Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Apr 20, 2008
The Terrortory!
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Uni Rats! Believeburgh
Post pics and videos of galloping gazelles having their days of grazing the endzone cut down by big cats named Wayne Scheshevski. Or perhaps the compound fracture - truly one of football's greatest injuries.

But for now, Leonard Weaver...

Re: Football's Greatest Injuries!

cheerleader-injury.jpg

She hurt her leg :(

ugh I hate seeing broken legs ... feel sorry for the guy. :(

Post pics and videos of galloping gazelles having their days of grazing the endzone cut down by big cats named Wayne Scheshevski. Or perhaps the compound fracture - truly one of football's greatest injuries.

But for now, Leonard Weaver...

**** :eek:

though, didn't revolt me, that Nathan Brown injury in the AFL a few years back, that i refuse to watch. That was terrible

This one is definitely not for the faint hearted and it WILL give you nightmares. It is undoubtedly the worst Football injury I've seen and one of the worst sporting injuries I've ever seen - apart from people dying racing motorbikes etc. etc.

On September 5, 1994, during a Monday Night Football contest and the Raiders' opening game of the season at the San Francisco 49ers, McCallum's career ended prematurely when 49ers linebacker Ken Norton Jr. twisted him to the ground. McCallum's cleat stuck in the ground, forcing his knee into a horrible dislocation. Norton lay pinned underneath a motionless McCallum for a couple of minutes while trainers attended to McCallum.[3]

McCallum suffered a complete hyperextension of his left knee, almost to a right angle. He suffered a ruptured artery in his left knee, and tore three ligaments, tore the calf and hamstring from the bone, and suffered nerve damage in the knee.
He was very lucky he didn't lose the leg:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/1997/Nov-23-Sun-1997/sports/6475384.html

Jack Tatum's hit on Darryl Stingley in a pre season game that put Stingley in a wheelchair which eventually caused his death due to heart disease would have to be right up there as the worst I'd say. The worst thing about the whole thing is Tatum never once visited Stingley after the incident (many Raider players and coaches at the time did), nor did he show any remorse.

Jack Tatum's hit on Darryl Stingley in a pre season game that put Stingley in a wheelchair which eventually caused his death due to heart disease would have to be right up there as the worst I'd say. The worst thing about the whole thing is Tatum never once visited Stingley after the incident (many Raider players and coaches at the time did), nor did he show any remorse.
1stly, was it even an illegal tackle in the context of the era? Trying to find footage but it's hard to find.

2ndly, unfortunately it is part of football. It's not like he did it on purpose. Not every player goes out and shows their 'remorse' or emotions on their sleeve.

3rdly, he claims he attempted to see him shortly after the incident but Stingley's family turned him away.

1stly, was it even an illegal tackle in the context of the era? Trying to find footage but it's hard to find.

2ndly, unfortunately it is part of football. It's not like he did it on purpose. Not every player goes out and shows their 'remorse' or emotions on their sleeve.

3rdly, he claims he attempted to see him shortly after the incident but Stingley's family turned him away.

It wasn't an illegal tackle at that time but it prompted the NFL to change the ruling on late hits and aggressive plays.

I doubt Tatum went out to put the guy in a wheelchair but I'm sure the hit was quite intentional just going on the way Tatum played the game. I'm not saying Tatum should have made a big song and dance about being remorseful. I'm just saying if I put a guy in a wheelchair in an accident like that I'd feel pretty bad and show remorse/make an apology.

Yeah Tatum claims he tried to see him shortly after the incident. It's all very he said she said, and even if Tatum is telling the truth, it was the family that turned him away. Tatum could have tried to have made contact with Stingley later on when the family wouldn't have intervened. Again thats just my take and what I would have done.

Still a horrific injury none the less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember reading that each time Tatum tried to apologise - television cameras were always involved at it was either to boost his image or help sell his biography. Stigley just wanted a genuine apology with no media involved, Tatum not promoting anything - just apoligising because it'll be the right thing to do.

cheerleader-injury.jpg

She hurt her leg :(

Gee i am no trainer but will gladly take a look and apply a soothing rub to aid cramp. ;)

I was going to post the McGahee one, that is sickly. Well, they all are, but I think the camera angle for McGahee's shows it better than the others, just brutal..couldn't imagine the pain any of these injuries create!

I dunno how you people can watch these things. I'm too scared to even watch one. Bad enough seeing it live on TV.
I actually missed the Lattimore injury and I'm refusing to watch the video.
I fell asleep about 1-2 minutes before it occured too, so I missed it live, just.
Heard about it, went and saw the Nathan Brown broken leg, that was sickening enough, so I cant watch it.

Normally injuries don't phase me, but seeing the bones visually snap and at angles really does make me sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back