2nds Footscray - Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

A few more players training with the vfl side,

Lachlan Dalgleish (Essendon Delistee) and Simon Deery (Gippsland Power/ Williamstown) - tall utility, key position player, is best suited up forward, can also pinch hit in the ruck.

also heard Merrick Buchanan and Michael Fogarty wont be playing for Footscray in the 2016 season.

I remember Deery. Decent enough key forward option at VFL level. Dalgleish is pretty quick and versatile but doesn't win much of the ball from memory.

Shame to lose Buchanan and Fogarty though, I enjoyed watching both.

A few more players training with the vfl side,

Lachlan Dalgleish (Essendon Delistee) and Simon Deery (Gippsland Power/ Williamstown) - tall utility, key position player, is best suited up forward, can also pinch hit in the ruck.

also heard Merrick Buchanan and Michael Fogarty wont be playing for Footscray in the 2016 season.
Thanks very much for the update, greatly appreciated.

I rate Deery, solid marking forward at 192cm.
Played footy with some of the Bulldogs boys back when aligned to Williamstown
If we get him and Isile, we are set for the flag

I rate Deery, solid marking forward at 192cm.
Played footy with some of the Bulldogs boys back when aligned to Williamstown
If we get him and Isile, we are set for the flag

Yeah liked what I saw in Deery when he first showed up in the Willy development group. Had been a little surprised he had not developed more in following seasons [ assumed, from not seeing a lot of him at senior level]. Bit of a neither here nor there size, but felt he did look likely early.
How has he developed ?

Yeah liked what I saw in Deery when he first showed up in the Willy development group. Had been a little surprised he had not developed more in following seasons [ assumed, from not seeing a lot of him at senior level]. Bit of a neither here nor there size, but felt he did look likely early.
How has he developed ?
Only seen a few games of his over the years
They moved him in defense from time to time
Played well on both ends of the ground

Only seen a few games of his over the years
They moved him in defense from time to time
Played well on both ends of the ground

Yeah VD, I liked some of what I saw, but his consistency seemed a bit of a concern, as he did seem to go missing a bit.
I worried he might be one of those wasted talents. However there were occasions when he had played well, and still not got promoted.
Had to worry was there something not in his game that was bothering the Willy coaches/selectors. You just don't know from the outside I guess.

Similarly I liked what I saw of Dane Rampe at Willy, and look what he has gone on to do with the Swannies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah VD, I liked some of what I saw, but his consistency seemed a bit of a concern, as he did seem to go missing a bit.
I worried he might be one of those wasted talents. However there were occasions when he had played well, and still not got promoted.
Had to worry was there something not in his game that was bothering the Willy coaches/selectors. You just don't know from the outside I guess.

Similarly I liked what I saw of Dane Rampe at Willy, and look what he has gone on to do with the Swannies.
Williamstown is one of the hardest teams to crack in the senior line up
Plus willy are stacked with tall talent that have been around for 4+ years and their forward line structure isn't based around many tall forwards

Williamstown is one of the hardest teams to crack in the senior line up
Plus willy are stacked with tall talent that have been around for 4+ years and their forward line structure isn't based around many tall forwards

They really are. Conway took forever to get a spot in the team regularily and he's pretty damn decent.

They really are. Conway took forever to get a spot in the team regularily and he's pretty damn decent.
Most williamstown players have 30-40 development games to their name even before selection

Footscray re sign
Mark Austin, Jordan Russell, Nick Jamieson, Alex Greenwood, Will and JD Hayes, Liam Nash, Mitch Hannan, Josh Wallis, Anthony Barry and Tom Sharp

Footscray re sign
Mark Austin, Jordan Russell, Nick Jamieson, Alex Greenwood, Will and JD Hayes, Liam Nash, Mitch Hannan, Josh Wallis, Anthony Barry and Tom Sharp

Glad to hear about the resigning of some of these guys. But Austin ? Why? Yeah his best is pretty good, but his 'not best' is too plentiful, and bl**dy awful.

Glad to hear about the resigning of some of these guys. But Austin ? Why? Yeah his best is pretty good, but his 'not best' is too plentiful, and bl**dy awful.
We snatched Mark Austin away from the Essendon top up list, there were
strong rumours around Austin being number nine or possibly ten.:eek::rolleyes::cool:

Leadership, depth, afl experience and also works at the club as a development type role

We snatched Mark Austin away from the Essendon top up list, there were
strong rumours around Austin being number nine or possibly ten.:eek::rolleyes::cool:

Essendon are now famous for 'bright' decision making. Quite frankly I wish they had signed him.

As for leadership, I prefer Jordan Russell, and would prefer to see some of our WB kids with leadership potential given more of a chance to develop that side of their character quite frankly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back