Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks a lot Nottingham Forrest you bunch of flogs! Cost me a £1 multi that was paying £194.

Man U win
Norwich win
Real win
Barca win
Roma win
Mersyside derby draw
NLL derby draw
Nottingham Forrest at home on top of the table 0-0 draw!

picking out draws is the hardest thing..
used to be the old system for the football pools .
you would have to pick out 7 or 8 draws on the coupon.

Just had a look at my Sky Super 6 results for the week.

Che v AV.. Me 2-0, Actual score 3-0
CP v Lei.. 2-1, 2-0
Hul v MC.. 0-2, 2-4
MU v WH.. 4-2, 2-1
Sou v QPR.. 3-1, 2-1
Sun v Swa.. 1-1, 0-0
First goal minute.. 4th minute, 5th minute

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have included Newcastle in there :(

I figured that game could legitimately have had any result so didn't want to touch it. I would honestly have gone draw or Leicester though so glad I didn't.

Having those 'Draw no bet' options are pretty good.

Although I haven't won any football bets yet this season so what would I know :drunk:

Yeah I don't understand that option on Sportsbet. Does that mean if it's a draw then you get your money back? Or is that the equivalent of TAB's 'Leicester or Draw' market?

Yeah I don't understand that option on Sportsbet. Does that mean if it's a draw then you get your money back? Or is that the equivalent of TAB's 'Leicester or Draw' market?
It becomes a void bet basically. So if you have Newcastle draw no bet and it ends in a draw, they remove that leg of your multi. The only way you could lose is if Leicester actually win the game.

The TAB market you speak of looks like the Double chance market where it can finish in either a 'Leicester win or draw'. The odds are normally much smaller.

Just to show how much fun I had on Saturday:

Was betting on the horses with a mate, but had to go out to get to the Sydney derby, so chucked all my remaining money on the horse he'd tipped and asked him to let me know the result. He told me the horse lost so I thought that was my night done, but chucked $10 on Sydney FC to win. Sydney FC go 2-0 down, think "Bugger that". They come back to win 3-2, I get out and turn my phone back on to check my winnings, suddenly have $150 in my account. Turns out I'd bet on the wrong horse race and the horse I'd bet on won. Chucked some of the winnings on the above bet. :p

Did that make sense?

It's a good way to maintain your multi when you get one of those freak results.

Yeah it does make sense, I should probably do that more often. The only reason my multi came off was because there were none of said freak draws (well except the one I picked I suppose).

West Ham were seriously paying $2.62 against Burnley? Damn the was good value.

Yeah, the market doesn't seem to have cottoned on to the fact they're actually quite good now.

I was only on the Caulfield Cup this weekend and picked that winner @ $13's.

I haven't had much luck for football so far this season. I can't help myself and just put too many legs in where one of them seem to fall down.

Yeah we were betting Caulfield Cup, but then for Race 10 I accidentally bet on the Spring Carnival haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back