them in all 3 multi's haha).

I've played around with it a bit tomorrow.

Have Derbyand Boro to win outright, into Leeds and Preston to qualify for the next round. The last 2 gives me a bit more wiggle room.

Yeah I'm spewing about Hull tbh. I thought that would have been one of the sure legs (having put them in all 3 multi's haha).

Have Derbyand Boro to win outright, into Leeds and Preston to qualify for the next round. The last 2 gives me a bit more wiggle room.

I've found if I ever have a certainty in more than one multi, that's the leg guaranteed not to come off. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am starting to see that trend :cry:

I'm starting to do a few more singles and doubles as well, just so I get something back if I pick 2 out of 3 legs etc.

My singles have helped me over the weekend and the League cup. If I hadn't gotten greedy and chucked $10 on Southampton at (-1) for $5.50, I'd be a lot healthier too.

I didn't take Hull in the end, but took Birmingham at $2.25 to win at Bristol Rovers, which I thought was good value for what looks to be an improved Championship side against a side just promoted into League Two. Just wish I had had more on it!

I've found if I ever have a certainty in more than one multi, that's the leg guaranteed not to come off. :p

Ya know, I probably should note this, but there is a reason why bigger teams do struggle sometimes against weaker teams when they play away, and that's the pitch condition. You don't get them nice and smooth the lower you go. A poorer condition pitch can often throw off the larger team since their passing is affected. This allows more opportunities for the smaller team to take advantage, since they are in their element after all.

Sure, Hull are favourites for promotion and AS are favourite for relegation, producing the largest theoretical gap of quality, but one also has to remember that smaller teams are going to put in more effort, relegation candidates or not, and if they have a home ground advantage, especially against a team that just recently got relegated from the PL, then there's more of a chance of an upset.

Of course, one also has to be aware of recent club performances. If you asked me if I was more confident between Hull and QPR's matches (same deal, but with Yeovil), I would've picked QPR, because Yeovil as a club is just shot. That's the same reason why I said Northampton was my prime pick. At home to Blackpool? Cash in!

If I had to pick a certainty, I would've said MK Dons (Thank goodness they did come back, lol.)

For the remaining matches, I would be on extremely high alert for Derby/Portsmouth. In fact, I'd say you should back Pompey on that one. I know Derby do alright for cups, but I think the pressure is really on them now. Portsmouth would be more free and would certainly be up for it, especially when its played at Fratton Park.

For the others, I'd say PNE, Boro, and to be honest, I'd back Donny. They will want revenge from this exact fixture two years ago (they lost 1-3), and Leeds is a big deal for them. Leeds don't look that sharp, and I'm sensing potential for an upset here.

Well, that's who I think will qualify, now it's time to see if I am truly an oracle, or I'm full of it. Guess we'll see over the next two days.

Ya know, I probably should note this, but there is a reason why bigger teams do struggle sometimes against weaker teams when they play away, and that's the pitch condition. You don't get them nice and smooth the lower you go. A poorer condition pitch can often throw off the larger team since their passing is affected. This allows more opportunities for the smaller team to take advantage, since they are in their element after all.

Sure, Hull are favourites for promotion and AS are favourite for relegation, producing the largest theoretical gap of quality, but one also has to remember that smaller teams are going to put in more effort, relegation candidates or not, and if they have a home ground advantage, especially against a team that just recently got relegated from the PL, then there's more of a chance of an upset.

Of course, one also has to be aware of recent club performances. If you asked me if I was more confident between Hull and QPR's matches (same deal, but with Yeovil), I would've picked QPR, because Yeovil as a club is just shot. That's the same reason why I said Northampton was my prime pick. At home to Blackpool? Cash in!

If I had to pick a certainty, I would've said MK Dons (Thank goodness they did come back, lol.)

For the remaining matches, I would be on extremely high alert for Derby/Portsmouth. In fact, I'd say you should back Pompey on that one. I know Derby do alright for cups, but I think the pressure is really on them now. Portsmouth would be more free and would certainly be up for it, especially when its played at Fratton Park.

For the others, I'd say PNE, Boro, and to be honest, I'd back Donny. They will want revenge from this exact fixture two years ago (they lost 1-3), and Leeds is a big deal for them. Leeds don't look that sharp, and I'm sensing potential for an upset here.

Well, that's who I think will qualify, now it's time to see if I am truly an oracle, or I'm full of it. Guess we'll see over the next two days.

Yeah great assessment. Add in how early this is in the season and the players from the bigger clubs likely treat these sorts of games as glorified practice matches.

Woke up, checked scores thinking I'd won 2nd big multi within couple of days.........nek minnut see hull game going to ET :( (had 30$ on it for around 560$)

O9qDEGH.jpg

Sofar on 1 win, 3 loses ( 2 lost by 1 leg each :cry: )

Woke up, checked scores thinking I'd won 2nd big multi within couple of days.........nek minnut see hull game going to ET :( (had 30$ on it for around 560$)

O9qDEGH.jpg

Sofar on 1 win, 3 loses ( 2 lost by 1 leg each :cry: )

We were 0-0 at FT? Akpom did give us the lead shortly after though.

You were bloody lucky with MK Dons as well! :p

lol yea that Mk Dons game...

Might do a 3 fold with all 3 away teams 2night (Middles/Preston/Derby)
2238782717.gif

lol yea that Mk Dons game...

Might do a 3 fold with all 3 away teams 2night (Middles/Preston/Derby)
2238782717.gif

I've gone Portsmouth/Preston/Boro so if you do your one, odds are one of us will be happy. :p

inb4 Derby-Pompey draw and we both crack the sads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back