Football / Coaching Department

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the inevitable Saintsational meltdown about hiring Jamie Cox as footy director ("He's a cheat! He's a cricketer! Why?! Why?!") and Danny Sexton as Director of Coaching ("We're going inhouse! We don't think outside the square!... er... apart from getting Cox as footy director... uh... but, but he's a cheat! He's a... etc...")

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

Hopefully he does a bit better than his role as the "high performance" manager at SACA.

For the non-cricket fans - the SACA's main team in the domestic cricket arena, the Redbacks, have been a joke of an organisation since the 90s.

Hopefully he does a bit better than his role as the "high performance" manager at SACA.

For the non-cricket fans - the SACA's main team in the domestic cricket arena, the Redbacks, have been a joke of an organisation since the 90s.

i'm sure he will

let me know when your club gets a head of football that people inside the football dept actually like and dont mind working with. or did you just sack everyone that couldnt stand him?

let me know when your club gets a head of football that people inside the football dept actually like and dont mind working with. or did you just sack everyone that couldnt stand him?

Was that dig really needed? I was just offering my view as someone who has been a close follower of the SACA over the years.

I don't know where you heard people don't like our head of football - everything off-field in the football department seems to be going ok for us. We made a profit this year, removed some of our debt and increased FD spending substantially. Seems like a happy place at WO now following that dastardly start to the trade period :)

Was that dig really needed? I was just offering my view as someone who has been a close follower of the SACA over the years.

mate, people know what angle you take with anything saints related. wanna come in here sprouting negativity, then you're going to get it straight back

mate, people know what angle you take with anything saints related. wanna come in here sprouting negativity, then you're going to get it straight back

Perhaps a stronger environment will help Cox. The SACA was pretty bad.

Evey Saints related post I have ever seen you make on the main board has been either negative or designed to get a negative response. Dont come in here and expect to be treated any differently.

Looking forward to the inevitable Saintsational meltdown about hiring Jamie Cox as footy director ("He's a cheat! He's a cricketer! Why?! Why?!") and Danny Sexton as Director of Coaching ("We're going inhouse! We don't think outside the square!... er... apart from getting Cox as footy director... uh... but, but he's a cheat! He's a... etc...")

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif
If any other club hired Jamie . Cox we would be giving them heaps for all the reasons mention above, poor decision by the club IMO. The reason other clubs supporters give us sh1t is we deserve it

How long did you work for SACA?

Evey Saints related post I have ever seen you make on the main board has been either negative or designed to get a negative response. Dont come in here and expect to be treated any differently.
No s**t. I don't mind opinions, but I hate misinformed opinions that are designed for one purpose. He was bagging our McEvoy trade because we got rid of a future leader (even tho Dunstan was SA u/18 capt. who we directly got from the trade) & replaced him with Longer who looks like a "tosser" (even tho Longer was also an U/18 capt.).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never worked for SACA, had dealings with them as a third party rep. Some good people there but the organisation has always struggled

Oh looky there - I think that's your credibility just flying out the window!

With Gil McLaughlin basically running our club along with Finnis I'm happy to trust this appointment.
Indeed. I have no idea if he will be any good, but considering the level of oversight that AFL would bring on top of the normal interview process I'm also willing to back the decision.

Have you been barred from the Bulldogs board, that you seem to be an inhabitant of ours? If so, may be a good time for you to take out a membership and be part of the 25 by 25 promotion that the club currently has on.

Be interesting to see if Jamie can advance discussions with Labour Govt on the Saints junction Oval move in conjunction with Cricket Victoria via his obvious high level cricket connections.

As a saint kilda fan who resides in sa and follows cricket, I can say that cox was not at all popular with a lot of people involved in as cricket, and this was all before he was done for approaching people outside the trade period which is not permitted in cricket. People are right to question the appointment.

As a saint kilda fan who resides in sa and follows cricket, I can say that cox was not at all popular with a lot of people involved in as cricket, and this was all before he was done for approaching people outside the trade period which is not permitted in cricket. People are right to question the appointment.
I agree just doesn't make sense this one

Well, as another st kilda fan who resides in SA and also follows cricket, I can say that cricket run here is utterly deplorable, and if Cox was questioning things here during his tenure, then I'm more likely to believe he's a great appointment. From everything I've read, Cox was trying to push our state's crappy cricket system out of the stone age, and was used as the fallguy for a widely accepted but officially tut-tutted practice.

You guys know me. If anybody is going to um-and-ah an appointment, it'll be me. But I'm not fussed by this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back