2nds Footscray Off-Season- VFL Season Thread

But now he is training with the club!!!!!!!
He would be listed as a VFL player and when he isn't selected for games, he will go play in the WRFL like the others.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
More important question:
can he play kpf?
He was a key forward for the Falcons, and as others have said, his rowing should hold him in good stead in regards to upper body strength.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/father-son-will-beasley.949289/
Will Beasley

Club: Geelong Falcons

D.O.B: 31/05/1994

Height: 194cm

Weight: 90kg

Honours: National talent identification camp with the AIS for rowing; 2011 National Championships bronze medalist; 2011 State Championships silver medalist; Represented the State in the U18 New Zealand Tour team.

Will Beasley is a strong key forward for the Geelong Falcons standing at 194cm with the ability to perform effortlessly as a pack-mark player. Football runs in his blood with his father, 1985 Coleman Medalist Simon Beasley, linking him as part of the future Father-Son rule at the Western Bulldogs. Also an accomplished rower, he is extremely athletic for his height, which makes him not only an asset to Geelong Grammar but also one to watch in future Drafts.

Would be awesome to see him kicking around for the club. I'd love it if he can get back up to AFL level. We could sign him as a Category B rookie surely? Although we mightn't have the money for that.
We can sign him as ca b or father son
He stills falls under the f/s rule

If we end up with Foster through the rookie draft then we'd have Beasley and Foster in operation once again....it's amazing how we have these names back at the club.
plus a chance to go back-back flags with those two forwards

TempleKelvington

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2009
Out searching for omens pointing to our next flag.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
plus a chance to go back-back flags with those two forwards

I'm still worried about how the defensive KP stocks will look next year at Footscray with Roberts and Talia likely to pushing hard for senior spots. Assuming we hang onto Goodes, Lower and Russell and to a lesser extent Prismal, the forward line will still have some of Cordy, Redpath and the likes of Grant, Dickson, Rat depending on senior make up, and possibly Tommy Campbell.

The back line looks a bit bare. A lots rests on Zcord, Hamling and possibly a draftee. Need some experience there if we are to be as competitive as last year.

North Melb will not be sided with Ballarat in 2016 which means we may either take North ballarat into our hands or at least keep it running to a certain extend.

TempleKelvington

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
North Melb will not be sided with Ballarat in 2016 which means we may either take North ballarat into our hands or at least keep it running to a certain extend.

Nah.....surely not. We don't have the money to be involved with them and Footscray. I can't see why we'd go back to that model.

Nah.....surely not. We don't have the money to be involved with them and Footscray. I can't see why we'd go back to that model.
Maybe the offices they set up there may over look their vfl side as part of the agreement maybe
Great way to booster our vfl listed players maybe

TempleKelvington

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Maybe the offices they set up there may over look their vfl side as part of the agreement maybe
Great way to booster our vfl listed players maybe

The agreement we have up there I believe is with the local government and has nothing or little to do with North Ballarat Footy club. Like you say maybe the admin office would be incorporated with them and we may share facilities, but I can't see us getting involved with them from a footy point of view. But who knows.

footscary.png

Players back at training today, taken from their instagram account.

From what i have seen from their instagram video.
Darcy Fort
Mitch Jensen
Will Hayes
Michael Fogarty

Nick Jamieson
Jase Perkins
David Iaccarino
Jordan Keras

New players:
Joshua Grabowski (according to his instagram account)
Joey (joeypeperoni91 according to instagram)

VitalDread you mixed up Tom Gleeson's and Hayden Walters' photos.

Marko will be playing local footy next year as well.

Seems like a mate of mine is training with the dogs it seems, ex Port Melbourne player from a few years ago.

Dav1d

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
VitalDread you mixed up Tom Gleeson's and Hayden Walters' photos.

Marko will be playing local footy next year as well.

Seems like a mate of mine is training with the dogs it seems, ex Port Melbourne player from a few years ago.
How old is your mate?

I've played with a Port Melbourne player before, he was on their development squad

Also with a Port Adelaide rookie, both were incredibly arrogant
bringing it up every 10 minutes

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Very handy local footy player, thought he re-signed with Avondale, weird.

Aren't the local footy boys with Footscray contracts on pretty flexible VFL contracts? I.e. they are back at their old club when they are not going to get picked?

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Aren't the local footy boys with Footscray contracts on pretty flexible VFL contracts? I.e. they are back at their old club when they are not going to get picked?

Yeah, if they're not selected then they're playing with their suburban team. Which led to Iaccarino playing in the WRFL for Spotswood on the same day that fellow Spotswood player Fogarty was playing for us in the Prelim final.

Back