Football / Coaching Department

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Goosey looks like is on way down to LHC. Probably the best forward to never get crack at AFL. Brilliant footy mind, been coach of Frankston for while now. Very highly rated and personally think he'll be great addition.
Wich is a polite way of saying he wasnt good enough :p

I get the idea that Pelch is enjoying the process of building a football team the way he want's it. I reckon he'll see it through.

The saints also have to hold its nerve as well. If not we will be back to a roller coaster ride

I get the idea that Pelch is enjoying the process of building a football team the way he want's it. I reckon he'll see it through.

He'd have to, I reckon. He's essentially crafting his personal rebuild in a lot of ways and to leave before it eventuates with the possibility of success would be crazy. He wants on his resume that he rebuilt the wooden spooners in to a finals playing team, not leaving when it's half done. That would mean his entire experience at the Saints was for nothing.

Is all this Goosey and Aussie Jones talk legit or just what posters want to see happen?

Is all this Goosey and Aussie Jones talk legit or just what posters want to see happen?

He'd have to, I reckon. He's essentially crafting his personal rebuild in a lot of ways and to leave before it eventuates with the possibility of success would be crazy. He wants on his resume that he rebuilt the wooden spooners in to a finals playing team, not leaving when it's half done. That would mean his entire experience at the Saints was for nothing.

Not just a finals playing side, a premiership winning side.

Pelican's job will be done then...& we'll immortalise him in bronze at the Junction Oval- a 15 metre high bronze Pelican overlooking St Kilda junction

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussie is a terrific coach... Very straight talker... Understands footy better than most.... He understands how to set up and transition well.

Goosey.... Sounds a bit like a goof .... But like Aussie, was an incredibly smart player, and reads the game ahead of time... Which made him a lethal forward.
Not necessarily big, not a great mark, not quick really... But just read the game quickly and timedhis leads and understood where to run.

another rant about Pelchen
Whatever... spew away.

We've actually got someone to guide the club's onfield rebuild, which we didn't have during the last generation that delivered near misses & haphazard list management.

The reason why we have only one flag is because we're always been volatile off field & chopped & changed.

Attitudes like yours have resulted in StK boards sacking coaches & continually changing course when stability is what we needed.

There's a plan in place...you've made your position very clear that you're a naysayer. Duly noted, move on.

Get McCartney, just stepped don from the Senior Coaches role at the Western Bulldogs apparently one of the best development coaches in the business played a massive role in bringing through many of the Cats stars that have turned them into a power side of the comp. Saints should move on him straight away.

Get McCartney, just stepped don from the Senior Coaches role at the Western Bulldogs apparently one of the best development coaches in the business played a massive role in bringing through many of the Cats stars that have turned them into a power side of the comp. Saints should move on him straight away.

Mate did you forget to put an emoticon on your post? Something like :p

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in McCartney. His sacking seems to be more about a terrible culture at the Bulldogs than anything else. And if he honestly lost the players because he was expecting too much of them, Richo came from Port demanding huge work ethic from the players, so I think we could handle it.

He may be out of our price range, though.

H
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in McCartney. His sacking seems to be more about a terrible culture at the Bulldogs than anything else. And if he honestly lost the players because he was expecting too much of them, Richo came from Port demanding huge work ethic from the players, so I think we could handle it.

He may be out of our price range, though.
Hopeing he wants to stay in the system and help develop a young up and coming team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back