PC Football Manager 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

with 14.3 update coming out, started a new save to see if I could manage Liverpool past January. Success. But just over halfway through Chelsea are..16th!!! and Mou is still in a job.

EDIT: Man City also 10th. Pellegrini got the sack. Martinez joined Man City. They had to pay 7.5 million compo!

upload_2014-3-5_14-30-44.png

Last edited:
In my fifth season as Preston and United have been cleaning up everything while Liverpool look like they are going to be relegated.

Is it me or is there not been much variety in goals this version. Used to be a fair few screamers but don't remember scoring more than a few goals outside the box. They all seem to fly over or skim the bar. Even the goals of the year aren't very spectacular.

In my fifth season as Preston and United have been cleaning up everything while Liverpool look like they are going to be relegated.

Is it me or is there not been much variety in goals this version. Used to be a fair few screamers but don't remember scoring more than a few goals outside the box. They all seem to fly over or skim the bar. Even the goals of the year aren't very spectacular.

Can't even play matchday on my PC. Gets halfway through then just shuts down. Have to take a 1 day holiday every matchday.

Decided to do something interesting, have taken the job at Lierse (Belgian club) and the Socceroos.

Eirk Paartalu and Georgi Makaridze (Georgian goalkeeper) are both nice free transfers this update.

Have started playing this recently. Play in Classic mode so that I can skip games (takes way too f**king long otherwise) and just focus on the management side of things (which is what interests me more anyway). Playing with Chelsea, in first season, I sold Mata to Man U at the January transfer window, made no first team purchases throughout the season (just bought some promising wonderkids), ended up coming second in the league to Man U by a point (a final day loss to Man City prevented me from winning the league), and won the FA Cup and European Champion's Cup.

Second season ended up being even more successful than the first.

Tally so far:

2013/14 - 2nd in English Premier Division, English FA Cup, European Champions Cup, European Super Cup runners up
2014/15 - 2nd in English Premier Division, English FA Cup, European Champions Cup, English Community Shield, Club World Championship, European Super Cup, lost just one game after January, and undefeated after February 10th

Samuel Eto'o retired at the end of the 2014/15 season, and he scored in his final game in the European Champions Cup final.

Have acquired a heap of elite youth from around the world, and gave they surprisingly proved instrumental in the lengthy undefeated streak in the second season.

yAEk31X.jpg

Sorry for reviving this thread, but can anyone help me as to how to pass this? I must respond but the press conference has concluded.. sorry if it is an obvious answer.

Does working your arse off for 365 days a year hurt you?
I do wonder, as there's the option to take a holiday.
And there's a stat in your profile page giving you a % of time you've been on holiday.

Sometimes when I get lazy, I like to sim half a season by going on holiday, especially when I'm 7-8 years into a career.

The only thing that annoys me though is that if you have a good season and win manager of the year while on holiday, they give the award to your assistant manager instead of you (which I guess is fair enough but still) :(:D

Does working your arse off for 365 days a year hurt you?
I do wonder, as there's the option to take a holiday.
And there's a stat in your profile page giving you a % of time you've been on holiday.
An early death feature would be good incase you overwork yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it happen every time or is it a chance thing?
Pretty sure it's a chance thing. I've been playing FM since 2007 and I've never had a regen son.

My longest career was 15 years I think and I don't recall getting a regen (unless this is only possible on the newest version?)

Started a new save, and just won the 2013-14 FA Cup with Southampton, beating Chelsea in the final. Finished 12th in the Premier League too. After a poor start, had just two losses from all fixtures after January 1st. Have now qualified for the Euro Cup in 2014-15.

Progressing on, signed Victor Valdes (minus real life knee injury) on a free transfer. Bought in Chris Smalling for £7M and Nicklas Bendtner for £5.25 as well. Have hung onto the likes of Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw and Rickie Lambert too.

Southampton Senior Squad 2014-15

Goalkeepers

Victor Valdes - £5.25M
Paolo Gazzaniga - £875K
Sam Johnstone - £575K

Central Defenders

Dejan Lovren - £17.75M
Chris Smalling - £9M
Réver - £7.5M
Maya Yoshida - £2.8M

Wing Defenders

Luke Shaw - £9.5M
Nathaniel Clyne - £6M
Callum Chambers - £1.7M
Wayne Bridge - £225K

Central Midfielders

Morgan Schneiderlin - £17.5M
James Ward-Prowse - £4.7M
Jack Cork - £4.1M
Jacob Melis - £1.5M

Attacking Midfielders

Gastón Ramírez - £18.25M
Adam Lallana - £14M
Lloyd Isgove - £4.1M
Massimo Luongo - £1.7M

Forwards

Dani Osvaldo - £19.25M
Nicklas Bendtner - £6.75M
Jay Rodriguez - £4.5M
Rickie Lambert -£1.1M

Formation - 4-4-2 Attacking
Transfer Budget Remaining - £2.28M
Wage Budget Remaining - £147K per week

Young, talented, hungry squad, all contracted through to the end of 2016. Plenty of hot prospects in the U/21s and U/18s as well, so the future looks bright.

Southampton might be a great project team for players in FM2015 - they 'should' be cashed up from the player sales so have a nice transfer budget to play with!

Pretty nice squad you have there too Damon_3388 - just make sure you let Luongo go out on international duty whenever Ange comes knocking ;)

Has anyone seen an FM Story anywhere of someone taking a Skrill South to the premier league? Haven't seen one, and I'm interested to see how it can be done...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back