PC Football Manager 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain how adding players etc work? I came across some wonder kids databases tried to install it and in a new game I couldn't really find any of the players as free agents, it was as if nothing was changed. I clicked into the data editor files and selected the database I added into the folder. The only way I can get it to work is:

I went into steam workshop and subscribed to a player to download, went into game and installed it via steam workshop and it'll work in a new game.
I'd like to start as a second divisions team (not bothered what nation) and build a decent squad and work my way up.

This may be obvious but I've only really played with Everton since I started playing so not too sure how the file editing and s**t works.

I just can't play this one- I mean Filipe's overall is pretty much equal to Ryan Bertrand. Kind of makes a lot of the transfers redundant when Costa is only slightly better than Torres and Matic is worse than Ramires/Mikel etc. From a Chelsea point of view anyway.

I am looking forward to LFC Marshall update which will have some decent overall changes as well, is there any out that has both the transfer updates and the overall changes?

I just can't play this one- I mean Filipe's overall is pretty much equal to Ryan Bertrand. Kind of makes a lot of the transfers redundant when Costa is only slightly better than Torres and Matic is worse than Ramires/Mikel etc. From a Chelsea point of view anyway.

I am looking forward to LFC Marshall update which will have some decent overall changes as well, is there any out that has both the transfer updates and the overall changes?
Overall changes are subjective. I do my own slight changes to players who should be improved (e.g. Suarez, Sterling, Costa, Matic) but I find most PA/CA changes by LFC Marshall ridiculously bad. Rickie Lambert is case in point since he moved from Southampton to Liverpool he is suddenly a better player. I leave the PA/CA to the guys at SI and throughout my saves make note of who has been overrated (Younes Kaboul) and lower his stats, who has been underrated and also some positional changes that have occurred since the game came out (Chambers to CB, Stambouli to DM)

Overall changes are subjective. I do my own slight changes to players who should be improved (e.g. Suarez, Sterling, Costa, Matic) but I find most PA/CA changes by LFC Marshall ridiculously bad. Rickie Lambert is case in point since he moved from Southampton to Liverpool he is suddenly a better player. I leave the PA/CA to the guys at SI and throughout my saves make note of who has been overrated (Younes Kaboul) and lower his stats, who has been underrated and also some positional changes that have occurred since the game came out (Chambers to CB, Stambouli to DM)

I see your point on LFC Marshall and agree to an extent- certainly think a lot of guys are underrated. Matic is a huge one as a Chelsea fan/player, he is like half the player of Mikel on the game and can only play DM and only effectively in a few roles. IRL I think everyone can agree Matic is a beast- was excellent when he joined Chelsea late last season and played some great matches (one game against Man City he kept Toure unbelievably quiet). Sturridge was heavily underrated as well.

SI seems stubborn in a way, if someone shows 6-12 months of good form they won't give them a decent rating because they think it's only temporary... but if it's a game given out yearly I want to see the changes be pretty dynamic within reason. Another Chelsea example is Torres took far to long to get to the level he is now (pretty much useless 90% of the time).

Do you know anybody that does decent ratings?

And tactics wise what do you normally go with or do you download them?

I see your point on LFC Marshall and agree to an extent- certainly think a lot of guys are underrated. Matic is a huge one as a Chelsea fan/player, he is like half the player of Mikel on the game and can only play DM and only effectively in a few roles. IRL I think everyone can agree Matic is a beast- was excellent when he joined Chelsea late last season and played some great matches (one game against Man City he kept Toure unbelievably quiet). Sturridge was heavily underrated as well.

SI seems stubborn in a way, if someone shows 6-12 months of good form they won't give them a decent rating because they think it's only temporary... but if it's a game given out yearly I want to see the changes be pretty dynamic within reason. Another Chelsea example is Torres took far to long to get to the level he is now (pretty much useless 90% of the time).

Do you know anybody that does decent ratings?

And tactics wise what do you normally go with or do you download them?
No don't know anyone with decent ratings. Mind you never really looked, I don't mind spending 10-15 minutes in the editor cleaning it up a bit.

Tend to use my own tactics

I need some help with my tactic to help me enjoy this game. Here is my formation and tactic for my attackers. Can anyone help me get some use out of my striker?

jTHpnWh.jpg

Broghammer: 34 appearances, 10 goals, 10 assists, 7.01 average rating.

Shulton: 44 appearances, 11 goals, 22 assists, 7.24 average rating.

Harrop: 44 appearances, 12 goals, 7 assists, 6.79 average rating.

So obviously, they are all pulling their weight. Now, have a look at the stats of my 3 strikers.

Shikanda: 33 appearances (13 off the bench), 10 goals, 6 assists, 6.81 average rating.

Gnanduillet: 29 appearances, 6 goals, 6 assists, 6.78 average rating.

Wilson: 12 appearances, 3 goals, 3 assists, 6.88 average rating.

So as you can see, the strikers aren't really pulling their weight in terms of putting the ball into the back of the net. Anyone got any tips for a tactical change?

Post Shikanda's stats.

E27k1XS.jpg

I'm in the Skrill Premier.

Originally behind Gnanduillet and Wilson, but took their place because they couldn't score. He has shoddy finishing and composure but he wasn't really meant to be my first choice striker.

His natural position is an AM, probably why he isn't lighting up the world up front.

Also, his finishing is 8.
I touched on that. Both Gnanduillet and Wilson are out and out strikers who have good stats for strikers, but I had to drop them due to them playing like s**t. That's why I'm looking towards my tactics, because none of my strikers can perform.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you tried moving away from using a complete forward, most players at that level aren't good enough for a role like that. Also Shikanda doesn't exactly look like a goalscorer, composure and finishing are too low.

Have you tried moving away from using a complete forward, most players at that level aren't good enough for a role like that. Also Shikanda doesn't exactly look like a goalscorer, composure and finishing are too low.
What's a simpler role you could recommend? I'm in the off season so I can sign a player for the role.

I doubt you will have a striker below the Championship being able to play as complete forward. For that guy you posted who is naturally an AM play him as a false 9, treq or deep-lying forward

How do I go about getting early beta access to FM15?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back