Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have $10 on Aguero into Gray as top scorers of the PL and Championship, looking ok so far. Paying about $600.

Might chuck a bet on tomorrow, I'll have a look at the fixtures. C'Ship so hard to bet on though.

I have $10 on Aguero into Gray as top scorers of the PL and Championship, looking ok so far. Paying about $600.

Might chuck a bet on tomorrow, I'll have a look at the fixtures. C'Ship so hard to bet on though.

Gray will be up there :D

Agreed. But you find some good odds such as plus 1 for Boro.

Gray will be up there :D

Agreed. But you find some good odds such as plus 1 for Boro.

Possibly, but I have a sinking feeling he may head over to West Ham, which would be the worst. At least if he comes to us he's still in the league!

Yeah that's tempting.

Possibly, but I have a sinking feeling he may head over to West Ham, which would be the worst. At least if he comes to us he's still in the league!

Yeah that's tempting.

Aguero SHOULD win it. Costa and Rooney won't win it. In terms with Gray he would be a great fit at Hull and I think he will score more with the quality around him.

Aguero SHOULD win it. Costa and Rooney won't win it. In terms with Gray he would be a great fit at Hull and I think he will score more with the quality around him.

I think the move to us is all but dead which is ridiculous when we're talking a difference of opinion of 500k. Even at Brentford he should still score a lot, has already started with 2 in 2 and was involved in each of Brentford's 4 goals. He was paying $14 when I jumped on so great value.

Anyway for tomorrow morning I've got two multis:

MK Dons
Boro
Charlton
$1 @ $21.13

Ipswich
Preston/Rotherham Draw
Brighton/Huddersfield Draw
$1 @ $22.31

Championship is really tough, All three results are possible in just about every game, particularly early in the season!

Coventry to beat Crewe in League One.

Wtf so I woke up to find Boro and MK Dons winning, so wanted to cash out since Charlton weren't, but it said it was unavailable? Then seconds later Derby scores an equaliser. Why wasn't the cash out available?

The other multi looks like coming off at least.

I think the move to us is all but dead which is ridiculous when we're talking a difference of opinion of 500k. Even at Brentford he should still score a lot, has already started with 2 in 2 and was involved in each of Brentford's 4 goals. He was paying $14 when I jumped on so great value.

Anyway for tomorrow morning I've got two multis:

MK Dons
Boro
Charlton
$1 @ $21.13

Ipswich
Preston/Rotherham Draw
Brighton/Huddersfield Draw

$1 @ $22.31

Ended up with the same multi, but added ManU and Coventry. Normally chuck $10 on multis, but only had $5 on this. Can't complain though! $240 off 5!

Just out of curiosity, and since this seems to be the best topic for it, has anyone ever tried playing the Australian version of the Pools?

I have to admit that the Pools is something that you hear of in the UK, and I know I've heard of them existing in Australia, so I've decided to check it out. It seems that the matches covered are the big leagues in Europe (PL, Bundesliga, Liegue 1, Eredivisie, and the Portugese Liga). Basically, you just have to pick the 6 games you think will have the highest scoring draws out of 38. If there are less than 6 draws, than it's the biggest away wins and then biggest home wins.

I've also noticed that they only cover three of the PL games, since that's the league most people in Australia would follow. The Pools certainly has some skill to it, considering you're trying to pick the highest scoring draws, or just draws in general (0-0 is ranked higher than an away win). Of course the luck is the results going the way you think they would (which is why you've got a slight leaning to the away team winning).

The prizes are not that much in all honesty, but for fun, I suppose it works. I only just sighted this in more detail, haven't tried it myself.

I also find it interesting that it sometimes does international matches, and gives options like Bosnia vs Andorra (Tatterstall's logic: They expect that the average player knows a fair bit about the Premier League and reduces the number of PL matches, yet they think they are sill enough to believe that picking Bosnia v Andorra is a tricky option (Based on the rules of Aussie Pools, unless you seriously believe there won't be 6 draws or away wins out of 38 games, there's no reason to pick Bosnia vs Andorra)) Actually, what I find extremely amusing is that while the reserve games are usually from the other Home Nation Leagues, one of the reserve divisions is the Finnish Ykkonen, which is the 2nd tier in Finland (This is for international week, but surely there are better leagues to use than the Ykkonen. Would the lists even show the Veikkausliiga?)

But anyway, anyone ever played the Pools?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys should win , they aren't very good. Plus your at home

To be fair, two games is a hard sample to go off on how good they are, but we do have a very good record against Fulham in recent years, not to mention what happened the last time they came to the KC..

To be fair, two games is a hard sample to go off on how good they are, but we do have a very good record against Fulham in recent years, not to mention what happened the last time they came to the KC..

They are going to struggle this season and they lost a key player in Roberts to City. Atleast you have scoring power and a decent midfield

They are going to struggle this season and they lost a key player in Roberts to City. Atleast you have scoring power and a decent midfield

They've picked up Cairney who I (obviously) rate pretty highly, and they have a pretty good team. Will be an interesting one.

This week...

Man Utd/Man Utd HT-FT double
Crystal Palace WIN
West Ham WIN
Swansea WIN
Eve vs Man City +2.5 goals.

A little iffy about West Ham this week, they should get the job done, but they're without Adrian for 3 weeks which may hurt them a little.
also thinking there might be a few goals in the Eve/Man City match, 3.5+ could be a viable option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back